Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

SEDO down at the end of Great Domain auction?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Credit

Buying CC.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Is it just me or is anyone else having problems loading SEDO pages right now? Started about 10 minutes before the end of the Great Domains auction..

Last edited:

chillking

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes on the last 5 mins how weed lol.

Credit

Buying CC.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Much better now, but the auction passed

Biggs101

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yes, there was some major technical issues in the last 10-15mins of the auction. Many of the bidders were not able to bid on a large batch of the domains... I have just been informed that their tech team is working on the website as we speak. It is likely the auction will be extended briefly.

chillking

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I got a domain reserve met yesterday and it endid today when the auction went down. I think their was a good chance i could of got more bids because i normally bid in the last 3 mins . If that happend to me if i was trying to win a domain i would be gutted lol.

SedoCoUk member i notice you are looking at this thread whats your opinion ? thanks.

Last edited:

demaxxus

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sedo's still down for me. It just keeps timing out.

I don't even care about the .de auctions, I just want to add some more domains to my account :p

Domain Jedi

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yes, there was some major technical issues in the last 10-15mins of the auction. Many of the bidders were not able to bid on a large batch of the domains... I have just been informed that their tech team is working on the website as we speak. It is likely the auction will be extended briefly.

It had better be... :doh:

SedoCoUk, please give us an update. I had several domains in the GreatDomains auction and needless to day... I am fuming.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Once again, they have not learned that you can not post end times on hundreds of domains to end at precisely the same time.

Perhaps this will result in another court action.

demaxxus

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Serves them right for their .de auction cash grab.

Domain Jedi

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The Great Domains site is down however, they have posted this message:

"Due to the extremely high participation in the .De Pre-Auction Sedo?s website was temporarily down. We have decided to extend the auction until 8:00 PM CET. If necessary we will extend the auction later than this time to accommodate additional bids."

ezhilraja

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Is it just me or is anyone else having problems loading SEDO pages right now? Started about 10 minutes before the end of the Great Domains auction..
yes; i too couldnt bid at the end of the great domains auction, but it seems that they are not extending it..

Bitte beachten Sie, dass wegen der extrem hohen Beteiligung an der Sonderauktion für die neuen .de Domains unsere Webseite teilweise nicht erreichbar ist.

Daher wird die Auktion bis 20:00 verlängert. Sofern notwendig, verlängern wir die Auktion erneut.

Wir bitten die Unannehmlichkeiten zu entschuldigen und freuen uns auf Ihre finalen Gebote!

Due to the extremely high participation in the .De Pre-Auction Sedo?s website was temporarily down. We have decided to extend the auction until 8:00 PM CET. If necessary we will extend the auction later than this time to accommodate additional bids.

We want to apologize for any inconvenience caused and we appreciate your participation in the 1, 2, & 3-Character .de Pre-Auction.

S

SedoCoUk

Hello everyone,

We do apologize for the inconvenience. Please know that we are looking into this and I will make a general post as soon as I have more information to share with you.

Thanks,

Lisa

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

We do apologize for the inconvenience. Please know that we are looking into this and I will make a general post as soon as I have more information to share with you.

Thanks,

Lisa
Lisa,

Really nothing to look into.

Sedo appears to have learned nothing from the premium .mobi auction a couple of years ago. Back then, there were only 100 names ending simultaneously at precisely the same time.

Today, how many was that number? Several hundred? Thousand?

All of this could have been avoided then and now if Sedo had listened to one simple solution - stagger the end times!

Problem solved.

S

SedoCoUk

Hello everyone,

Thank you for your continued patience. The .DE pre-auction will be extended as follows:

• Auctions for domains with three or more characters will end 3PM EST
  • Auctions for domains with two characters will end at 4PM EST
  • Auctions for one character domains will end at 5PM EST

If you have any questions please contact www.support.sedo.com.

Thanks,

Lisa

Domain Jedi

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Lisa, I am am looking for a Great Domains auction update.

My Sedo rep. hasn't been able to tell me anything.

What is the management of your company going to do about this mess??

BY THE WAY: THIS THREAD IS ABOUT THE GREAT DOMAINS AUCTION NOT THE .DE AUCTION!!!

Domain Jedi

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This is a testament to Sedo’s greed. Yeah, let’s focus on the .DE cash cow domains versus make things right with our Great Domains sellers not to mention the bidders that missed out the last 10-15 minutes.

I still haven't heard from my rep., Lisa here on the forum etc.

:angry:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom