Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

SEDO Going Back to its old ways

Status
Not open for further replies.

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Recently Purchased a few domains on SEDO, funds have been sent to seller. Domain Whois are that of SEDO now, and despite numerous requests SEDO have failed to push the domains and failed to respond.. Going on 3 weeks now, really starting to piss me off. Either Push the domains or refund the money.... Surely it could not be more easier than that.

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You know, I sold an xx,xxx name at sedo about two months ago...I transferred the name to sedo in about 2 days (as the seller paid them right away)...Sedo got me my money within about a week...pretty good...

I kept trying to see who the buyer was through the whois...it went well over 25 days in sedo's account before the PUSH....not a transfer....to the new owner. It's funny, for a while I thought sedo bought the name from me.

I do not know what is going on there, but to wait 25 days for an instant push? It's really bad. The thing that made no sense to me is that my parked pages were on there the whole time and I was still receiving ppc...so I think it is just really really bad service and poor management, because they were not gaining any ppc income.

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think SEDO really do have a staffing problem. Ah well at the end of the day its there loss as I am moving all the premium 3L domains we own out of there. I can be bothered with them... I thought I would give them a chance and every time they just do dissapoint. What's worse is that the SEDO Sellers have just lost a good constant buyer.

S

SedoCoUk

Hi Namestrands - if you PM me the names I will see if I can expedite this for you.

Onward - I don't know the specifics of your case but once we have control of the domain we will ask the buyer to initiate a transfer request to his chosen registrar. Sometimes they won't do this right away so it will sit in our account for awhile - We ask a buyer to initiate a transfer immediately once we have the domain.

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Not that I am not grateful for your assistance to expedite transfers, this really should not have to happen, all I needed was a response from the Transfer Agent who clearly is not doing their job and as a result of this I have removed all the domains from my account at SEDO. I just dont understand why its so difficult to get things right.

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi Namestrands - if you PM me the names I will see if I can expedite this for you.

Onward - I don't know the specifics of your case but once we have control of the domain we will ask the buyer to initiate a transfer request to his chosen registrar. Sometimes they won't do this right away so it will sit in our account for awhile - We ask a buyer to initiate a transfer immediately once we have the domain.

Just as a clarification....the name was PUSHED...not transferred.

It is now with the new owner at the same registrar as I had. I pushed the name to sedo's account at this registrar (2 days after confirmation of sale)...it took a few seconds to happen once the PUSH occurred.

It took over 25 days for the PUSH to occur to the new owners account from Sedo's account.

S

SedoCoUk

Hi Onward,

As I don't know the domain, I can't tell what happened for sure. However what may well have happened is that we asked the buyer to initiate a transfer request. If they do not do so after several requests we will move it to a new account at the current registrar and provide them with the login details

Best,

Tom

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Tom,

Would it make more sense for Sedo's customer service to answer to and to respond to emails in a timely manner rather than post our complaints on a public forum?

Two weeks ago I emailed Sedo regarding one of my domain names. Traffic and PPC and CTR suddenly stopped. When I checked the domain name everything appeared fine on the landing page.

Yet not a single link worked. I immediately notified Sedo to please fix this problem.

I have yet to receive a response from anyone at Sedo. For four days, this domain name did nothing. And it was my historically second highest paying and my number one traffic domain that I have had at Sedo for more than 2 years.

It will do no good to post this name here or PM you the domain name so you can look into it as it has been taken off Sedo and moved somewhere else.

The reality to all of this is it is a shame to have to air concerns on a public forum rather than a firm like Sedo do what it should be doing to begin with...basic customer service.

If Sedo needs more customer service personnel, there is a solution to that also.

I have had countless domain names sold or go to auction on Sedo this year. 80% of them have gone unpaid. Now, I am just one domain holder. If I don't get paid then Sedo does not get their cut. It's that simple.

It is also that simple on how to fix this issue. Have a real buyer certification process. Since the beginning of Sedo's Auction service, I have been complaining about this entire farce of a buyer certification. If I am but one domainer who has sold $20,000.00 unpaid for and there are an additional 100 like me, that is $200,000.00 on lost commission.

I would suspect the reality is that figure goes well into the millions. So how is it Sedo can continue to write off such a loss? Sedo on paper may be profitable. But the reality is it can be more profitable.

That is what does not make sense to me. Why settle for a substandard and out of date system or modality that is of no benefit to Sedo or to it's customers. And when I mean customers, I am talking about the domain holders, sellers, and those parking. Does Sedo make a penny off a buyer? No.

I mean, what does this Sedo policy really say?

In the continued effort to maintain a successful and secure marketplace, we ask that all buyers certify their accounts before making an offer. This improved protection benefits all members of the Sedo marketplace and shortens the transaction process.

Please note: Sedo’s Buyer Certification program does not guarantee that a buyer will perform their obligations when agreeing to purchase a domain name.

There is no guarantee in anything. But to have a system where no system is in place to prevent fraud of bogus bidding is absurd. A verified credit card on file would go a long way to alert many bogus bidders to stay away. For the truly verified bidders, they will have an option in the end to pay for the domain, but in the mean time something (like say 10%) of the auction's or sale's final price is being billed to this card. That amount will be returned or credit to the buyers should they choose an alternative payment. But failure to complete the sale will result in the forfeiture of the 10% deposit.

But for me, I would really rather have the money for the sale, would be glad to give the commission, and continue on with business as usual.

Why is that such a difficult concept to grasp in this or any other business?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
This end of year looks like it will be the worst in the last 3 years from dwindling PPC.

domainah

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Gabriel your post was deleted? WOW..I heard some mods get bonuses on their parking from Sedo for just being a mod here..but that really should not interfere with what can be said here if things are true..if this was deleted because of that thats bad...

Dr Nump

Call me Doc !
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
your post was deleted? WOW..I heard some mods get bonuses on their parking from Sedo for just being a mod here..but that really should not interfere with what can be said here if things are true..if this was deleted because of that thats bad...

guess when this post itself got deleted ?

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
your post was deleted? WOW..I heard some mods get bonuses on their parking from Sedo for just being a mod here..but that really should not interfere with what can be said here if things are true..if this was deleted because of that thats bad...

lol

wonder who's spreading that rumor

DomainingCom

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Have to wait several weeks to get the domain you purchased is a classic at SEDO.
And more when you are using Moniker as a registrar!
It's often a nightmare, I already asked if it was possible that both companies do some sort of deal to accelerate such transfers.
But with no luck.

S

SedoCoUk

Gabriel,

I gather this is the issue - You purchased a domain and then realized that the traffic was not what the previous owner claimed it was? I sympathize with you, however you were not buying the domain from Sedo, so we did not "rob" you. Sedo is a marketplace and platform for buyers and sellers. It is a buyer's responsibility to carry out due diligence before they agree to purchase a domain. The reason that your post was deleted was the fact you made slanderous comments and false accusations which question the integrity of individuals who work for Sedo. It is both inaccurate and inflammatory and does not assist us with keeping an open dialog for discussion and feedback between Sedo and our customers.

Doc Com - I am going to send you a PM and invite you to call me as I appreciate the comments that you have made.

Best,

Tom

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Doc Com - I am going to send you a PM and invite you to call me as I appreciate the comments that you have made.

Best,

Tom
Tom,

Thanks for the PM! Glad to see that Sedo may be taking this matter (buyer certification/delays) seriously. No one, Sedo or we domainers, are gaining or winning anything with the current system in place.

PM returned.

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Update, One domain transferred. therefore I filed a dispute with Paypal for the other as apparently the seller has failed to send in the appropriate papers and no further response from SEDO.

Sedo cancels the transactions stating that I charged back the funds (bear in mind that I only filed a paypal dispute in order to get some actionable response from SEDO)

Get a second email telling me that SEDO will be returning the funds I paid for the domain and then ends with "We hope you will continue to use our services and we look forward to working with you in the future."

Now the icing on the cake is that SEDO revokes my buyer certification!!

A 100+ Trader here without a single issue, so tell me who loses out on this one, I have in the past few weeks spent $xx,xxx's on domains at Sedo... and have thousands in outstanding bids.

I can only apologise to all you sellers out there as this buyer is out of the SEDO marketplace.

You would think I would have learned my lesson by now. :p, I guess I hold out for some illusion that one day SEDO will change.

Well all I can say is best of luck to them.

FuseFX

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Gabriel
Do you have a proof about this "scamming" you had to suffer?

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Sedo cancels the transactions stating that I charged back the funds (bear in mind that I only filed a paypal dispute in order to get some actionable response from SEDO)

A dispute is just that, I would be interested to know what reason you selected at Paypal when you filed the dispute?

I'm sorry to say, I think you took the wrong course here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom