Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Sedo charges

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laird Mobi

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have just had an email newsletter through this is what it said!

3) Save on your sales commissions
For all domains parked with Sedo, we've reduced our normal $50 minimum commission fee down to $0. That's right, you now pay no minimum commission on sales of domains parked with Sedo.

So why am i paying Sedo an extra 100 euro's per sale??? Is this the .com favourtism again? All my domains well 99% are parked with Sedo so why have i been charged all the flat rate commission?????????? False advertising i think!

I would like some answers! Are us .co.uk and .fr domainers being seen off yet again or does this acually apply to us?

redbulldog

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The newsletter doesnt make sense to me, further down it says

"if your domains are parked, the minimum commission fee does not apply to you, and you would pay only a flat 10%-- in this case, $20-- and profit $180"

Thats not $0 is is?

Laird Mobi

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think they would start listening if there were some decent competition!!! But it's a bit of a beast to compete with!

rawkinrich

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The things is Nominet are a non-profit company. So if they abolished the change of ownership fee, they would jack up the original registration fee (like typical english people/companies would).

Laird Mobi

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's good news but i doubt it applies to us hard slogging .co.uk domainers! Yet another kick in the balls (most probably!) Awaiting reply from Sedo should they wish too of course.

SedoCoUk

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi.

It seems you are misreading the "no minimum commission fee" The previous minimum commission was 100 of the sales currency. It is now 50 of the sales currency (com/net/org/info - see Price List for full details). Sedo's normal commission is 10%. This is not a minimum commission fee - this is NORMAL commission. By saying for people who park their domains there is no "minimum" commission it means that the NORMAL commission applies - i.e. 10%. This is made clear in the newsletter - the paragraph below explains it. I will admit that the newsletter is not entirely clear about how it applies, but that is what the price list page and the reference to it is for.

As for the co.uk commission debate, we do listen, however at the moment the commission reflects the time and effort that goes in to aiding and overseeing a .uk transfer. Once that is made simpler the commission is likely to be reduced.

Best Regards,
Justin

Laird Mobi

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So with respect to the newsletter say i have just got and accepted an offer of $200 for a domain called donkey.co.uk and a domain called donkey.com what exactly will i be paid from Sedo for each. I think the explainations are now getting confusing and this needs to be clarified before total confusion gets a grip!

brassneck

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Don't know if I'm being a bit thick but I am completely confused. So there is still a $50 etc minimum fee if you park your names on Sedo? If this isn't the case then I have misread this also. The price list in the link doesn't seem to be any resemblance to the way the text in the newsletter was worded.

Stephen.

SedoCoUk said:
Hi.

It seems you are misreading the "no minimum commission fee" The previous minimum commission was 100 of the sales currency. It is now 50 of the sales currency (com/net/org/info - see Price List for full details). Sedo's normal commission is 10%. This is not a minimum commission fee - this is NORMAL commission. By saying for people who park their domains there is no "minimum" commission it means that the NORMAL commission applies - i.e. 10%. This is made clear in the newsletter - the paragraph below explains it. I will admit that the newsletter is not entirely clear about how it applies, but that is what the price list page and the reference to it is for.

As for the co.uk commission debate, we do listen, however at the moment the commission reflects the time and effort that goes in to aiding and overseeing a .uk transfer. Once that is made simpler the commission is likely to be reduced.

Best Regards,
Justin

ecalc

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I just received my first bid on a .com domain name parked on Sedo.

Sales Price:* 60 EUR
Less Sedo Fees: -6 EUR
Amount to be paid: 54 EUR

I haven't responded yet because the 6 EUR fee disagrees with the 50 EUR fee quoted on the Sedo price page. Has anyone completed a similar transaction and paid a Sedo fee below the 50 EUR/USD minimum? Thanks.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

SedoCoUk said:
Hi.

Best Regards,
Justin

Laird Mobi

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Oi Sedo people! Obviously people are confused about this stupid email newsletter we got, now can somebody please explain so the world knows exactly what you charge. I think if you keep this up you may find Sedo getting taken to court for false advertising etc etc. So get on with it!

SedoCoUk

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello again aggieuk,

Minimum fee for domain sales:
- for the TLDs .de/.com/.net/.org/.info/.biz/.at/.ch/.us the Sedo fee is 50 /$/GBP
- for the TLDs .co.uk/.fr the Sedo fee is 100 /$/GBP
- for all other Domains the Sedo fee is 150 /$/GBP

Due to the new minimum Sedo fees, the minimum offers have also changed:

The minimum offer is now dependant on the TLD:
- for the TLDs .de/.com/.net/.org/.info/.biz/.at/.ch/.us the minimum offer is 60 /$/GBP
- for the TLDs .co.uk/.fr the minimum offer is 110 /$/GBP
- for all other TLDs the minimum offer is 160 /$/GBP

Kind Regards,

Nora Cotter
Key Account Manager

SEDO.COM :: Buy and Sell Domain Names and Websites

tel +49 (221)-420-758-287 :: fax +49 (212)-202-3951
email: [email protected] :: url: www.sedo.com

_______________________ :: make a name for yourself.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Congrats on the faster servers :-D

skylight

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
SedoCoUk said:
Due to the new minimum Sedo fees, the minimum offers have also changed:

The minimum offer is now dependant on the TLD:
- for the TLDs .de/.com/.net/.org/.info/.biz/.at/.ch/.us the minimum offer is 60 /$/GBP
- for the TLDs .co.uk/.fr the minimum offer is 110 /$/GBP
- for all other TLDs the minimum offer is 160 /$/GBP

Do you mean someone can make an offer of $60 and The owner will only get $60 - $50 = $10 (- $7 reg fee) = a whole $3 !!

Hmm.... i think i rather let the domain rot than to accept $60 offer

SedoCoUk

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello,
The seller is under no obligation to accept the $60 offer, unless he/she has set a fixed asking price of $60.
The $60 is the minimum amount that can be offered.
Sedo operates on a bid-counterbid system, so the seller can make a counteroffer.

Our price list is available at www.sedo.com

Kind regards,
Nora from Sedo

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom