Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Sedo Sales - Offers?? Why Not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I get direct queries from ppl with obscure Russian names and Gmail accounts. When that happens I simply forward them the Sedo link to the make an offer page. Most of the lowballers are filtered out this way.

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Both sedo and afternic do a lot of sales, so it's worth listing on both sites. Afternic charges a flat annual fee to list as many names as you want, that might keep some of the crappy names out from sellers who aren't serious enough to pay an annual fee. Looks like Sedo is going to start a buyer verification process, to weed out the looky loos. Afternic charges buyers a $1 fee to keep the non-serious bidders out.

Perhaps your buyers checked for the name they wanted on both sedo and afternic, and they prefer the afternic system? As a seller I prefer the afternic system, management area, the whole format compared to sedo. Usually in the dnjournal weekly sales report sedo has more top sales than afternic, so you really have to list on both sites IMO.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Like many other things on the internet the top sales venues are a direct function of targeted traffic going to the websites, mostly uniques. I suspect (just a guess) Sedo is best with traffic (excluding places like BuyDomains who is likely #1 overall) so it only makes sense Sedo would rank ahead of Afternic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom