Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Sedo bug during the offer process

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
What's wrong with this picture:

Your Desired Price: Make Offer
Buyer´s Offer: 800 USD
Your Counter Offer: 888,888 USD
Your Counter Offer: 777,777 USD View
Buyer´s Offer: 777 USD
You cancelled the negotiations

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
No, that's an offer exchange for one of my domains.

So, my question is, why is there a $777 bid AFTER a previous bid of $800? I thought you cannot bid lower than your previous bid. Looks like a glitch.

And yes, the $888,888 counter-offer was to get rid of this offer altogether. Sedo must implement an option for the seller to refuse any offer without placing a response counter-offer.

Sonny Banks

<span style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sedo need to implement so much options for the sellers...I have loose my hopes at this point :(

BELLC1

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I did the same thing yesterday. I had a minimum offer and countered it with $100,000.00 just to get rid of him.

I had to wait until this morning for the seller to respond with his new offer for $10 more before I could cancel the bidding. (Which isn't all bad considering Buyers usually don't respond at all to high counteroffers).

Yes, we need a way to cancel the ridiculous because it locks out our ability to edit anything with the domain.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
That's just part of the problem; I am still concerned by the fact that the "buyer's" counter-bid was lower than a previous one.

mvl

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't think this is a glitch. As a seller you can do the equivalent: you can go up in price during negotiations.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I don't think this is a glitch. As a seller you can do the equivalent: you can go up in price during negotiations.

Since when? I am 100% sure you could not do that. You could only lower your asking price from one offer to the next.

If this has changed, that's another indication of how crappy Sedo's information system is.

BELLC1

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Since when? I am 100% sure you could not do that. You could only lower your asking price from one offer to the next.

That's the way I've always understood it as well. Seller can't do crap except lower the price.

mvl

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I raised my asking price on more than one occasion and I assumed this was possible by design.

/Edit: I think it works like this for sellers:

You submit an offer. This offer is valid for 7 days. As long as the offer is valid you can enter a new offer, but only a lower one. At the moment you receive a counteroffer from the buyer, your offer is voided, so the "lower than" restriction does not apply anymore. At that moment the whole thing starts all over again and you can enter any offer you like.

For buyers it works the same: as long as your offer is valid you can overrule it, but only in a way that's advantageous for the seller. So as a buyer you can only enter a higher bid as long you previous offer is still valid.

Last edited:

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
mvl, that explains the course of "negotiations" above, thanks :)
I think I will have fun with this yo-yo dealing that, in my opinion, makes little sense. A seller hopping all over the place and a buyer doing the same LOL

Sonny Banks

<span style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

This is a news for me: I always lower my counter offers...

mvl

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This is a news for me: I always lower my counter offers...
The restriction only applies as long as your counteroffer is valid. Your counteroffer is voided when the buyers submits a new offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom