Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

SEDO ignored request from my lawyer

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbobm

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The current owner of the domain may have recently bought it and the prior owner was the one who had it listed it for sale at sedo or afternic for $200. This happens alot if you do not park with sedo

jberryhill

Philadelphia Lawyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You are welcome to yoru own views / opinion of the matter.

You appear to have confused "asking a question" with stating an opinion.

If the individual listed it on other sites for $200, then it was not likely a mistake.

But you seem to have other claims available.

namesdencom

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Does this clause taken from the SEDO contract mean anything to anyone here

5.1.1.5. Fixed Price and Minimum Offer ListingsIf the Seller states a fixed selling price, then a binding offer for the conclusion of an agreement for the stated sales price lies in the listing of the Domain and is binding until the Domain listing in the Seller's user account has been changed and the change has been reflected on the Domain Marketplace. The sales price is considered to be the end price for the Buyer including any applicable taxes.

If the Seller does not state a fixed sales price, the Domain listing serves as an invitation for other Users to submit an offer for the purchase and sale of the Domain that is the subject of the Domain listing.

We bid on a FIXED PRICE which according to the SEDO contract IS binding

Maybe I'm missing something here.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
If a product is wrongly priced in a store, the store is under no obligation to sell the item to you at the lower price. So I'm told...

Here in California, If a item is marked a certain price on the shelf and is higher when you check out, the store is obligated to sell it for the shelf price. Not doing so violates the States consumer law.

jberryhill

Philadelphia Lawyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

No, you're not missing a thing. An exception would be a bona fide mistake, which for reasons you point out above is not likely.

Perhaps the only other thing you are missing is that SEDO has no way to actually enforce deals made through SEDO. They just collect commissions. If something gets "messy", they move on.

Salient

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ok, so whats the domain name? If I knew that, I would give you my opinion...

namesdencom

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I just rechecked my account

desired price $200
your offer $200

sellers counter offer $50,000

Now it seems pretty clear that you should not be able to counter a full price offer in the amount of your desired offer.

To date nothing has been done and this user continues to have their name listed on SEDO

What I am saying to fellow domainers is do what you will but go forth knowing that from my experience doing business on SEDO does not seem to be an effective method to obtain domain names.

If SEDO changes their position on this matter I will likely change my position as to whther to consider them as a legitimate source for acquiring domain names. AS of now I do not consider them to be a reliable domain name acquisition source for obvious reasons.

tinner666

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This is NO case of mispriced item. In fact the owner changed the price alright but not to the $50,000 that they claimed they wanted and therefore obviously knew. Insted they now have it listed as make offer.

Honest mistake? You decide!

Offer him $30.00 :cool:

Wot

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just rechecked my account

desired price $200
your offer $200

sellers counter offer $50,000

Now it seems pretty clear that you should not be able to counter a full price offer in the amount of your desired offer.

I to have had this happen on a number of occasions, most recently on a .info, I believe on Afternic it is enforced but Sedo do not- "desired price" is not seen as "fixed price"? , they do not even respond to complaints.

What's new. :rolleyes:

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I had that happen a few times where I bid the DESIRED PRICE but have been told by Sedo the desired price is not a BIN price and seller is not obligated to sell at the desired price and it means that is only a desired price where the offers can start at or a minimum desired price but not a final desired price.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Dave, you're correct.

On top of that, Sedo allows for deceptive copy to be used in the description of the domain's offer page. Someone listed a bunch of domains with a $60 price tag next to them. He made it sound as if it's the selling price; it's the base price to send the names to auction.

Domagon

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
...5.1.1.5. Fixed Price and Minimum Offer ListingsIf the Seller states a fixed selling price, then a binding offer for the conclusion of an agreement for the stated sales price lies in the listing of the Domain and is binding until the Domain listing in the Seller's user account has been changed and the change has been reflected on the Domain Marketplace. The sales price is considered to be the end price for the Buyer including any applicable taxes...

Sedo is only a venue; place to advertise much like the classifieds in the newspaper or craigslist ... with the contract of sale between buyer and seller only.

That's why Sedo, and similar is true for Afternic and also Ebay, legally does nothing when sales go bad ... about the most they do, and not even always, is suspend / cancel one's account.

Some buyers / sellers take advantage of Sedo's lack of enforcement ability - they'll make contact with others there, but then do their sales privately to save the commission.

On a related topic of Sedo auctions ... last I checked, Sedo is not a licensed auctioneer in most jurisdictions, if any.

Sedo is sketchy all around - it's fine for promoting one's domains for sale / seeking out domains to buy, but to rely on Sedo for completing the sale is folly.

Ron

mediawizard

MediaWizard
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm given to understand that one is allowed to counter a offer of 'asking price' and that 'asking price' is not binding and not a sale price.

Unlike Afternic and TDNAM where fixed price is price the domain is sold at, this doesn't hold true for Sedo at all.

That is why you come across incidences of 135+ offers on a LLL.com marked at '$500' asking price.

MacyT.

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
My guess, The person found out who we were and figured thay could get more from us.

If he was earning money off ads from YOUR trademark, why are you even bothering with trying to purchase it? This is trademark infringement and not only owes you the domain, but probably owes you his profits too.

Keyboard Cowboy

Positioning / Publishing
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If he was earning money off ads from YOUR trademark, why are you even bothering with trying to purchase it? This is trademark infringement and not only owes you the domain, but probably owes you his profits too.

That is exactly what I was thinking. Why do you even bother reasoning with him?

Does the name have privacy on it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom