Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Sedo helping SCAMMERS to obtain revenue!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Equalizer

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Try-Searching.com said:
Hats off to Denny, Sedo parking stats are BS and they count image request as visitors and they get people to bid high prices for domains knowning their stats are wrong, I have had conversations with JAY about this and they refuse to do anything about it,

Take them to court, Sedo is the scam, not just helping scammers, they are hurting domainers and hopefully it stops someday soon.
Walk the walk...
Show some examples.

Keynes

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
maxo said:
I am sure Sedo is monitoring the traffic and filtering any illegal activities.

Yes, they are certainly doing some, but a lot more needs to be done. Fake traffic, which is against the TOS, should be filtered and the owners should be suspended/banned. This is important not only for PPC, but the resale market as well, as pointed out above.

maxo

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
rocketfly said:
Yes, they are certainly doing some, but a lot more needs to be done. Fake traffic, which is against the TOS, should be filtered and the owners should be suspended/banned. This is important not only for PPC, but the resale market as well, as pointed out above.

Do you think Sedo is not actively monitoring traffic? I am sure they are tracking everything down and suspending the owners, but it is not that easy as one can say.

Keynes

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
maxo said:
Do you think Sedo is not actively monitoring traffic? I am sure they are tracking everything down and suspending the owners, but it is not that easy as one can say.

Certainly they are monitoring, but not as closely as they perhaps should -- if this were the case, we wouldn't have as much fradulent traffic showing up in the domains for sale.

Gabriel

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi, I have a new issue that would like to share with you, but first I would like to know: How much of you have sold a domain thru Sedo, transfered and received the payment, ALL THE SAME DAY???

Ridge

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
gpinchev said:
This happens when the solution is in the hands of an employee that has nothing to lose and low inteligence. I think that happened this time. Then we must bother to persons in high positions to get help.

This is just another example of the VAST amount of Incompetence in the working world now a days. If I go 1 day without encountering someone’s Incompetence in their job I will mark it on the calendar.

ParkQuick.com

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think it's usually a much slower process than that. Have you seen it happen that fast? I'd be suspicious that it was a Sedo staffer buying the domain (which is not necessarily a bad thing).

gpinchev said:
Hi, I have a new issue that would like to share with you, but first I would like to know: How much of you have sold a domain thru Sedo, transfered and received the payment, ALL THE SAME DAY???

Gabriel

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am going to start a new post about what I think.
Sedo has some corrupted employees, involved in a dirty business.

They post, in junction with others, domains with fake traffic, and when somebody buy one of these domains, they make the process really fast, one day as I told in my last post. Could you imaging that, ONE DAY and all is done, also the payment to the seller, even when the buyer doesn´t have the domain name in his/her account.

That´s more than suspicious, that´s a proof of what I say, there is a mafia there, involved in this kind of scams.

S

SedoCoUk

Dear Gpinchev,

I feel I must clear up a few points. Sedo does not own any domain for sale in our database. For the domains which are parked with us, we can provide statistics which are very accurate. However, with such a large amount of domains listed for sale and parked with us, sometimes domains with unnatural traffic are listed for sale on our site.

In several places on our website, we make it clear that it is the responsibility of the buyer to research the traffic. The seller of the domain you are referring to now told you the domain had over 20,000 unique visitors in one week and sold the domain to you for less than $1,000 USD. This is typically a tell-tale sign that either the domain has fake traffic or the seller is lying about the traffic. At no point in the bid thread did you ask for proof of the statistics, nor did Sedo receive an email for any of our staff to research the traffic. Had we received this request, we would have been more than happy to look into it for you.

You reached an agreement with the seller on 22 April 2006. The transfer was completed 26 April 2006. This is, admittedly, a fast transfer. However, the funds were received and the domain was unlocked exceptionally fast, which allowed our transfer team to act quickly. Typically, what makes a transfer take longer is waiting for the payment to come in or waiting for the domain to be unlocked so that it can be transfered. In your case, this was not a problem at all.

This is an unfortunate circumstance, but it is circumstances such as these that you will have to look out for, as this is not the first time this has happened to you. However, once we pay the seller and the domain is transferred to the buyer, we cannot do anything after that point. It is similar to buying a house -- the buyer must ask questions before agreeing, or the possibility is there that the buyer will end up with something they did not expect.

As a result of this scenario, Sedo will not allow the seller of the domain in question to sell future domains on our marketplace. This is at the request of Sedo's Spanish language department. I can assure you that none of Sedo's employees are involved in helping scammers in any way and are happy to help any client, especially when approached in a non-combative way.

Brad
[email protected]

gpinchev said:
I am going to start a new post about what I think.
Sedo has some corrupted employees, involved in a dirty business.

They post, in junction with others, domains with fake traffic, and when somebody buy one of these domains, they make the process really fast, one day as I told in my last post. Could you imaging that, ONE DAY and all is done, also the payment to the seller, even when the buyer doesn´t have the domain name in his/her account.

That´s more than suspicious, that´s a proof of what I say, there is a mafia there, involved in this kind of scams.

Equalizer

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hogwash ! :
1) This taken directly from sedo.com site seems to contradict your words:

Why shouldn’t I just contact the domain’s owner directly?

Convenience: .... In addition, Sedo provides you with the information you need to make an informed purchase decision, such as asking price and <<<< traffic>>>.
"conducting the negotiations easy and fun. "

2)Sedo.com would not guarantee (nor will confirm) the legitimacy of any traffic stats nor at sedo.con nor for users/sellers of the sedotracker.com system.
How exactly sedo.com feels it earns the commision/fees it diligently charges ?
Hilarious !
Buyers beware ! at sedo.com
they basically "wash their hands" (except when collecting their 10 %)

Gabriel

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Brad, the facts that you post are wrong. The dates of that transaction that you mention are not correct. I suppose the people who managed this is telling you those dates to hide their scam.

At this time I am fine because I have earned some money these days, but anyway I will post the facts to warn others and will not stop until my refund.

I bougth that domain name on saturday 22/april. the same day I emailed to two addresses: [email protected] and lucas.*****@sedo.com telling that I was buying a name and confirm the nature of the traffic. It was on saturday. Nobody responsed, only in monday telling that the seller was already paid by Sedo and nothing to do. "WHAT??? I not even have the domain with me??" I told. Then responsed me me: "It is because the seller transfered the domain name to our Sedo account". "WHAT?????".

Is that suspicious or not??? Just tell me, is that suspicious or not???

I have also been warned that my Sedo account was going to be deleted because of my emails. The worse message that I sent was: "Don´t tell me those stupid answers, it is not possible that you paid to the seller in less than one business day and after my warning and if even the domain is not transfered to me".

HERE THERE IS A SCAM, A REAL SCAM. Sedo doesn´t own the domains, there are some employees inside Sedo that own these fraudulent domains and make money with them. BE WARNED ALL OF YOU.

Also, I have buyed two domains with more than 30,000 real visitors/month and sold for the real price. Also, why you don´t give to the buyers at least one day to proof the traffic???? Because it is not convinience for the scammers inside Sedo.

RaGa

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What a business ! We buy domains and sedo milks it using ad networks. For domains parked on sedo, sedo does not provide any ip audit to verify the click throughs.

What if the actual click throughs are 10 times more than what we are shown and paid for ? This way sedo earns 10 times more from ad networks and pays us 1/10 the money.

I just do not trust the parking statistics shown at sedo.

Equalizer

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Beware of this one:
hispastats.com 60,000 calls to an old counter are shown by sedo.com as views.
Buyers beware. (you won't be refunded)

Gabriel

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Who can tell me that this is not a fact?:
"The Sedo&#180;s High Traffic list is 90% SCAM".

Look what told me Brad@Sedo and tell me what you think:
"The buyer told you he had 27,999 unique visitors in one week, which was actually true. What he failed to mention was that all those visitors were redirected to his parked page." (He mention, the buyer, but it&#180;s "the seller")

At this time I am talking about another domain name 100st***.com and at this time I am openning a case with Paypal to refund my money, because I paid for that domain name, but it&#180;s still with Sedo, not in my account. Can you beleive that I bought that domain and sent two email warnings the same day about the traffic but those warning were ignored, and they paid to the seller (and won their SCAM comission), even when the domain name was not in my account.
I am going to open a new thread explainning this, but I have not done it yet because I was selling a good domain and my attention were in that.
I can understand now how Sedo works, full scam and full intentional mistakes, and the winner is ...only Sedo.

domainah

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
gpinchev said:
Who can tell me that this is not a fact?:
"The Sedo´s High Traffic list is 90% SCAM".

Look what told me Brad@Sedo and tell me what you think:
"The buyer told you he had 27,999 unique visitors in one week, which was actually true. What he failed to mention was that all those visitors were redirected to his parked page." (He mention, the buyer, but it´s "the seller")

At this time I am talking about another domain name 100st***.com and at this time I am openning a case with Paypal to refund my money, because I paid for that domain name, but it´s still with Sedo, not in my account. Can you beleive that I bought that domain and sent two email warnings the same day about the traffic but those warning were ignored, and they paid to the seller (and won their SCAM comission), even when the domain name was not in my account.
I am going to open a new thread explainning this, but I have not done it yet because I was selling a good domain and my attention were in that.
I can understand now how Sedo works, full scam and full intentional mistakes, and the winner is ...only Sedo.

What ever happened to personal responsibility? If you bought a domain that has 5000 hits a day for 1K, you were either trying to pull a quick one on someone yourself, or you are not very knowledgable when it comes to domains, I think you are more ticked off about the fact that you were looking to hit the jackpot but didn't...I am not trying to defend Sedo, since I think they should discontinue that highy traffic list as well, but I think allegations of fraud or something along those lines are uncalled for and unprofessional for a serious domainer,I believe you get a lot further with a real suggestion rather than insulting and accusing people of all sorts of things...

saatmarket

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Life is hard without risk. You know before you buy a domain you gotto be very very carefull. Sedo plays always 2 faced. You can be sure they tell the domain owner like he is not paying you and throw it. Same negativ behaviour. I have some terrible experince with sedo. They really stolen search engine sourced about 1000 euro profit. They know what they do really. And i am still knowin that they are that much ugly boys. god sake there are many other nice parking companies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom