Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Sedo Stats

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeC21

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi guys apologies if this has already been asked. I did a quick search but couldn't see anything helpful.

Basically i'm just confused. A certain one of my domains is getting lots of "offers views" on Sedo but never any offers. By lots i mean in comparison with the uniques (actual site visits)

This domain gets pretty much no traffic as it is not built up and does not have a history with links into the site. It gets a few visits but nothing major.

So i'm just wondering:

1. Why it's getting so many offer views in the first place.
2. Why are there no offers despite so many views to the price page!

Some might say i've priced it too high but i have used a variety of options in the last few months including different fixed price points and "make me an offer" But no one has ever contacted me regarding the domain. Just seems strange to me.

Could it be a glitch? Is everyone just wanted a certain fixed price point?

If anyone could shed any light on this it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Joe :)

Johnn

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Without the name and asking price, no one can tell you why.
It's like asking:

I have a store open to sell something, I have a lot of people visit the store but no one is buying!

JoeC21

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sorry i was just trying to shy away from the "it's selling for this much" as i have had it with no price (make me an offer) in varying increments up to the hundreds.

The name is universitytalks.com, at the moment it is set to make me an offer but it always has steady incoming offer views with barely any traffic and no actual offers.

At the moment i don't mind too much as i have a few developing plans that are possible but it is just something that has confused me!

Thanks for your reply.

Johnn

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The misleading word is "offer view". There is no such thing is offer view (windows shopping?). Just either people visit to the name(site) or bot which does not mean anything.

JoeC21

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I was under the impression that an "offer view" was a visit to the sites sedo offer page that showed the price and details, meaning someone had purposely clicked on the page to see the price.

I could understand maybe if it was the "unique" field, which are the visits to the actual domain name. But the offer view page seems like a very specific place to be getting a steady flow of visits without much traffic or any offers.

Are my assumptions wrong here? I'm just a little confused.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
the "offers page" stats are just that...the number of visitors to that specific webpage where they can make an offer.

obviously some are more curious to see that page, than click on the links on the entry page

or it may just have to do with the "position" of the link on the entry page, that states "this domain may be for sale by it's owner".

it is situated on the upper right hand side, in a more visible position than being in the middle right or lower area of the page.

since you're getting views there, maybe setting a "price to move" may get you a sale.

maybe i'll check some of mine for "positioning" as well.

Good Luck!

JoeC21

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
That's an interesting suggestion! i see what you mean.

Since they have to visit the site to see that page i thought that would mean there would have to be more "uniques" than offer views. Or at least a similar amount. But that isn't the case, the "offer views" are far outnumbering the uniques to the site.

That to me suggests that lots of people are finding the domain on Sedo and looking at the offer page that way rather than going through the site.

The fact that people are on Sedo looking through domains and they keep finding mine amongst the millions of others as well as checking out the offer page but never offer anything confuses me even more.

As i said, the domain gets barely any visits, has no links from anywhere and i have not yet done any kind of marketing or anything with it. But it continues to just get offer views and not much else.

domainbartender

Your name server since 2008.
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The same thing is happening now to one of my domains. I found this thread whilst searching for possible reasons why :) Who knows, maybe it's just a glitch in the system?

I'll be developing it today, maybe it's a gem I shouldn't lose ;)

Last edited:

domainbartender

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Guess what, after I changed the nameservers, the offer views stopped going up!

JoeC21

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Guess what, after I changed the nameservers, the offer views stopped going up!

I'm glad it's not just me going mad then and there is actually an issue haha!

What do you think it is then? Sedo parking glitch of some sort?

domainbartender

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
That's what I'm thinking. Or it could be that a lot of people on Sedo are searching for domains with traffic, and they go direct to the offer page. I haven't received any offers though!

JoeC21

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Interesting! Thanks for that anyway! i've been searching and asking for a while now and so far you're the only person that has had the issue and has been able to make some sense of it.

I'll have to try some more experimenting and look into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom