Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Sedo helping SCAMMERS to obtain revenue!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabriel

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This is my history:
I recently bougth a domain name listed on Sedo.
The domain was first in the list of "most visited domains" with more than 5,000 visits per day, After paying for the domain thru Sedo I can see that the domain has less than 100 real visitors/day and the other visits were unreal, from a software tracking system, those used for bittorrent, then I contacted to Sedo telling it was a SCAM and please don't pay to the seller and refund my money.
After 2 weeks and some emails I have received the notice they can do nothing and they are not responsible for the stats and they will pay to the seller.
WHAT!!!??!!
Just to win 120 US$ of comission they do that damage to an honest person, I can't understand how Sedo can HELP SCAMMERS just to obtain revenue.
The domain was in the top of the list of the most visited domain. Why Sedo doesn't check that little list to see if the traffic is real? Why, because they win a comission from those SCAMS!.
I need some comments about how can I figth against Sedo to refund my money, as I can see, Sedo is the SCAMMER here.
Also, I suggest do not use Sedo for escrow. Why I did'nt use Escrow.com!!!??
By the way, the person in charge was some Lucas *****, who, I am sure, is winning something with this SCAM, because it's not understable this resolution.
Suggestions please, suggestions!

Equalizer

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
That's a bunch of baloney.
You need to talk to somebody higher-up.
Sedo needs to stop being a center for scammers..
email [email protected] their USA Director.
I am sure they will make you whole.
Keep us up to date.

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
95% of the top 100 traffic domains in Sedo listings is scam/not real traffic. The only true stats are @ Domainsponsor.

peekaboo

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
as they get bigger, sedo is getting worse and worse. they r now just a place for newbies. nothing but a second useless domain ebay. and as they continue ignoring their own customers & avoid their legal responsibilities (wtf, they r not responsible?? ) i just wish somebody takes them 2 court one day.

u should move this to 'legal section'.

S

SedoCoUk

Hello gpinchev,

I know the domain you are referring to and I spoke to Antonio who is in charge of Spanish Language accounts and domains. I'll send you pm with more details.

Jay
[email protected]

Gabriel

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Seems to be this is going to be resolved after emailing [email protected].
Really thanks for your hint Equalizer.
By the way, why a little problem like this, so easy to resolve, can be converted in a problem so big!? This happens when the solution is in the hands of an employee that has nothing to lose and low inteligence. I think that happened this time. Then we must bother to persons in high positions to get help.
This kind of problems must be checked well by the people of Sedo, to avoid it happens again.

Equalizer

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
No problem, Jay is also a reasonable guy providing you have a " good claim".
Buyer ask questions ! (bfore jumping... yes is OK to ask sedo for info or detail)
there is to many "domains for sale " out there to be policed in an individual basis , scamms are happening everywhere (forums , brokerage houses, auction houses etc etc) .
Good Luck.

Gabriel

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Anyway, domains in the "High Traffic" list are only some few and deserves a second review from Sedo.

peekaboo

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
gpinchev said:
This happens when the solution is in the hands of an employee that has nothing to lose and low inteligence. I think that happened this time. Then we must bother to persons in high positions to get help.

it is actually intentional, not only with sedo, but also with every big company. 'low intelligence' employees are the standard first line of defense against customer satisfaction. only if u complain to the high enough person and/or expose them publicly u might expect them 2 listen 2u and make an exception in your case. but rest assured, this problem is very likely not to be solved 4 future. in other words this will probably happen again tomorrow to others who will also be treated with the same 'not our problem' attitude. it's a perpetual battle that is designed 2 weed out tired and weary.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
one should never buy a domain from sedo based on the traffic stats they provide. imo

unless you see revenue stats as well

WeBuyThe.Com

WE BUY DOMAINS
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What about all the people out there that are redirecting multiple domains to one name to increase stats? Here's one to stay away from http://www.nationalweatherservice.com at sedo is redirecting to nationalweather.com just look at those stats!!

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't want to defend sedo and I never have but...

You bought a domain with 5000+ uniques per day for $1200?
This is like hitting the jackpot. It is like 10 days of revenue.

Did you think at any time that there might was something wrong with the traffic stats? Be honest here.

TurNIC.com

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I had get burned with the same scam when I first worked with SEDO years ago. This problem can be solved easily. The only thing that SEDO needs to do is to put a buffer time after the name passes new owner and pay seller's money after this buffer period in case the new owner agrees. Just think about this and invent a formula SEDO! Otherwise your reputation is getting weaker and weaker.

Equalizer

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
biggedon said:
one should never buy a domain from sedo based on the traffic stats they provide. imo

unless you see revenue stats as well

Exactly.
Do your homework.
Ask questions.
any seasoned domainer knows this...
This is not 2003... good names get good money
If the price doesn't correspond with the stats " Red Flag"
If it looks to good to be true...

Gabriel

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My money has been refunded yesterday.
Thanks for your tips and also thanks to the people of Sedo for solving this case.

Try-Searching.com

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
denny007 said:
95% of the top 100 traffic domains in Sedo listings is scam/not real traffic. The only true stats are @ Domainsponsor.

Hats off to Denny, Sedo parking stats are BS and they count image request as visitors and they get people to bid high prices for domains knowning their stats are wrong, I have had conversations with JAY about this and they refuse to do anything about it,

Take them to court, Sedo is the scam, not just helping scammers, they are hurting domainers and hopefully it stops someday soon.

S

SedoCoUk

Try-Searching.com said:
they count image request as visitors and they get people to bid high prices for domains knowning their stats are wrong, I have had conversations with JAY about this and they refuse to do anything about it,

Try-searching,

I'm afraid I couldn't find any recent pms from you about this. If you emailed me about this please let me know when. We stopped counting image requests and other worthless file requests some time ago. If you have an example of a domain where we are counting images please pm or email me and let me know so that I can speak to our tech team about it.

Jay
[email protected]

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Jay you are wrong about this.
I have a few domains like this.

maxo

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have been monitoring Sedo statistics and have to say it is pretty accurate. I have compared the raw logs using different software: Clicktracks and Webtrends Analytics and have not noticed any major difference.

As for the transaction gpinchev was talking about, it is really sad to hear your story and am glad that it has been successfully resolved, but Sedo does state in terms and conditions that they can not guarantee the traffic, as far as it is sometimes pretty difficult to find out if it is legal or not. I am sure Sedo is monitoring the traffic and filtering any illegal activities.

Try-Searching.com,

I do not have anything against you, but I can not agree with your statement regarding Sedo being scam. The company which is industry leader is a professional company and I doubt they have any interest in allowing fraudulent transactions.

You have all heard about Google Adsense and recently they have banned thousands of accounts for the lifetime. I do know many publishers who state that they have not actually violated their TOS themselves (but were a victim of fraud clicks), but even though they have not received any detailed information why they have been banned. Do you want to say Google is Scam as well, because they took the money of the publishers?

I do not want to run in any kind of flame, I just want to say that stating that kind of thing about Sedo is not logical at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom