Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Sedo DNS down?

Status
Not open for further replies.

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
SedoCoUk said:
We are changing routings and moving to new IPs, and eventually this will help. Thank you for your patience, and let me assure you again that we will compensate you for the loss in revenue.

Happy to help... and you have my support.

Just one question. A lot of people actually point there domains directly at the sedoparking IP address.. could you please PM or post the new IP as soon as you are aware. Personally Moving the IP address will only help in the short term if at all as if someone is out to take SEDO down which I suspect.. the sophisticated BOTNetworks can Switch IP's just as fast..

From experience the only way to beat these attacks is to either out bandwidth them or create your own Distributed Cluster with some AI packet filtering hardware..

Only way to trace this one is start with the Zombie Servers and work your way through.. most Crackers are Meglomaniacs and tend to leave there signatures..

Best of Luck SEDO.. We await an update..

domaindirk

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Site down. Parking pages down , too. Very disappointing. I guess they still do not work weekends. Weekends are usually when this service has problems, yet there is no support.

DD

S

SedoCoUk

Hello from Sedo,

the parking pages which are URL forwarded to http://www.sedoparking.com/domainname are operational again.

We are working on the other pages, but I ask for your understanding that we don't post all the details here yet. We want to make sure that we don't give out information which a potential attacker could use to restart his attack in a different way.

And yes, we do work weekends - in fact all weekend.

windyreddy

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have had very poor revenue's for the last 3 days. A 40 % low than my average. Will I be compensated for all the 3 days or only for today ( when it was formally declared).

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Think we all have had poor stats.. but my stats are only showing a dip only in the last 48 hours.. other than that all seems to be as normal as well SEDO normal.

SEDO have been a victim of this attack and what with there own technical issues it will take some time to price up the damage.. but I would hope and suspect that SEDO would compensate based on the previous days revenue.

Leading Names

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
windyreddy said:
I have had very poor revenue's for the last 3 days. A 40 % low than my average. Will I be compensated for all the 3 days or only for today ( when it was formally declared).

Same here,

Revenue has been awful for me since last Wednesday, getting worse as the week progressed.

- Rob

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am sure they will discuss compensation once they get things handled on their end. Compensation is probably one of the last things on their mind right now.

S

SedoCoUk

Hello from Sedo,

all parked domains are now back online and are operating as usual!

The URL forwarded domains (parked at http://www.sedoparking.com/domainname) have been working since 3pm (CET) today.
Now the DNS parked domains (DNS settings set to ns1.sedoparking.com and ns2.sedoparking.com) are back online. Please allow some minutes for the DNS settings to update.

If you have set your A record directly to our parking IP, you don't have to change it. We managed to pull the attack away from this IP. However, please bear in mind that we might need to quickly change an IP address in case of future attacks. If we do not control the DNS settings, we then can't move your domain. Therefore we do not recommend that you point your domain's A record to our parking server.

We have certainly gained a lot of experience during the attack which will help us to fight future problems.

We will discuss compensation tomorrow and keep you updated. Our goal is that you are fully compensated for any loss.
From what we know, the DDoS attack started yesterday afternoon, but we will even look at the stats of the days before yesterday.

Thank you again for your patience and your support.

scorpio

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
my revenue at sedo has been all time low .. some .co.uk names got 1/10th of traffic they were getting on usual day in last 2 days..
Hope its back to normal today.

domaindirk

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Keep getting "Fatal Error" for Sedo.com. Sedo.co.uk is working.

DD

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom