Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Sedo closed my account - now what do I do??

Status
Not open for further replies.

INFORG

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
2 days just to get domains approved sux.

If it is a name that I know was parked at SEDO before I owned it, I automatically send an email to ownerverification (AT) SEDO (DOT) com
and include a link to the updated WHOIS data for the domain. Usually up within a few hours during business hours/days

Sample email:
Subject: Owner Verifiation for DOMAIN_NAME

Hello,

Hopefully to speed the process, I am enclosing links to the updated Whois information for DOMAIN_NAME

They were previously owned by a Sedo user, and I just purchased them, so manual verification is necessary.

Please check Whois at:
http://who.godaddy.com/WhoIs.aspx?domain=DOMAIN_NAME&prog_id=godaddy

Thanks,
Full Name
Sedo User: USER ID

Domain Days 2024

zabijaq

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sedo is prehistoric company just like Microsoft. They don't care for nothing just to wait for sallaries and think their position at market is infinite so their sallaries will go forever no matter what they do. This is sure path to hell.

Just read this threads:

Parked vs Namedrive vs Whypark vs Sedo to see that Sedo parking is rip-off.
http://www.namepros.com/510515-test-program-progress-sedo-vs-parked-3.html

See last posts at Sedo official thread where Sedo is removing all domain with president candidates names, worse then communist sense of business:

http://www.namepros.com/408817-sedo-com-official-thread-last-post.html

MainesDomains

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This is all I received. I looked last week and think I had about $9 from 70 domains. Now this. What the heck? I never even clicked one of my own links even ONCE! That was a waste of three hours setting that up:

-------------------------
Dear Sedo Customer,

This email is in regards to your domain names parked with Sedo’s parking program. We recently received a notification from our advertising provider that a significant portion of the traffic associated with your domain names has been deemed as “spam traffic” and is therefore ineligible for Sedo’s parking program.

Therefore, your domain names have been blocked from our parking program, your parking revenue has been withheld, and your Sedo account has been closed pending further review.

If you have any questions regarding this decision please let us know. We will be happy to assist you.

Best regards,

Your Sedo Team

zabijaq

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Only dumb retarded Sedo support can write "best regards" after banning account and forfeiting earnings. I don't udnerstand why people still use them for parking cause there's no doubt they are worst paying parking company with ugly langing page, "You must be kidding me" PPC. Just hit my blog, pick other parking company (Parked, Namedrive, whoever will approve Your account) and sh!t on Sedos head cause they don't care about customers. For example Parked accepts traffic from links, allows You to pick tags and title to get some small SE traffic, has payout 2x a month and got much higher PPC and CTR, nice landing pages. Just swap Your nameservers to parked and add domains and about 70-80% will have automatic good relevant keywords and ads just picked from domain name.

JohnZ

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
it happened to me now !
I , i joined sedo at their beginning time and had 80 domain names parked @ sedo,
making US$300-$400 monthly through sedoparking from my good traffic domains(miss.com complain.com association.com dolar.com 2009.com....)
I often buy and sell domains @sedo,,...this afternoon, I can't login my account and they closed my account without any notice, I called them but they said email is beter way to contact them. that made me very dispointed with them. no reason is a reason,the reason is that they want me leaving,what a company and how poor the service!

zabijaq

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Johnz, that sux alot. As thir support didn't want to talk to you mean they can't confront it with any argument and they know it. Hit my signature and then choose different parking company. I suggest you to use Parked (see sig) as they allow relevant traffic from backlinks (so You can create more traffic and have better SE rankings), they has much higher CTR and PPC and also they allow You to set title and metatags of domain to get atleast some SE traffic. Also Parked choose keywords from domain name so You only need to manually edit about 20% of domains to optimize it. Then you might use mass portfolio category edit to pick better landing page colors to each category. Enjoy. :D If You were making 300-400$ then You'll be making atleast 700-1000$, that's real difference between Sedo and good parking company.

JohnZ

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi Zabijag, I had moved most my doamin names to ND now, it is working better than sedo!
thanks anyway.

zabijaq

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
There must be a reason why they shut down your account. You should give them a call and clear things up, as there might have been some misunderstanding.

Sedo made a move, Sedo should explain. Sedo doesn't send e-mail with close account info. Sedo didn't replied his e-mails.
Sedo is getting worse and worse. About 2 months ago, I've contacted Sedo support to ask if there is tracking cookie for referral program and it tooks about 5-6 messages from me to explain support employee that tracking cookie isn't anything he can !!!!eat!!!!. Dumb support, fishy banning of accounts. Sedo is IMO becoming very unserious company.
Ok, if anyone is selling, Sedo is like "must use" but I don't really understand people still parking there, getting ripped-off with very low revenue and sometimes getting banned without reason.

As I have explained in my blogpost, Parked accepts traffic from backlinks, has high CTR landing page (if optimised well for keywords, and it's pure type-in traffic, CTR is 15-50%). CTR is lower for expired domains traffic as people are searching for certain content they've known.
But still, getting 0,50-1$ for insurance, invest, trade, stock, loan keywords is much better then Sedo's 0,02EUR. I've seen one reply at namepros where someone was complaining he's got some 0,01-0,02EUR clicks on mesothelioma domain and mesothelioma is very high paying keyword (mesiothelioma attorney is probably the highest paying).

Sedo sux bigtime and it's time to face it. If You check official parking threads at Npros, Parked thread runned by Donny is to solve peoples problems. Official Sedo thread with Stephanie is just advetising Sedo auctions. She barely reply to any complains or problems of people.

If there are solid companies, why would I use junk like Sedo parking? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom