Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Sedo seller starts auction again while I have already won and paid for the domain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Varchar

ArcadeScript.Com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I won a domain on sedo's auction on 7/29/08 and have paid for it on 7/31/08. I just receive this letter from sedo today:

"You previously expressed interest in purchasing the domain xxxxxx.xxx through Sedo's marketplace. We would like to inform you that the seller is holding a public auction for the domain.
The auction is live and will end on Aug/xx/08 xx:xx PM EST.If you are still interested in xxxxxx.xxx this might be your last chance to purchase it before someone else! The reserve will be displayed on the auction page once it has been met. The domain will definitely sell once the reserve has been met and the auction closes."

What's the meaning of this? Don't I have a binding contract? What can I do to stop them from running another auction and sell me the domain? Should I contact the seller directly?

Thanks.

Regards,

Kawing

Stian

www.bitweb.no
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I won a domain on sedo's auction on 7/29/08 and have paid for it on 7/31/08. I just receive this letter from sedo today:

"You previously expressed interest in purchasing the domain xxxxxx.xxx through Sedo's marketplace. We would like to inform you that the seller is holding a public auction for the domain.
The auction is live and will end on Aug/xx/08 xx:xx PM EST.If you are still interested in xxxxxx.xxx this might be your last chance to purchase it before someone else! The reserve will be displayed on the auction page once it has been met. The domain will definitely sell once the reserve has been met and the auction closes."

What's the meaning of this? Don't I have a binding contract? What can I do to stop them from running another auction and sell me the domain? Should I contact the seller directly?

Thanks.

Regards,

Kawing

Call Sedo and explain the issue and it'll be taken care of. This is obviously a mistake. Good luck man. :)

Varchar

ArcadeScript.Com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes, I am waiting 'til 9:30 which their US office is open. The person who confirmed that I'd won the domain is Benjamin Falk and I have his contact number.

BELLC1

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Once, this happened when there have been shill bids by the seller. Ironically, the domain was dirty.org

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom