Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Sedo the best?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ckly

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
I am managing about a few hundred domains through sEdo.

Is SEDO the best out of them all? I notice there are more threads about SEDO than any other domain parking service (does that mean most people use SEDO?)

thanks for all your help with this matter.

DaJackel

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Or the most people complain about Sedo ;)

petrosc

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
people mostly complain. out of 10 threads, 9 are complains

Here is something you might not know about sedo. Thet do not pay for more than one click per user. This means that if I go to your landing page and click on 5 ads, 1$ RPC, you will get only 1$ and the rest $4 are kept by sedo. I don't know of any other parking service that does that.

I use parked.com and Namedrive for domains that don't perform so well at parked.

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
I am managing about a few hundred domains through sEdo.

Is SEDO the best out of them all? I notice there are more threads about SEDO than any other domain parking service (does that mean most people use SEDO?)

thanks for all your help with this matter.

Its safe to say, if a program has very little posts then they have less problems or no one uses them :)

But in answer to your question. The reason for all the posts is because of how bad they are. I would estimate 95% of all posts in this section are complaints of some kind.

You should try NameDrive or Parked if you are looking for great customer service and great revenue.

MobileDesigner

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thank you guys for other options. i have been using sedo. I got a lot of hits, but ended up with practically nothing for profit. Just moved ALL of my domains to Parked.com.

Salute! :eek:k:

RustyK

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I had my domains at parked but because I was not pleased with thier boring templates which does play a big role in whether or not visitors are interested enough to click on the links, I changed over to NameDrive and sent some to Sedo. Namedrive for the attractive templates and Sedo (Templates are boring too.) to get it sold.

I contacted Parked.com on the template issue and he said is more like, "what you see is what you get", so thats that.

I'll do more research.

domainah

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
usually the simple (or boring as you call them) perform the best, non boring templates do not perform well, unless its adult traffic..thats at least what I found..

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
agreed, if they are genuine visitors and they are looking for something in particular they will click through.

Many parking programs fall foul to the domainers demanding high impact designs, which end up loosing the visitor.

Keep it simple. You should not judge a program by its template, you should look at the bottom line, REVENUE..

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Actually I have to disagree here; the crappy classic templates at Sedo don't perform better than the Phoenix blue or pink for example. A human visitor needs visuals, otherwise we would still be browsing via Gopher or using text only browsers such as Lynx.

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The old SEDO landers ended up becoming white noise. Any change would be better. PPC pages are not websites, people are not there to surf they are there to get the information they need and then leave hopefully getting the content they wanted.

In my experience Portal pages make more money than one click landers.. I would bet bottom dollar that EVERY parking program would agree to that.

This is not to say that you are wrong, its merely my experience.

ckly

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

How is Domainsponsor compared to SEDO? I read at ppcincome that Domainsponsor had the highest RPM amongst all programs, but all you guys are mentioning Parked.com? :)

European traffic domains parked at SEDO pays most?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Its safe to say, if a program has very little posts then they have less problems or no one uses them :)

But in answer to your question. The reason for all the posts is because of how bad they are. I would estimate 95% of all posts in this section are complaints of some kind.

You should try NameDrive or Parked if you are looking for great customer service and great revenue.

ya, but 98% of the bad posts are made by only a handful of the members here.

and they always come to this section to post their crap about Sedo.

if it's such a bad service, then why don't they just leave Sedo and quit complaining?

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
that's because the rest are using other programs. If everyone else like you love SEDO so much then why is it only you defending them?

Have you ever asked why SEDO get the most crap? there are plenty of other programs out there and sections on this forum. By your definition everyone else is happy with the programs they are with.

What are you trying to say about the members here who complain, and have a legitimate complaint about the lack of customer service and roller-coaster revenue.

If you think people are complaining about nothing then perhaps you should get a moderator and silence them, while your at it take away their freedom of speech and ban all members who oppose your chums at SEDO. Perhaps with all the complainers gone more people will sign up to SEDO PRO from your affiliate link.

I get that you are trying to coax me into getting myself banned. Well, I will not give you the satisfaction.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ya, but 98% of the bad posts are made by only a handful of the members here.

and they always come to this section to post their crap about Sedo.
I think you are right on this. But we are some very large domain name holders and Sedo has been performing way sub par lately. And customer service is getting to be non existant.

You are also reading comments from someone (me) who used to praise Sedo to no end and would go toe to toe with anyone who claimed otherwise.

if it's such a bad service, then why don't they just leave Sedo and quit complaining?
Sounds like a plan...in the making.

Thanks for the endorsement. :approve:

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score

If they did that, they would have to find something else to bitch about!

I have friends that complain about Walmart every time they shop there, but they continue to shop there anyway for the lower prices, I on the other hand am willing to pay a little more for my merchandise, just for a better shopping experience, we all have a choice.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
that's because the rest are using other programs. If everyone else like you love SEDO so much then why is it only you defending them?

Have you ever asked why SEDO get the most crap? there are plenty of other programs out there and sections on this forum. By your definition everyone else is happy with the programs they are with.

What are you trying to say about the members here who complain, and have a legitimate complaint about the lack of customer service and roller-coaster revenue.

If you think people are complaining about nothing then perhaps you should get a moderator and silence them, while your at it take away their freedom of speech and ban all members who oppose your chums at SEDO. Perhaps with all the complainers gone more people will sign up to SEDO PRO from your affiliate link.

I get that you are trying to coax me into getting myself banned. Well, I will not give you the satisfaction.

You try to read a lot into what was NOT said by me specifically.

Perhaps others don't come here to post because you and your co-horts manage to beat them down and try to persuade others that Sedo has such poor service.

It's not about silencing critics who have a legitimate issues or concerns, it's about those who don't use the service and still come in this section to gripe.

I remember quite well when you were going around promoting Namedrive here before they had their own section, even went so far as to make a "Sedon't" logo and place it in your signature, while you were a moderator.

Now you're promoting somebody elses parking service, which is your perogative, but that past action got you banned. Nobody coaxed you then and nobody is coaxing you now. So if it happens again it will be on you dude!

I wouldn't want to see you or any other member banned for expressing their opinions, but they should do so in a respectful manner without constant bashing for no apparent reason other than to put this or any other PPC service down.

yeah...I said it!

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
:pop2:

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Now you're promoting somebody elses parking service, which is your perogative, but that past action got you banned. Nobody coaxed you then and nobody is coaxing you now. So if it happens again it will be on you dude!

Get your facts right I got banned for speaking out against DNF not SEDO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom