Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Sedo closed my account - now what do I do??

Status
Not open for further replies.

beansbaxter

Level 3
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've been with Sedo for many years, never had any problems with them. I've purchased several domain names through them too and they were always cool.

Logged onto my account tonight to find out it didnt work. I tried a password recovery and it said my account was closed. So I emailed Sedo asking what's up because they never sent me a notice, no email, nothing. Just closed it. And I have hundreds of domains directed toward Sedo.

So what are some alternative options to Sedo for parking my domains?

There are some domain names I see on Sedo that I want to buy - how do I safely get another Sedo account just to buy some more domain names?

Domain Days 2024

thevirtual

Level 10
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
There are many alternatives to Sedo for parking, some better some worse.

If you want to purchase a domain simply email the registrant, you can use Escrow.com for a safe transaction.

Stian

www.bitweb.no
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There must be a reason why they shut down your account. You should give them a call and clear things up, as there might have been some misunderstanding.

Sonny Banks

<span style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Same happen to me 2 months ago.
They close without apparently reasons.
I just contact my account manager and they reopen my account after one month.

PS. They said they close my account because some fake bidders bids on my domains in some auctions :?::?::?:

oppo

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i dont think that sedo close your account without any reason:asleep:

during the last month we saw a plenty of fakebids (auctions) on sedo, so could it be (just asking) that you bought a few names and didnt paid for?

zabijaq

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
SEDO sux bigtime.

They are just rip-off at parking, cause they just abuse that You need to park to get better stats there and avoid minimum commision fee. So they squeez You with 0,02EUR clicks.

I've joined parked about 10 days ago and I got about 5x more money from expensive keyword domains and 2x from average keyword cost domains.

Yeah, and setting domains is slow, works with one keyword, You wait for approval where they take Your money. And when You earn alot, they sometimes close Your account just to forfeit Your moeny saying that it doesn't convert for their advertisers. Domain owner is allways guilty for them.

Parked offers bulk domain list registration, add own keywords well picked from domain name. You can create own categories (electronics, loan, invest, adult, etc). When You create nice custom templaet, You can change it to all domains at some category.
You can also edit Title and tag so You can get some traffic from SE (nice extra cash, high CTR)

randomo

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have just joined the list of people whose Sedo accounts were closed with no explanation.

I've had an account there for years, sold dozens of domains through them, & am a fine upstanding person. Seems like if they think I did something wrong [which I didn't], they should at least ask before simply closing the account!

I sent Monica a PM, so I hope this will all get fixed soon (but probably not today, as it's Labor Day). But even after they apologize and reopen my account (as I can only assume they will), the bad feelings about their poor customer treatment will linger.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sign up for an account with parked.com and the member here "donsimon" can possibly help you get approved depending on your domains & traffic, keep in mind though that parked.com has very strict policies to protect their advertisers and any BS traffic and clicks will not be tolerated whatsoever. Not pointing any fingers, but Sedo must have had some reason to close your account. Good luck bro.

randomo

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sign up for an account with parked.com and the member here "donsimon" can possibly help you get approved depending on your domains & traffic, keep in mind though that parked.com has very strict policies to protect their advertisers and any BS traffic and clicks will not be tolerated whatsoever. Not pointing any fingers, but Sedo must have had some reason to close your account. Good luck bro.

Thanks for the ideas - I already have lots of domains in a Parked account, but I still want my portfolio to be listed at Sedo for sales purposes. And I was not involved in any type of "BS"; I honestly do not know why they closed my account. (You'd think they could at least tell me!)

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the ideas - I already have lots of domains in a Parked account, but I still want my portfolio to be listed at Sedo for sales purposes. And I was not involved in any type of "BS"; I honestly do not know why they closed my account. (You'd think they could at least tell me!)

Of course brother, my post was intended for the thread starter :eek:k:

Tom K.

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I recommend you sign up with Parked as well.

Sent you a pm with more details.

beansbaxter

Level 3
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I tried signing up on Parked twice now, both times they denied my application. I have a friend who had worse domain names than me, and he got approved first time.

Sonny Banks

<span style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I tried signing up on Parked twice now, both times they denied my application. I have a friend who had worse domain names than me, and he got approved first time.

Send only Short Domains and domains .com
You have more probability to be accept.

theinvestor

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
PM me beans ..i can get you into parked.

George Verdugo

Seasoned Domainer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
they closed my acct too so i moved to trafficz.com and they are 1000 times better than sedo... if you need your domains parked pm me and i will give the sales mgr name and he will submi your domains for you... let me know....with sedo i used to earn 60.00 a month with trafficz now its about 300.00 plus amonth... they have better payouts..... if u need help let me know thanks>>>>

randomo

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
OK, they just reopened my account.

It turns out they thought there was shill bidding in a GreatDomains auction that I won last week. So, instead of asking (or telling) me anything, they just closed my account.

That's a lousy policy. (At least they eventually figured out that I am trustworthy.)

zabijaq

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Good to hear it's OK now. But still I would dump them for parking: For example for these lucky days.
parked.jpg

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
What you should do is open a parking account somewhere else and move on... The fact they closed your account without warning should tell you how much they value you as a client.

zabijaq

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Raider is 100% right, plenty of people are complaining and they doesn't give a shit about all of us.
If people don't show them (by leaving, or not parking there or selling), that's only way for them to reflect new situation.

I think they are sleeping due to their position. 2 days just to get domains approved sux.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom