Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Selling a domain with terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

pixelfast

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I recently received an email offer for a domain I own.

This buyer is requesting terms of $X,XXX now and the balance by some future date.

I guess my questions are: What would be the simplest and safest way to achieve this? Would we just do Escrow.com and set the term? I've never used escrow.com.

I appreciate any advice.

Thank you!

electronic

Level 3
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Put the domain on a lease-to-own, with a certain amount for down payment, and then future, scheduled, mid-term payments if you want, such as monthly or quarterly.

Point the DNS to their server. Monitor their website for TM or other gross infractions which could jeopardize the value or standing of the domain.

Keep ownership and control of the domain until all funds are paid in full.

If they default, and do not make all payments, then you keep the domain and all payments-to-date.

Mark Talbot

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
accept the cash, under the terms that the domain stays in your hands and only name servers will point to his business until final payment has been made.

.... with an agreed upon expiry date, where the deposit reverts to lease fee's if the final payment isnt made during the time frame.

Dont wanna get locked in a pending sale forever yaknow.

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Escrow.com, make him pay their fee and call it a day, takes 1-2 days max to close depending on what rar you use.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I believe Moniker escrow can handle installments. Have a look.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Put the domain on a lease-to-own, with a certain amount for down payment, and then future, scheduled, mid-term payments if you want, such as monthly or quarterly.

Point the DNS to their server. Monitor their website for TM or other gross infractions which could jeopardize the value or standing of the domain.

Keep ownership and control of the domain until all funds are paid in full.

If they default, and do not make all payments, then you keep the domain and all payments-to-date.

make sure to add in "late-fee's" if payments are made monthly and add small (5%) interest increase if lease extends over 1 yr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom