Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Sedo DNS down?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Either way, load times for all domains (location: Eastern USA) is horrendous!
When will the problems get fixed?

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
crap...... my requests are timing out. every few will get through but load up very verrrrrry slowly. not good!

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Yes, expect revenue to plummet while this happens. Ping times are in the mid 130 ms with the norm being sub 50's

Sedo needs to set up US-based DNS servers; the current ones are in Germany.

chungju4

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
RADiSTAR said:
Yes, expect revenue to plummet while this happens. Ping times are in the mid 130 ms with the norm being sub 50's

Sedo needs to set up US-based DNS servers; the current ones are in Germany.

not really to do with being in germany v usa.

they been having problems for weeks, revenue for august is at least 30% down from july. check out the problems here.

[mod]removed other forum links[/mod]
http://www.domainstate.com/showthread.php3?threadid=49164

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
My revenue has not been affected till this Friday. Today I am seeing loss of connection to most (all?) of my domains. I noticed they are working on new servers but the DNS has always been in Germany.

Sarcle

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have been noticing this also. I hope they get their act together soon.

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Have been unable to connect to parked sites for almost 2 hours now.. there has also been no revenue during this time.. clearly this is down to SEDO and I think compensation should be issued.. the fact is that if I was aware of this I would of redirected all my domains to another PPC.. clearly SEDO need to sort out there Tech team as this is costing us all money now...

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Sedoparking.com is FUBAR
It's not a matter of issuing a refund; it's disruption of service and stats are crucial to establishing continuous service in order to promote/sell domains.

Oddly, I still receive replies to offers I made on Sedo. Go figure.

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The offer System in on a different IP...

I have just redirected all my domains now.. aint enom great.. 4000 domains updated in a blink of an eye..

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Well that just sucks....Where are you redirecting your domains right now?
I wonder if Sedo is folding or something.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Sedo's login page says downtime till 4:15pm Eastern. It doesn't mention which day though...

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
wow, everything is still down..... i would think that they would have already dispatched somebody to take care of this.... but apparently that has not happened yet.

:smartass: :smartass: :smartass:

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
just read that they are getting dos'd... that stinks. not their fault and in this situations there is little that can be done. takes a lot of time to fix things up unless the attack stops.

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
it sounds more like a DDos than a simple DoS attack.. Distributed attacks that are proxied need a whole load of power.. and to be honest only a worm or virus or perhaps a HUGE computing Grid could do that sort of damage..

However hackers do love the DDOS against the DNS.. Botnets are becoming common place and well Best Of Luck SEDO.. may I suggest that you increase your bandwidth.. What I have done for my Clients in the Past is redirect all the IP traffic through a high yield bandwidth provider who filtered out the traffic and sent only legitimate traffic back through our network.. as there is no way you are going to filter this if its Botnets or a Grid Distributed attack..

pelican

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
no wonder most of my parked domain a sedo takes a long time to resolves...

S

SedoCoUk

Thank you all for your comments and your support, we can ensure you that we have a competent tech team working - but the attack we are suffering from is similar to what Yahoo experienced some time ago. As I posted yesterday, we are suffering from a quite sophisticated DDos attack.

Thank you namestrands for your hint about the Austrian company www.block-ddos.com. We are in contact with them but they are currently unable to help us.

We are changing routings and moving to new IPs, and eventually this will help. Thank you for your patience, and let me assure you again that we will compensate you for the loss in revenue.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Any idea when this will revert to normal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom