Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Sedo's parking - better chance with lotto

Status
Not open for further replies.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Only a tiny fraction of domain names are valuable and have a likelihood of selling.
As for parking you must have good traffic in the first place.

If you are comparing domaining to the lottery you have no clue about the business. I don't pick domains at random, I choose them.
Not all domains are created equal.

wphillips

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
In my bath tub. Why, did I do it wrong?

The point of my comments is if you stick to one and one only place to list your domains for sale, then yes...your odds are minimal.

If you want to abide by their TOS and ONLY LIST it for sale on Sedo then that is up to you.

If you list the name for sale here, your odds increase. Why? Because suddenly each thread is indexed on the search engine bumping up the google ladder.

You can list it on Afternic, and more domain auction sites. You can list it for sale on DNForum, NP, and other forums.

You increase your exposure.

If you want to play cards, stick to cards. If you want to gamble your money in domains and maximize your returns, then put your money into ultra high generic names. They will cost you more but the return will be more.

Increase Risk = Increased Return.

Much like the stock market, bonds, funds, etc = and poker!

Yes, poker. If someone goes all in and you are convinced you have the better hand and he is bluffing you, are you going to fold? You are either all in or out.

If you are all in then you have just increased your risk. If you win, then you have increased (maximized) your return.

As for fishing, if you put your line in where there is no fish, then your return is nil.

It would be like listing a domain for sale on Craigs List. You just cast your line into a lake with no fish.

What do you expect to catch?

I could have went to a stocked pond and got something every time I threw the line in. Little fry or a big one every now and then.

as for me fishing...totally unrelated to domaining.

I am an avid fly fisherman.

I can spend eight hours or more in a river and not catch a thing and be in a total blissful state and at peace with myself and the world. Not a sound or a care in the world.

And the return is a greater sense of being and self.

I win every time I go fly fishing. Do you win every time you place a bet?
I have a fishfinder, it doesn't work in the bath tub.

walker

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
wphilips- dont look them , they are smarmy of parking companies, these people are at every where in the internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom