Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

SEO for Parked sites

Status
Not open for further replies.

SDX

KXX.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Donny, I think you mentioned better SEO for Parked.com sites.
Is that still in the works?

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No, I don't think I mentioned anything about SEO as a new feature.

Donny

SDX

KXX.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well, it WOULD be a very nice optimization feature! :yes:

domainer111

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering this myself, what exactly is the position with SEO and parked.com?

Okay I see the title and meta-tag links so persume it being encouraged.

Is it ok to submit these mini parked.com web sites to Google or is this a no-no?

Oh yes..and parked rocks in the extreme!

.. (sorry just had to get that off my chest :)

petrosc

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I saw a post from Focus once, he said that his parked.com pages get very good ranking in search engines... I'm curious if this is true and to what extent

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yeah, it's true...google loves parked.com pages..amazing considering they are running YAHOO ads! lol

melmunch

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think its more amazing (suprised) that yahoo even allows this.

I don't think it is a big deal at all. They can see that the traffic still converts at least as well as search traffic does, so why should they care?

petrosc

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think the free visitors from google are welcomed by Yahoo :D

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They can see that the traffic still converts at least as well as search traffic does, so why should they care?

Because over the long run it lowers the integrity of search results. People typically want content when they search, not sites consisting completely of advertisements.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
"the long run" lol ...if people are searching for "car quotes florida" and come across my url in google, it's because google thought the content and page were good enough to be ranked in search results. Also, when people get there..they click on a link to a car quote provider. This is called NORMAL BUSINESS. They fill out the form online and get a quote = CONVERSION.
This is how it all works. Anyone confused on these issues obviously has little to no experience in PPC or the marketing industry. Companies WELCOME this traffic and it converts very well. If they get to the parked page and it's not what they were looking for then they don't click...hence the lack of 100% CTR on domain traffic. What is suprising to me though is that Google does'nt "filter out" sites with Yahoo ads on it...although a bit unethical maybe, I would assume they would do this to keep the money in their own pockets. For the record, I just checked my overall Parked.com traffic stats and less than 10% of my traffic is search engine..90% is type-ins..so this is not the majority of the visitors by any means, but they still are quality visitors if your keywords, title, etc are accurate and not misleading as to the content of the site when they get there. People going to any site expect to have to click something..and if by the grace of the hand of God it's my PPC ads - then it's a beautiful thing! :eek:k:

Remember, we are the gatekeepers and we deserve to be paid for it!

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Submitting your parked pages to search engines is completely fine.

Donny

Deleted member 82870

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have several new domains with Parked, all were been picked up by Google in a matter of days.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yup

tonyfloyd

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Focus...

remember this one?...its at parked.com and still not in google yet...any ideas why?

caribbeanholidaycruises(dot)com

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
dude, I have no idea..ask google..give it time..I normally don't reg ones that long myself but I guess you did your research right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom