Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Sedo - please finally CLEAN your database, now you are misleading GoDaddy customers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonyk2000

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well, a deal with GoDaddy to sell Sedo-listed domains first sound good....

But. Today GoDaddy backorder catched a domain for me. I listed it through GoDaddy premium listing and at is now supposed to be available through GoDaddy 1st page for instant purchase. No relations with Sedo so far...

But, when I checked the search at GoDaddy, to my surprise, I found that my new domain is "Available through GoDaddy auctions" instead, as it is was also listed at SEDO by previous owner who let it drop. Sedo.com domainsearch offers me the same my domain for "Buy Now" with a premium price set by previous owner. Sedo had 30 days of this domain redemption period and 5 days of pendingdelete to make an easy finding that this domain should no more be listed for sale! But this never happened.

So: SEDO made a mistake by sending to GoDaddy their whole "buy now" database, which is known to be outdated. Exactly the same story when we try to park new domains with Sedo and have to wait for the ownership verification due to internal system conflict. OK, while this may be acceptable for parking - SIMILAR CONFLICTS SHOULD NEVER HAPPEN WITH SALES THROUGH SUCH A POWERFUL CHANNEL AS GODADDY

And, GoDaddy made a huge mistake by accepting this SEDO outdated not-verified forsale database for advertising "forsale in their auctions".

Well, AFAIK Sedo has separate verifications for domains using SEDO MLS instant transfer protocol supported by limited number of registrars. Isn't it obvious that only these domains should have been sent to GoDaddy for distribution, or do I miss something?

Last edited:

ImageAuthors

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I won't say that I'm glad that somebody else has run into the same problem, because I share your frustration. But it does help confirm my sanity that other people are complaining.

Improvement is definitely needed on Sedo's part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom