Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Sedo deletes my domains without notice and without any reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dobski08

Level 2
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
LOL and SEDO PPC REVENUE SUCKS TOO! added my domain there, 8 clicks and wow i earnt 0.23, im pointing domain back to my server/content, sedo suck!

Domain Days 2024
S

SedoCoUk

Billbo - Each instance is evaluated on a case by case basis, but if a domain was removed from someone's account due to an error on our part, then yes we would compensate the member for loss of earnings during this period.

Wolfis - The domains were added to your account first thing this business day. I've asked your Account Manager (Michael Darr) to contact you with regards any applicable compensation for the time period that these were not listed in your account.

Best,

Tom

Last edited by a moderator:

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I found an old E-mail dated 13 Nov 2007 so there must have been a database restore at some point.
Dear Sedo Customer,

Due to a computer error, some domains entered on Friday, 09 November 2007 were not added to their respective Sedo accounts. Luckily, not all domains were affected, but only those domains that were previously listed in another Sedo account.

Unfortunately, we cannot determine the exact domains that were affected, but we were able to determine that your account was affected in some way. Please verify that all the domains you entered into your account on Friday are currently listed. If you find that any domains are missing, please relist them to your account.

We apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused. Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

If we can be of further assistance please let us know.

Kind regards,
Question for Tom@Sedo: if a Sedo user adds a domain that is already listed under someone else's account maybe it would be good to send an automated notification by E-mail to the previous holder. The way I look at it, as long as the name is using Sedo name servers it looks easy to steal traffic and revenue from other users.

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's easier for sedo to delete the domain from your account. Then sedo gets all the earnings.

Today I can't add any domains.
I added 100 domains twice and I can't see them in account.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Right now I can't add domains in my account using their API
Temporary database error. Please try again in five minutes!

jaxonrice

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Its worth reminding all Sedo members to check their deleted folders regularly for domains that have been deleted by mistake by Sedo.

I have discovered deleted domains twice in the last week, the most recent incident involving a $50/day domain. Luckily my account manager restored it pretty quickly once I phoned him, but the most irritating thing about this happening is once they are reinstated back to your account you have to optimise them and set keywords all over again.

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This is not a mistake.
It is stealing... Pure and simple stealing.

FogFever

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Its worth reminding all Sedo members to check their deleted folders regularly for domains that have been deleted by mistake by Sedo.

Thanks for the advice. Where is the deleted folder?

keyser

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I found some *deleted by mistake* domains too.
Quite annoying. Pm on the way.

rmnarmenta

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
thanks for the info, i never checked either. yea, one of mine has been deleted also.

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I found 2 more domains that were deleted.

irongloves

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
WHAAAAAATTTTT????

Thanks guys, I didn't know about this until today and today I found 19 domains deleted from my account.

Not big bucks but still is something i didn't ask for.

All my domains are currently parked on Sedo, but they just already have a YELLOW CARD from me.

Next one, and they are out of my life.

THINGS SEDO MUST DO ASAP:
1) Email notification when a domain in account get parked in another account or get deleted
2) Email notification when a domain is "no longer supported by advertiser" or "domain blocked"
3) Fix the bugs in the SedoPro control panel (Links disappearing, etc.)
4) Fix the bugs in the SedoPro "domain optimizer" control panel....it actually sucks, it's heavy to load and not always it catch all features i select.

Another thing sorry if it is OT.

If i park a domain name on Sedo and I select the "for sale" option, how can i de-select this option (take away the words "this domain is for sale on...." from the page), just if I dont want anymore to sell the domain?

Thanks

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom