Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Sedo transfers

Status
Not open for further replies.

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What is needed is for sedo to get a few more agents.
When it takes them 48 hours (that is with one email complaining about the delay, so it could have been longer) to confirm a push then you know something is wrong over at sedo.

I must point out that I always send an email to the agent after I do a push and that they get an email from the registrar.

S

SedoCoUk

Hi Yoshiki,

Please send me a PM with the domain name and I will look to see if I can't speed things up! Of course, without the domain name, I can't possibly know what would be slowing the transfer down.

Kind regards,

Brad
[email protected]

Yoshiki said:
Hello Brad,

What would you say if one of the major factors that slows it down is an assigned transfer agent himself?

jhobbs

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Brad Tilley, thanks for responding. Your interest is admirable. I'll take advantage of your generosity, to make a suggestion:
Please transfer the domains to your in-house account as soon as you have received the buyer's money. Then you can release payment to the seller and take your sweet time completing the transfer to the buyer. I'd be willing to pay a bit extra for this.

Alternatively, Sedo or your Agent can open an account at my registrar (WildWest) and complete the transfer AT NO COST TO SEDO, all within an hour. Transaction complete, done, finished, Sedo is the Administrative contact. And Sedo can transfer FROM that account at any time, AT NO COST, to whichever registrar the buyer wants. At least, that's what WildWest told me a few weeks ago.

You've guessed that Sedo found me a buyer, the price was agreed immediately, and I completed the domain transfer 7/27/2006 to the buyer's registrar. I sent a fax as requested by the Registrar on 8/4, but the domain still shows me as the Administrative owner. I don't believe there is anything further I can do to assist Sedo or the new registrar in this transfer.

The buyer is happily using the domain name- yes, with me as Admin. This isn't fair or right. The buyer and the new registrar have no incentive to expedite anything. This could drag on for weeks or months.

Sedo needs to take control of domain name transfers, instead of sending Emails that say "Sedo can do nothing until the new registrar and the buyer get their acts together, sorry about that!"

I want more than "Sorry about that!" from my transfer agent, and I hope I find one more interested in expediting transfers.

S

SedoCoUk

Hi jhobbs,

I sent you a PM about this. We'll be able to be more specific when we see which domain you are talking about.

But just some general information: Wildwest is a reseller for GoDaddy, which locks domains for 60 days if transferred internally. This can concern some buyers, but not all registrars do this. I would encourage you to ask around (either on this forum or others) for other users' experiences with registrars. Some are easier to work with than others. I know Sedo's transfer agents have better times with some registrars as opposed to others. These may differ from registrants, as we deal with registrars in a different capacity. So, asking around may be your best bet.

Trust me, Sedo is very interested in expediting transfers. When possible, that is the goal. However, not taking the necessary precautions could mean bad news for all parties.

Certain registrars require paperwork or additional work from either the buyer or the seller (as in your case). Unfortunately, Sedo cannot physically force the other parties to change information, etc. If we could, things would go much faster. What typically happens in those cases is our transfer agents spend quite a bit of time "motivating" the other party to make the necessary changes by emailing, calling, etc. I don't think a transfer agent has paid a visit in regards to a slow transfer, though.

At any rate, please PM with the domain name I will be able to give you more information (or have one of our transfer agents contact you directly).

Kind regards,

Brad
[email protected]

jhobbs

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
SedoCoUk said:
Hi jhobbs,

I sent you a PM about this. We'll be able to be more specific when we see which domain you are talking about.
<<snip>>
Trust me, Sedo is very interested in expediting transfers. When possible, that is the goal. However, not taking the necessary precautions could mean bad news for all parties.

Certain registrars require paperwork or additional work from either the buyer or the seller (as in your case). Unfortunately, Sedo cannot physically force the other parties to change information, etc. If we could, things would go much faster. What typically happens in those cases is our transfer agents spend quite a bit of time "motivating" the other party to make the necessary changes by emailing, calling, etc. I don't think a transfer agent has paid a visit in regards to a slow transfer, though.

At any rate, please PM with the domain name I will be able to give you more information (or have one of our transfer agents contact you directly).

Kind regards,

Brad
[email protected]
Hi Brad, I appreciate your interest. I PM'd the domain name. I hope Sedo is able to expedite this for me.

Jack.

jhobbs

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Brad explained the problem as a "very slow" registrar. Sellers have no control over the registrar chosen by the buyer, except to refuse the transfer. So, I'm reduced to sitting here, waiting for this buyer and very slow registrar to complete their transaction, while the buyer is happily using the domain.

It's not right that the buyer be allowed full use of the domain before the Admin owner is changed. Since the buyer has no incentive to finish the transaction, this thing could drag on forever.

Since I'm listed as the Admin contact, do I have any ability to over-ride the technical contact and shut down the site?

Jack.

jhobbs

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The problem is changing from "very slow" to worse.
I transferred my domain via Sedo. The buyer is happily using the name. The buyer is listed as Technical Contact, while I'm still listed as Administrative Contact. I'm not getting paid by Sedo because the buyer hasn't transferred the Admin Contact.

My email to the buyer's registrar (Ascio Technologies) requesting a login where I could exercise my privileges as Administrative Contact was replied to with
"I have send this information to the e-mail registered in our system as
the login responsible: <Technical Contact's email>". So it appears Ascio Technologies treats the Technical Contact as the "superior" contact.

How does the Administrative Contact regain any control over the domain name, or get paid for the name, after a transfer via Sedo? I want the buyer to complete his portion of the paperwork, making himself the Admin Contact, so I can get paid by Sedo, or I want control of the domain as Admin Contact. How can I achieve either?

Jack.

S

SedoCoUk

Hi Jack,

The buyer still does not have control of the domain, either. The registrar does. The registrar will release the domain to the owner once the new owner updates the information (which we were told, the forms were sent last week).

Again, this is a major reason why we asked the buyer to choose a different registrar. He said he had all of his domains with this particular registrar and would not consider using another. We then informed him the process would be much slower because this registrar requires paper forms.

But again, the registrar is the current technical contact and will be until they receive the update forms and actually update the information. (Again, we want this process to be faster, which is why we suggested another registrar). All should go as planned and the information should be updated within the next several days.

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM or email me.

Kind regards,
Brad
[email protected]

jhobbs

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The buyer still does not have control of the domain, either. The registrar does. The registrar will release the domain to the owner once the new owner updates the information (which we were told, the forms were sent last week).
Kind regards,
Brad
[email protected]
Hi Brad, thanks for your interest. The buyer is using the domain, so it appears he has control, or there's collusion with Speednames?

Too bad the domain names aren't held in limbo while being transferred, until the Administrative Contact has been changed. The current system of allowing Speednames to give DNS privileges to their customers before the Admin Contact has been transferred negates the whole idea of "Administrative Contact".

S

SedoCoUk

Hi Jack,

I'm going to have to agree with you that it negates the idea of Adminstrative contact. Especially since the 2 contacts are you and the registrar, but the new owner is the one with control of the domain.

I wish there was a way I could speed this process up for you, but unfortunately it rests with the registrar to update the information (which had to be mailed in by snail mail).

Kind regards,

Brad
[email protected]

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom