Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Sedo's New Face!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Domain Jedi

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Another thing that is interesting is that when you visit Sedo.com, you get redirected to the UK site.

You have to actually visit Sedo.us in order to be forwarded to the US site.

Sedo.com used to be the main US hub.

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I like the old one better...there is way too much wasted space on this one...it looks like they got it off of templatemonster

Edder

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well there was nothing really wrong about the old Sedo - except the outdated look -... if this new design can bring in more sales and exposure, I'm all for it.

thejosh

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I do not like it at all, and the navigation is not working on my iPhone.

When you choose "My Sedo" the sub menu of links appears above the main navigation menu, vs. bellow in IE and Firefox. But the big problem is that the sub menus can not be clicked on.

All in all I am usually pretty unhappy with everything sedo does. They are very slow to respond to everything.

btw, as I write this post I can not connect to sedo.com.

DNP

Trust & Reliability
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Like the old layout better, bu who cares now...

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I Love it....:lie:

actually to be honest :puke:

:yo:

tonyk2000

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Don't like it too... Well, I want to manage my domains or check stats etc, and naturally I'd prefer to have usable workspace for doing so, but, for example, on all pages and new windows etc, among other things, I see a human face image https://sedo.com/fileadmin/images/01_header/headvisual_MySedo.jpg which prompts me to scroll down more looking for real content. And, at least on high-resolution monitor I have, the website looks somewhat strange - I always have big white space on the right side of my screen and the website occupies the rest - 2/3 of the screen, left part.
Resume: new sedo website was not sufficiently tested for usability and compatibility with various browsers/platforms/screen-resolutions

aspecht

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I agree with Fearless, both versions stink.

Creature

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Dissolving graphics on homepage are confusing. At the point of the dissolve the data is neither one thing nor the other. Easy to miss data that has not yet appeared following the dissolve. Replace the ridiculous dental photo with domain data.

namebank

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think this update not only will leads to the decrease of their sales amount and volumes but also will leads to the loss of the customers who sell domain names.
About the point of views of domain buyers by auctions, this will be the great chance to buy domain names by low prices becuase the exposure of domain name sales threads will be outstandingly decreased than before. Domain sellers should not send their domain names to Sedo auction now.
If Sedo is planning to increase their sales volume by indirect sales(Ex: sales of Registars and affiliates),
maybe this update can be an explanation.
I can't understand their meaning at all.
This is not a vivid and live website.

Last edited:

MAllie

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think this update not only will leads to the decrease of their sales amount and volumes but also will leads to the loss of the customers who sell domain names.

I agree. I had been about to pay to have some domains featured, but when a friend (who on my recommendation wanted to look there for a suitable domain for his business) was unable to work out how to look at those available, I changed my mind. I'll have to find some other way of showcasing my wares. :(

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
In less than two weeks, I have had offers on several names and sold two via Sedo.

Each and every time, it has been impossible to log into my account and find the offers received page.

I have to go back to the email sent by Sedo and follow the link in the email.

That is totally absurd. Tools like this should be in plain site and easy to use.

In the old version, there was a menu bar on the left plus a drop down menu in the top menu bar for Offers Received and everything else.

This new make over is a fail, fail, failing grade.

On a side note, I am still waiting for Sedo to pay me for an auction sold and paid for on November 26.

And since selling two other domains in the past couple of weeks, there has been no updates whatsoever.

Sedo upper management are hard headed.
If any of the layout design and tool bars were upper level management suggestions, then you know damn well no one in Sedo is going to tell the Uppers that it does not work well, poor user interface, and many complaints.

Last edited:

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
since the face change, i rarely view the domains that were shown in "active auction".

no time to scroll down or wait for graphic to change.

sedo also needs to hire some weekend workers
as domainers conduct business 24-7

imo...

shack

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sedo has many issues with their new website. The navigation on just how to find domains on sale. The old site was ok, but this is not right! Finding domain names for sale shouldn't be this hard!

Last edited:
S

SedoCoUk

In less than two weeks, I have had offers on several names and sold two via Sedo.

Each and every time, it has been impossible to log into my account and find the offers received page.

I have to go back to the email sent by Sedo and follow the link in the email.

That is totally absurd. Tools like this should be in plain site and easy to use.

In the old version, there was a menu bar on the left plus a drop down menu in the top menu bar for Offers Received and everything else.

This new make over is a fail, fail, failing grade.

On a side note, I am still waiting for Sedo to pay me for an auction sold and paid for on November 26.

And since selling two other domains in the past couple of weeks, there has been no updates whatsoever.

If any of the layout design and tool bars were upper level management suggestions, then you know damn well no one in Sedo is going to tell the Uppers that it does not work well, poor user interface, and many complaints.

Hello Doc Com,

You may view offers you have received through the "My Domains" section of your account. Once logged into your account go to the "My Sedo" menu and select "My Domains". This section should have three (3) tabs to manage your domains - Domain Management, Offers Received and Add Domains. To view offers received simply click on the tab "Offers Received".

If you have any other questions about the new site simply let us know. As always we welcome any feedback you may have, if you have not already done so please take a moment to complete our survey via the link below:

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/GLBG97K

Thanks,

Lisa

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom