Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Sedo steals..I mean withholds...earnings again

Status
Not open for further replies.

kodeking

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have a domain with hundreds of backlinks used for hosting and now sedo has withheld my earnings for a weeks worth of 1500 visits per day and hundreds of clicks. I would really like to know how they can tell if traffic is "from paid sources, pop up or pop under software or any promotional source". Let me know if you do.

Sedo is now on my "scammers" list, and should be on yours too!

Relationships

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Same here. They have withlhed my 400 Euros earned for May. I have contacted them to revue the situation.. I had a typo of eurovision.tv domain (eurovision song contest took place on May) and also a Star Wars related domain ( the Episode III came out on May) so traffic was "abnormal" for their system.. We'll see what happens...

Kase

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
That really sucks. Isn't there a guy from Sedo on this forum that should be replying to this thread? Maybe he can be of some help.

KwelX

The Godfather
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I too had my earnings withheld for May.

I was told first that is was due to traffic "from paid sources, pop up or pop under software or any promotional source".

Of course I had to send several emails explaining myself and explaining how for a yr i've been reg'ing ovt w/ ext names and building my portfolio.

Then they come back with an email saying that my traffic wasn't converting for their publishers and that's why my earnings were being withheld. What BS!

I have moved almost all of my domains away from Sedo and would recommend the same for everyone else.

I am an upstanding domainer who has never cheated the system. If this can happen to me, it can happen to anyone.

I feel like Sedo has cheated me. I sent over 48k hits to Sedo last month and got paid $0. Now that is stealing!

kodeking

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am 100% sure that there is no paid traffic. It is all natural traffic from backlinks and search. Its not my fault that they can't get it to convert.

Even if they do re-enstate my cash, there won't be any domains in my account. I don't trust people who don't trust me.

S

SedoCoUk

Hello people,

We do everything we can to protect our own customers by ensuring the integrity of our parking program. This means that we have to be very strict on anyone abusing the system. We currently have a whole team inspecting domains with 'strange' traffic. It can happen that innocent people get caught in the net, but we do everything we can to ensure that such peole's situations are clarified very quickly and of course we listen to reason - in the case of eurovision for example, I myself saw that eurovision.tv was the biggest climber that week in the Alexa 'charts'.
To some it may seem that we are being heavy-handed here, but we have to maintain the integrity of our system. Take, for example, the entire Indian village of Dombivli: 30 people sitting in an internet cafe with poor quality loan .info domains merrily clicking away on each other's loan adverts. Think what that does for the advertisers' bid prices on those keywords... They have been ejected from our system, as have many others who were found to be cheating us without question.

If you feel that you have been unfairly treated, then you will always be able to contact us at [email protected] if you're in the US and [email protected] if you're outside the US and I'll look into it personally.

Thank you for your cooperation. All parking fake checks are carried out to ensure high CPCs for our customers in particular and the parking community as a whole.

Ed
Key Account Manager
UK Marketing Associate

SEDO.CO.UK :: Buy and Sell Domain Names and Websites
tel within UK 0871 900 8450 :: fax 0871 900 8451
tel +49 221.420.758.156 :: fax +49 221.420.758.11
tel (US) (877)-349-5902 :: fax (212)-202-3951
email: [email protected] :: http://www.sedo.co.uk

_______________________ :: make a name for yourself.

labrocca

Omniscient
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Wasn't gamedose just delisted from google as well? I saw a post from you about this somewhere.

Hmm...seems odd that 2 seperate large companies have blacklistd you.

wildwil

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It amazes me to read these posts every month and see people still using them. They let you park the names for a full term and then when you earn them all the money they let you know you’re not getting your share.What's worse is they take all your earnings and not just delete the earnings from the domains in question. I'm beginning to see what it really means when I hear someone say there is one born every minute. Good luck and I can't wait to see all the posts next month and the month after and the months after that!

KwelX

The Godfather
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
wildwil said:
It amazes me to read these posts every month and see people still using them. They let you park the names for a full term and then when you earn them all the money they let you know you’re not getting your share.What's worse is they take all your earnings and not just delete the earnings from the domains in question. I'm beginning to see what it really means when I hear someone say there is one born every minute. Good luck and I can't wait to see all the posts next month and the month after and the months after that!

Thanks for ur post wildwil, however I've been with Sedo for a yr and had no issues with PPC payment, payment from any Sales or any Support issues. Therefore, this actually was a shocker to me. Call me what you want.

wildwil

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I had been with sedo for over a year or more as well when it happened to me. A complete shocker indeed.They kept many dollars from me. I have since moved all my names from them and will never use them again. I cannot ever trust them and they never explained what happened to all the cash. They said they had a problem with a couple of names but would be keeping all the revenue regardless. I just don't see how people keep using them when the posts keep flooding in with the same news. Screw me once shame on you screw me twice shame on me! If we know this is how this company continues to do business why do people keep taking chances with there hard earned research, renewals revenue etc. I atleast know I will never get screwed from this company again becouse I decided to never use them anymore.

domaindirk

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have also been with Sedo for over a year now, and have not had any negative dealings with them other then some "gentle" reminders of domain transfers that were completed. I have seen parking revenue come to a halt a few times, but it was usually corrected. So, for the most part Sedo has been profitable and professional. All that I can recommend is to continue communicate with them to work out your concerns and be patient. If you are not satisfied with the outcome, there are other PPC avenues. Good luck to all.

DD

yonimlm

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I had same exact experience. My $xx,xxx payment for may was withheld because traffic came from 'hitpulse.com' even though my portfolio is almost all pure-typeins/mispells and %ctr is high. I then moved all my domains to DS. 1-2 weeks later they pay me after I contacted them with all "seriousness".

A week after that they contact me offering me a 5% bonus if I repark my domains with them -what jokers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom