Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Sedo's "Featured Domains" is a Flippin Joke!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warrior

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just as the title says, I got my first glance at Sedo's featured domains today and was amazed at how much crap they have listed, Yeah, we see crap everyday don't we?, but this PAID crap, where sellers fork out $39 a month per domain to be listed here.

I see featured domains for as low as $60 when it cost $39 to add the listing, Are sellers hoping to make $21 bucks minus Sedo's escrow fee? :?:

As painful as it was, I scrolled the entire list of over 800 domains and came up with ONLY 3 good domains and 1 premium generic, 3 out of 800? WTF!

Is Sedo the place where newbie's go to sell their crap? Don't these domains go through a review process? I would think SO!.

Domain Days 2024

ksinclair

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think their service is reasonable, and they are in it to make money.

But there ought to be a mechanism for better domains, perhaps higher on the page,
a section that is also reviewed. I wonder how many people would pay, say, $99 to have a listing that did not scroll - it was always there?

I listed on on their Featured and got over 1,000 page views from it. Did not sell though (it probably was not on your short list of good domains).

Kevin

INVIGOR

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Though another bonifide venue, in general, Sedo is a "flipping joke". I typically substitute "flipping" with F-U-C-H-I-N-G.

Warrior

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
From a buyers standpoint, I wasted a lot of time browsing the list. Initially I thought it was a complete waste of money for the seller, But you raise a good point, if you factor in the exposure your name is getting, it maybe worth it, depending on the name of course.

INVIGOR

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The only thing worth "it" is "IT"!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom