Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Sedo parked page showing up

Status
Not open for further replies.

domainnamesdaily

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I had one of my domain names parked at sedo about a year ago. I then moved it to another parking company. I am now getting ready to develop the domain name. and the last 2 days when I tried to log into my cpanel account a sedo parked page came up.

Why does this still happen after a year, and is there any way to prevent it from happening? Once I get my site up and running, I don't want visitors to ever see the sedo parked page.

Thanks for any info,

Jeff

PapaStiz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
First.

Check that you still own the domain and that it has not dropped and someone else actually has it and is resolving it sedo. Just do a simple whois on it and that will be fine.

Second.

Check the nameservers. Sedo's nameservers are:
ns1.sedoparking.com
ns2.sedoparking.com

If those are there, then remove them and add your own nameservers.

Third.

If the domain name is on the default nameservers of your host or domain provider, make sure you are not doing a url forward. IE. URL forward: www.sedo.com/yourdomain.com

Hope this helps.

Regards

Oh yeah -- remember it can take all the way up to 48 hours for DNS to resolve properly.

These days it happens very quickly (1 hour or so). However...it can take longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom