Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Sedo: Please show the proof of fraud

Status
Not open for further replies.

DomainDealer

Professional Dealer
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello,

An audit of your traffic showed that it was not converting for our advertising partner's sponsors and per our agreement with them we could not accept it. A detailed examination of your traffic showed that it was not natural. Our parking program can only accept natural traffic. This is defined as type in or search engine query generated traffic. Traffic from paid sources, pop up or pop under software or any promotional source is not accepted.

Because it was not converting for our advertising partner's sponsors we have had no choice but to decline future traffic from your domains and withhold your parking revenue.

You may continue to list your domains for sale.

Please let me know if you have any other questions. I'll be happy to answer them.

Best regards,

Jay Finnan
Director of Customer Relations

I am under question and answer, from Sedo now. Sedo, claims I am fraud ... please show the proof of fraud !

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Here is a recent notice posted by SEDO

Hello Everyone,

As some of you know I'm responsible (In Part) for preventing parking fraud at Sedo. Unfortunately, because our inudstry is so lucrative, there are those who would drive everyone's abilty to make money through PPC programs into the ground for their own short term gain. To prevent that we have to make sure that the traffic we send to our advertising partner is natural and targeted traffic that will convert for their sponsors. Traffic that they will see value in and want to pay us all more for down the road.

To accomplish this we regularly audit traffic to filter out the bad apples I mentioned above. I'm writing this just to give everyone a warning that we'll be doing so again. If anyone here receives a warning or a enquiry about their traffic, over the next few days, that you have concerns about please email me or send me a pm and I'll gladly sort it out with you myself.

Jay Finnan
Sedo.com LLC
[email protected]

DomainDealer

Professional Dealer
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
They refused to send me my monthly earnings and stopped my account; with 110% false statement.

Zaphrod

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
How long before we start seeing a sedosucks website? Oh wait http://www.sedosucks.com/ is already registered....and by sedo itself. Smart. Head them off at the pass. :)

DomainDealer

Professional Dealer
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
No response from Sedo for pm or post !

DomainDealer

Professional Dealer
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
pm sent

namestrands said:
how many domains do you have at SEDO?

I have approx. 50 domains. The appearent reason why they closed my account is because ...

(1) The owner of the former domain is still promoting the domain ((( which I have no control over ))) :dead: ....... I am trying to find out the domain so I can pin the owner and tell him to stop (PM discussion). But, that still should not make them close my account and freeze all my revenue.

(2) They keep saying my traffic does not convert sales to there sponsors ???

I sent traffic to Sedo -> clicks -> no sales -> no pay ... I never heared of anything like this before :huh:. In the adult industry, that's how it works. The only way you make money is by making a sale. I am not a salesman; Sedo is the one who is suppose to convert the traffic to sales, not me ... since, I have no control where the traffic goes or where the visitor clicks. I only pick keywords, which will make me $$$. If, the Sedo individual/team does accept the keyword then how is that my problem ?

In other, words I will not get paid for the clicks unless I make a sale, a sale for what ? I don't know ? flowers ? books ? ice cream ? car ?

chungju4

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
DomainDealer said:
In other, words I will not get paid for the clicks unless I make a sale, a sale for what ? I don't know ? flowers ? books ? ice cream ? car ?

that is affiliates rather than ppc.

they won't be able to check which clicks lead to sales, unless the advertiser has paid for a tracking system and then disputes traffic months later with Google. normal cookie date is 30-90 days, so waiting can be as long as 3 months before you know if the traffic you paid for has converted.

i think what they are doing is getting rid of low quality traffic. your traffic must not meet the requirements, which could be a result of popunder, exit website or just spyware etc . Expired domains and link pop are also becoming suspect now. the quality of traffic coming from this type of traffic is often low.

u need natural type ins. then you wont experience any problems at sedo.

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Really not sure what SEDO elude to here. As sedo have no way of knowing what the conversion ratio is, as it gets its feeds from Google.

So this is either a case of DomainDealer Being mistaken or SEDO paying him lip service in order to brush it under the carpet.

Sedo should know what domains are generating popunder or invalid click traffic. Of course there are 2 sides to this story and it looks like Jay has opted not comment.. so we are going to have to draw our own conclusions on this one.

I would suggest that domaindealer move parking programs, especially to one that can better track the traffic.. if you PM me I will send you over my recommendations.

DomainDealer

Professional Dealer
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
On the whole your traffic was not turning into sales for our advertising partner's sponsors but particular domains stood out including:

xxxxx.com
xxxxxx.us
xxxxxxxx.biz

This is the quote from Sedo !

"that is affiliates rather than ppc."

chunju4 makes a good point here, I will comeback to this point again.

i think what they are doing is getting rid of low quality traffic. your traffic must not meet the requirements, which could be a result of popunder, exit website or just spyware etc . Expired domains and link pop are also becoming suspect now. the quality of traffic coming from this type of traffic is often low.

u need natural type ins. then you wont experience any problems at sedo.

If my traffic is bad or good ... I still should be paid for the click the visitor makes; Since, they claim to be a ppc. If Sedo, does not like my traffic because 99% is backlinks, etc. that's fine with me. But, why close my account and freeze my revenue ? It does not make sense if they are ppc and demand you to make sales ? I seriously never heared of anything like this ... :huh:

Really not sure what SEDO elude to here. As sedo have no way of knowing what the conversion ratio is, as it gets its feeds from Google.

I would definietly like Sedo to come on this board and explain this further to the community !

I would suggest that domaindealer move parking programs, especially to one that can better track the traffic..

I am looking around at the current moment, I will pm you when I need help ... thanks namestrands ! :)

Definitions :

PPC = pay per click will get revenue when a uniques visitor makes a click .. it does not specify what kind of click. If it's a click from a library in Florida, the amazon forest in Barzil, a teacher from Canada, the moon, or my next door neighbour ! But, according to Sedo I still have to make sales ? Or all clicks revenue will be frozen, close my account, and claim I am fraud.

Affiliate = Regardless of traffic or clicks ... must make sale to get money but there is no ppc.

Question for Sedo ... Are you a ppc or affiliate or what ?

S

SedoCoUk

I believe you when you say you didn't intend to send us promotional traffic but even if it was from the previous owner of the domains you are still responsible for that traffic. At the end of the day we have to show our traffic converts to sales for our advertiser's sponsors.

We definitely offer a PPC parking program. However, that doesn't mean we can accept any traffic or are held to a different standard. As I mentioned in our pms, in the end we can only accept traffic that will convert for our advertising partner's sponsors. If the traffic they're paying for doesn't turn into sales they will not pay for it. The more sponsors that lose money when using ppc adverting the less they will offer for traffic from parked domains in general.

I'm not obtuse to your concerns but we have a very large responsibility here to protect the interests of everyone upstream and downstream from us and in our pms I believe I clarified our position with regards to your traffic. If I'm wrong please pm or email me again.

Jay
[email protected]

DomainDealer

Professional Dealer
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
SedoCoUk said:
I believe you when you say you didn't intend to send us promotional traffic but even if it was from the previous owner of the domains you are still responsible for that traffic. At the end of the day we have to show our traffic converts to sales for our advertiser's sponsors.

Sedo, please show the proof of fraud ! In the pm you showed me domains that were not converting for your "ppc" program.

SedoCoUk said:
We definitely offer a PPC parking program. However, that doesn't mean we can accept any traffic or are held to a different standard. As I mentioned in our pms, in the end we can only accept traffic that will convert for our advertising partner's sponsors. If the traffic they're paying for doesn't turn into sales they will not pay for it. The more sponsors that lose money when using ppc adverting the less they will offer for traffic from parked domains in general.

So, in other words I am not going to get paid. Although, I was not warned that my traffic was not converting. I should have known. When, I login in the Sedo screen, I see my daily traffic / click / % / revenue not how many sales I made, I couldn't careless how many sales I made Since, I thought I was dealing with a Pay Per Click program. It's your sales dept. job to make sales and advertise not mine. You let me park the names for a full term and then when it comes to paying the revenue, Sedo jumps at the opportunity to let you know you will not be paid.

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You on their PPC program or new affiliate program? :huh:

DomainDealer

Professional Dealer
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
jdk said:
You on their PPC program or new affiliate program? :huh:

I am on there PPC program ? I don't even know they have an affiliate program. There argument is foggy ....

I signed under there "PPC = pay per click" ... they froze my revenue and account because they say my clicks did not generate :

(1) sales with there sponsors

I don't even know the sponsors ? That's why I am trying to explain to them I could careless what sales my traffic generate for them ... I am not the salesperson or advertiser here. It's there job to sell not mine, my job is to get traffic and clicks.

My job is to get the customer to the sponsor, if the customers doesn't want to buy sponsor's product ? Why should I be punished for that ? is that my fault ? If the customer does buy 1 or 50 of the sponsor's products, What do I care ? I am not getting any $$$ ... all I get is the click (s).

(2) fraud by allowing the original owner of the domain (s) to sent traffic to them.

Which, I absolutely have no control over and I asked them to post all the fraud I commited on this board to prove it. It seems like they are using (2) just as an excuse not to pay me.

Wot

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
namestrands said:
14 Previous WHOIS records.. looks like it passed through a few hands before getting to SEDO..

How about SEDOBlog.com :rolleyes:

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
DomainDealer said:
I don't even know they have an affiliate program.

Was a joke. :) They do not have one. It was regarding your previous post when you stated your site didn't convert any sales. You park your domain with them and earn a PPC. It is up to them to use the name and their sales skills to advertise and convert sales. If this is the reason your account was blocked I would request more information. Now if you were bringing in all sorts of traffic and getting near 100% CPM then I think they should be worrying. If you are not receiving that many clicks I am not sure what the situation may be.

I am sure if you contacted them via email or PM you would get the problem solved faster than posting on here. Of course if they are unwilling to help post away. :)

Zaphrod said:
How long before we start seeing a sedosucks website? Oh wait http://www.sedosucks.com/ is already registered....and by sedo itself. Smart. Head them off at the pass. :)

Only the .com. There are many other extensions available.

Try-Searching.com

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hello,

An audit of your traffic showed that it was not converting for our advertising partner's sponsors and per our agreement with them we could not accept it. A detailed examination of your traffic showed that it was not natural. Our parking program can only accept natural traffic. This is defined as type in or search engine query generated traffic. Traffic from paid sources, pop up or pop under software or any promotional source is not accepted.

Because it was not converting for our advertising partner's sponsors we have had no choice but to decline future traffic from your domains and withhold your parking revenue.

You may continue to list your domains for sale.

Please let me know if you have any other questions. I'll be happy to answer them.

Best regards,

Jay Finnan

I got one of these this month also, hmmm, well I believe sedo themselves are the ones committing the fraud and I am considering the possiblility of taking them to court, would anyone be interested in joining in a class action against them, I am sure sedo would love to spend weeks upon weeks preparing all their documentations for a court hearing.

DomainDealer said:
They refused to send me my monthly earnings and stopped my account; with 110% false statement.

I am so glad to learn of sedo's actions so quickly, I only had revenue worth a few hundred dollars a month going to them, my main portfolio goes to DS or to my own search engine, but it is clear to me that SEDO IS A FRAUD, and those of you that are using it and having no problems, you have my blessings and all my well wishes, but I will never trust them again, well just my two cents,

to everyone much success today in our domain world

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom