Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Selling Names

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyphix

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ok.... I'm basically just wondering how everyone else here sells their names.

I haven't been in the domain biz for too long but all I seem to be doing is buying names & not selling any.

Of course I have sold a couple names for between $2 - $20, but I'm talking about selling better names for good prices here. It is just not costworthy to keep regging names without selling any.

I have built up about 100 names now over the last couple months, some for personal use, some I shouldn't of regged in the first place & also some nice ones.

Where does everyone else sell most of their names where they get decent prices? I know that the *real* buyers (end users) lookup the whois & email you, which is a very slow thing to wait for, but other than that?

Afternic, ebay? I ntoice my domainers here have their own sites.... sell much domains at them? If so, is that mainly just resellers buying the names?

Thanks for any tips. :D

RMF

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Try contacting website owners, or businesses who should/would have interest in your domains.

If the domain gets traffic, then a good place to start is the domain itself. Just let your visitors know the domain is forsale.

RMF

cyphix

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
RMF.. thanks for the reply. :)

I do put up a for sale page on my domains I am wanting to sell, did that about a week ago. ;)

As for contacting people, done that with a couple names with not much success.... I contacted people from overture & google listings & some others with similar names.... got some responses from second one with one saying not interested, another saying couldn't afford name like that & another interested but then didn't ecxpect to pay that kinda price.

RMF

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Learn to "negotiate" then. Perhaps your asking to much?.

RMF

adoptabledomains

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
For the most part you need some patience if you want a decent return. Some may sell in a few months, some in several years. If actively promoted, they will sell quicker.

If your names don't lead to a sales page, and the whois record has no reference to selling them, you lose a lot of potential. Also, asking too much can scare away buyers. If the domain is in fact valuable, you can afford to hold on a long time with many renewals. It not, you have to price to sell before they come up for renewal. strategy depends on the depth of you pockets.

Columbia

Level 2
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
If you contact web site owners you may be sued for SPAM. This is illegal!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom