Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Sedo's payment system

Status
Not open for further replies.

options

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It is nice to see Sedo accepting online paying systems such as Paypal, but very strange that the other option is wire transfer only!

Aside from the fact that Paypal is still unregulated, unsecured company with its own rules (who can do whatever they want with your money, or even fine you $500 for using your money for unethical purposes), it is still good having more options, using them at our own risk.

But what in the earth is stopping Sedo to offer payment by simple, old fashioned, plain cheque??
Why should I pay very high transaction costs on BOTH sides?
What about EFT?

Or do you try enforcing people to use the PP scammers?

1dreamer

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
yes good point about PP, but another thing is that they only accept the most industrialized country in.
MoneyBookers.com is much better, has lower fees and accepts everyone. d:)

dvestors

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
options said:
or even fine you $500 for using your money for unethical purposes)

Can I ask what the details of this are? I'm curious..

dvestors

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
thanks for the link, i never heard about it.

S

SedoCoUk

Hello there,

That's an interesting article about paypal. I wasn't aware of that. However, we do have a very good relationship with the folks at Paypal and I doubt it would ever come to a point when users of our services would be penalised for 'unethical' purposes.

As far as EFT is concerned, this is a payment method which we allow for transfer payments and as far as cheque is concerned, you put it best, Options, it is old-fashioned. We prefer not to accept cheque as a method of payment as a) they can take from 1 to 3 weeks to clear, slowing down transactions b) we have to wait for them to arrive via post and c) we open ourselves to the possibility of people saying "Yes, I sent the 10,000 Dollars by cheque, what do you mean you didn't get it?"

We do allow payment by credit card for our service such as Featured Listings and Domain Acquisitions, but, due to the larger sums of money involved and relative ease of credit card fraud, we do not allow them for transfers.

We have our system set up for the very highest security for our customers and we aim to reduce fraud to an absolute minimum. We feel the payment options we offer give our customers a suitable range of options.

Feel free to contact me by email if you have any further questions.

Ed
Key Account Manager
UK Marketing Associate

SEDO.CO.UK :: Buy and Sell Domain Names and Websites
tel within UK 0871 900 8450 :: fax 0871 900 8451
tel +49 221.420.758.156 :: fax +49 221.420.758.11
tel (US) (877)-349-5902 :: fax (212)-202-3951
email: [email protected] :: http://www.sedo.co.uk

_______________________ :: make a name for yourself.

options

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
SedoCoUk said:
However, we do have a very good relationship with the folks at Paypal and I doubt it would ever come to a point when users of our services would be penalised for 'unethical' purposes.

I wouldn't be so sure about that.
Everyone should be very careful in dealing with adult names and PP.

As far as EFT is concerned, this is a payment method which we allow for transfer payments

Are you sure? EFT and wire transfer are two different animals.
That would be nice if you provide EFT payment.

Domagon

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
options is right on ... unless Sedo is already a billion+ dollar company, even then it's no sure thing, Sedo should *not* assume it has a "good" relationship with PayPal - they can and will cut off companies for the most petty reasons - and PayPal has done so even for many multimillion dollar companies.

In short "a good relationship" and "PayPal" are oxymorons - they go together about as well as oil and water.

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom