Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Sedo payment cant get through PayPal because my cc doesnt allow to send that amount

Status
Not open for further replies.

Makis77

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I won an auction in Sedo that was priced for $5000+
Before bidding i knew that i had a positive credit card limit and i also knew that my daily transfer for an electronic payment was about $9000 so i went ahead and bid safe and sound.

After winning this auction i went to pay through Sedo's suggested option; PayPal.
I have linked my credit card with PayPal and have used it many times in Sedo auctions, biggest amount that i sent was $2200 without having any problem.

Only this time i got a message from PayPal saying that my credit card doesnt permit this transfer, so i called my credit card rep's here in Athens.
They reviewed my issue and called me back to tell me that even though i have valid credit card limit and $9000 electronic transfer per day i couldnt send a payment more than $3000 at once for safety reasons. I told them to open the limit just once for this transaction but i was denied, finally they suggested me to split the amount in 2.

After this i emailed Sedo(4 times to get 2 replies) about sending payment in 2 parts(doses) but they said this cant be done.

So now i m tied up and i cant get send payment and grab the domain i won and at the same time i have the seller waiting for his money.

Do you have any ideas to help me get out this Greek CC policy madness???

Mr. Pim

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Why not pay by wire transfer?

Makis77

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I dont have that amount in cash.
I thinking of getting the amount from my cc to my bank account(that belongs to the same brand of the cc) and then transfer them in wire to sedo.
But these will increase the interest and will make me pay the amount in 12 months.

So damn complicated!

Johnn

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you don't have available cash then your only option is to withdraw from your cc (cash advance - providing you did not hit the cash advance limit) and deposit into your checking - then wire the funds.

Makis77

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes, thats my only option but with interest hitting 18% and the obligation to pay that amount in 12 months(split money in 12 months) without having the right to pay it back at once if i want to.
My bank said that if i want to pay them all at once i must call them again and see if they can do it(probably i must pay an other fee there).
All these fees and interests made me get out of my plans.

On the other hand i never backed of from a sale so i guess thats what i will do, when i get one more email from sedo telling me if there is any other option to transfer money. I hope they can accept payment split it 2 doses.

PS: THANX FOR THE REPLIES :)

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Ah, the power of euro :D at 18% interest rate, the fees will be hefty. I am aware of the $3k cc limit with Sedo, in fact Escrow.com imposes a $5k cc limit as well. The best option is to call Sedo directly: New phone number is +1.617.499.7200

Makis, be careful with cc debt. It can be a wallet killer.

Makis77

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I alway was, jus t once got over my limits and was lucky to put it all up together fast enough.
I m not going to do the same mistake again.
I didnt plan to pay so much money for that auction even though i was after it for some time.
I ll talk with sedo and see what they can do.

Makis77

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I finally resolved this by sending two payments through paypal that covered the full amount(instead of one)

All this after short chat i had with sedo's rep on the phone.
:)

Now i can go and watch my fav bball team kick some ass :D

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Was this a credit card of a debit card?
I know credit cards usually don't have daily limits but debit cards always do.
I know you said credit card but just to be sure. And you can set credit cards to no limit.

Also what is the bank?

Sonny Banks

<span style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I finally resolved this by sending two payments through paypal that covered the full amount(instead of one)

All this after short chat i had with sedo's rep on the phone.
:)

Now i can go and watch my fav bball team kick some *** :D

I'm happy it's all good now :)

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This thread is over a year old

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom