Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Selling Expired and Deleted Domains to Endusers

Status
Not open for further replies.

bgmv

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am not exactly a noob but I am when it comes to buying expired and dropped domains. For the past two weeks I have buying alot of of expired domains, mostly .net that I flip to endusers for $XXX. All I am wondering is if someone can let me know if I am going for the right domains. Currently, I seem to be picking up solid generic two word .net's, but is this the route to go? If I find a random .com and see that there is an established company in Google I go for that.

Here is an example of what I have bought, am I on the right track?

SantaClaritaValley.net
Tektite.net
WorldGems.net
GunCleaner.net
SaintAnthonys.net
DoverRealEstate.net
RanchProperty.net

Thanks,

Ben

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would say any name you can buy expired and flip for $xxx is by definition a good investment. Which of those names have you done that with? That should give you the guidance you are asking for.

If what you really meant is that you want to flip expireds for $xxx, well, good luck. It is a tough thing to do successfully.

bgmv

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I havent flipped any of the above but I have flipped the following to endusers for low to mid $XXX

CocaineShop,,,com
LALasikSurgery,,com
HaydenSoftware,,,com
MardiGrasBead(s)Shop dot com

+ 2 more pending. What I was really asking is if those .nets above have any potential to be flipped for $XXX. I know com are easier to sell to endusers but how about .net? I am not trying to sell these on the forum for $XXX, that would be nearly impossible. All of the names above have some sort of enduser possibility I was just seeing if those names have any inherent value to anyone.

allanh

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
mmm....I wonder what "end users" are going to buy cocaineshop,,,com ? :p

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well that makes more sense.

My experience is not really up to date, but I would certainly prepare for a significant drop in value from .com to .net. That doesn't mean don't do it, just be smart about it.

I think the people who successfully play the game this way are the ones who work the hardest to find and market to appropriate end users. If you are doing that anyway, you should be able to find some success.

They can't all be cocaineshop.coms.... :)

bgmv

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
yeah I am going to see where this takes me. i have a system now and it seems to be working and yes cocaine shop was an easy sell to you know who. im surprised they werent willing to pay $925, my initial offer, the got me down to $195.

URLtrader

Domain Champ
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Stay with .com with good keywords . One word .net / .info/.us are fine.

bgmv

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
So is it worth it to collect these .nets? Most of the ones i am reging have really good keywords, maybe i should just develop some of em.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I havent flipped any of the above but I have flipped the following to endusers for low to mid $XXX

CocaineShop,,,com
LALasikSurgery,,com
HaydenSoftware,,,com
MardiGrasBead(s)Shop dot com

+ 2 more pending. What I was really asking is if those .nets above have any potential to be flipped for $XXX. I know com are easier to sell to endusers but how about .net? I am not trying to sell these on the forum for $XXX, that would be nearly impossible. All of the names above have some sort of enduser possibility I was just seeing if those names have any inherent value to anyone.

one post contradicts the other

initially you said you were buying mostly .net that you were flipping for $xxx

now here, you only posted .com as the names you sold.

so if you had success with .com, then stick with that.

no one here can tell if those .nets will sell, the best you can get is an appraisal, which should be done in Appraisal section.

Good Luck

Clayton

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
So is it worth it to collect these .nets? Most of the ones i am reging have really good keywords, maybe i should just develop some of em.
If you're selling them in the $XXX at a consistent rate I would stay with it :)

blogcrash

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This is a great thread for me since i also do some research for droped domains to flip... yes, i don't have money for more! eheh :)

But i only reg .com domains (mostly 2 words).

For example, today i reged:

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CADMINI%7E1%5CDEFINI%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:HyphenationZone>21</w:HyphenationZone> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:Verdana; panose-1:2 11 6 4 3 5 4 4 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:swiss; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:536871559 0 0 0 415 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0cm; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:612.0pt 792.0pt; margin:70.85pt 3.0cm 70.85pt 3.0cm; mso-header-margin:36.0pt; mso-footer-margin:36.0pt; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Tabela normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> eFreeCredit.com
AwardRates.com<o:p></o:p>
DealersStock.com<o:p></o:p>
LiveCreditUnion.com<o:p></o:p>
MonitorShow.com<o:p></o:p>
OverseasForum.com<o:p></o:p>
VisitNews.com
EuroCoffeeShop.com

2 days ago i reged: <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CADMINI%7E1%5CDEFINI%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:HyphenationZone>21</w:HyphenationZone> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:Verdana; panose-1:2 11 6 4 3 5 4 4 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:swiss; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:536871559 0 0 0 415 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0cm; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:612.0pt 792.0pt; margin:70.85pt 3.0cm 70.85pt 3.0cm; mso-header-margin:36.0pt; mso-footer-margin:36.0pt; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Tabela normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]-->ParkingInsurance.com<o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>

I would also like to have an idea if i'm going in the right way.

Until now i fliped only 2 domains, sold on Sedo.. and my list is growing!

Better luck will come! ;)

james2002

Buying Premium Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you are selling in xxx range regularly, carry on.

D

Deleted member 111831

This is a great thread for me since i also do some research for droped domains to flip... yes, i don't have money for more! eheh :)

But i only reg .com domains (mostly 2 words).

For example, today i reged:

<link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CADMINI%7E1%5CDEFINI%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:HyphenationZone>21</w:HyphenationZone> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:Verdana; panose-1:2 11 6 4 3 5 4 4 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:swiss; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:536871559 0 0 0 415 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0cm; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:612.0pt 792.0pt; margin:70.85pt 3.0cm 70.85pt 3.0cm; mso-header-margin:36.0pt; mso-footer-margin:36.0pt; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Tabela normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> eFreeCredit.com
AwardRates.com<o:p></o:p>
DealersStock.com<o:p></o:p>
LiveCreditUnion.com<o:p></o:p>
MonitorShow.com<o:p></o:p>
OverseasForum.com<o:p></o:p>
VisitNews.com
EuroCoffeeShop.com

2 days ago i reged: <link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CADMINI%7E1%5CDEFINI%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:HyphenationZone>21</w:HyphenationZone> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:Verdana; panose-1:2 11 6 4 3 5 4 4 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:swiss; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:536871559 0 0 0 415 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0cm; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:612.0pt 792.0pt; margin:70.85pt 3.0cm 70.85pt 3.0cm; mso-header-margin:36.0pt; mso-footer-margin:36.0pt; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Tabela normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]-->ParkingInsurance.com<o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>

I would also like to have an idea if i'm going in the right way.

Until now i fliped only 2 domains, sold on Sedo.. and my list is growing!

Better luck will come! ;)

you should google the two word combos and see how many results there are (remember to use quotes).

i doubt there are many rizults for those domains, because most of them dont mean anything together....thus they aren't great domains, and thats why they were available

you want a high number of results to register something...so you know people are searching for it. you can also use the adwords keyword tool and see how often people search for something. 'parking insurance' is the only one you have that i imagine people search for.

blogcrash

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
you should google the two word combos and see how many results there are (remember to use quotes).

i doubt there are many rizults for those domains, because most of them dont mean anything together....thus they aren't great domains, and thats why they were available

you want a high number of results to register something...so you know people are searching for it. you can also use the adwords keyword tool and see how often people search for something. 'parking insurance' is the only one you have that i imagine people search for.

Also have: <link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CADMINI%7E1%5CDEFINI%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:HyphenationZone>21</w:HyphenationZone> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:Verdana; panose-1:2 11 6 4 3 5 4 4 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:swiss; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:536871559 0 0 0 415 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0cm; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:612.0pt 792.0pt; margin:70.85pt 3.0cm 70.85pt 3.0cm; mso-header-margin:36.0pt; mso-footer-margin:36.0pt; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Tabela normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> RecorderVideo.com - 1,000,000 Approx Avg Search Volume

Also droped ;)

I usualy use adwords keyword too and check google results on my research.

That's true, sometimes i reg domains because they are also brandable.

LiveCreditUnion.com for example... because i saw 9,140,000 average search on google ;)

Thanks for your tips my friend...

They are always important for us to understand what mistakes we are doing or not ;)

Wish you a great weekend
best regards from Portugal
Mauro

bgmv

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i have just been reging any generic KeywordKeyword .net.

I found WorkoutEquipment dot net and LasVegasRealEstateAgent dot net. I plan on holding domains like these for at least 5 years, once all the keyword .com's are pretty much developed the .net will mature nicely as being next of kin

blogcrash

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i have just been reging any generic KeywordKeyword .net.

I found WorkoutEquipment dot net and LasVegasRealEstateAgent dot net. I plan on holding domains like these for at least 5 years, once all the keyword .com's are pretty much developed the .net will mature nicely as being next of kin

I also reged a .net today...

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CADMINI%7E1%5CDEFINI%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:HyphenationZone>21</w:HyphenationZone> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:Verdana; panose-1:2 11 6 4 3 5 4 4 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:swiss; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:536871559 0 0 0 415 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0cm; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:612.0pt 792.0pt; margin:70.85pt 3.0cm 70.85pt 3.0cm; mso-header-margin:36.0pt; mso-footer-margin:36.0pt; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Tabela normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]-->CreditDebtFinance.net - <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CADMINI%7E1%5CDEFINI%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:HyphenationZone>21</w:HyphenationZone> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:Verdana; panose-1:2 11 6 4 3 5 4 4 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:swiss; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:536871559 0 0 0 415 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0cm; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:612.0pt 792.0pt; margin:70.85pt 3.0cm 70.85pt 3.0cm; mso-header-margin:36.0pt; mso-footer-margin:36.0pt; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Tabela normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]-->7.480.000 Average Search Volume According Adwords Tool

Not bad i think.

DavidH

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you have not been able to flip any of the dot nets but have had success in flipping the dot coms, I would stick with the dot coms.

I search probably up to 10,000+ dot coms every day and if I am lucky find one or possibly two that have potential commercial appeal to small / medium size end user businesses. I dont find it too difficult to sell some of them (I am not superhuman so inevitably they do not all find endusers) if I am careful about choosing them in the first place and keep the prices reasonable - not so sure how this would work with dot nets.

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I wish for two things:

1) an ISP that won't kill my connection every 30 seconds when I scan (they kill my bandwidth for about 30 seconds)
2) The know-how to find the domains that can easily be flipped.

DavidH

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I wish for two things:

1) an ISP that won't kill my connection every 30 seconds when I scan (they kill my bandwidth for about 30 seconds)
2) The know-how to find the domains that can easily be flipped.

Dont know about the ISP but what I look for when considering a name for flipping is

1) Is it a dot com
2) When googling the word or phrase in the name, are there plenty of potential end user companies with pages listed who might have a need for the name? Try to stick to the smalland medium sized business who are IMHO generally more responsive to an approach than a large company
3) Is it a trademark? Then leave well alone
4) Are there plenty of ads on the right hand side of the Google page
5) Is it a keyword / key phrase that people are actually looking for - I use the Google Adwords Keyword Tool to get a better idea
6) Does it feel right - does your gut instinct suggest that people would pay real money for it - I am not talking about $xxxx or higher but more likely $150 - $350
7) Give it a try but dont expect to sell every name you register. If you make 20x cost in a sale, you can afford to sell only say one in five and still come out ahead.
8) Dont be greedy - a sale at even five times cost puts you way ahead of what you would have got leaving the money in a bank.
9) Go looking for end users, dont wait for them coming to you.
10) Make life as easy as possible for the buyer to conclude the transaction
11) Dont get attached to a particular name - imagine you are selling cardboard boxes, each of which has a different bit of writing on them!
12) Do it again....

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom