Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Sex.com Sold to Escom LLC For "around $12M"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Domain Days 2024

Mr. Deleted

DNForum Mod
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
labrocca said:
If it's a private seller I would think $14 million is a fair sum. No reason to get greedy. $14 million is enough to set yourself up for a long time. Land, homes and vacations could easily be the rest of your life starting NOW. $14 million or $25 million or $50 million..does it really matter all that much.
The point is that what he will get after taxes on the 14M will be about 8M, and then the interest on that 8M will be about what he could get from OWNING the site, bare min. He could have kept it and earned the same amount as selling it.

NavySeals91

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hey, I'd like to have 500,000 at once.....14 million is okay I mean you could definatley live off of it and the interest for life.

deepstar

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yes, he probably made more per year from it then if he invested the money. BTW, I bet they are calling the proceeds capital gains so it is likely he came away with at least $11mill cash and with 10% portolio earnings he will likely make $1mill per year.

NameSniper.com

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
$12 millions is not even close to that domain value,he could sell/make much more on it

Mr. Deleted

DNForum Mod
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
NameSniper.com said:
$12 millions is not even close to that domain value,he could sell/make much more on it
problem is he probably did not have the money to invest in it's real development. He should have made it a paysite... I think if you go back into Archive.org you can find old versions of what I think were atempts at creating a paysite

© Copyright 1996; Ocean Fund International Ltd., a British Virgin Island International Corporation,, owners of SEX.COM has filed a COPYRIGHT in the United States Library of Congress. Further, SEX.COM is a TRADENAME filed, pending and issued by numerous governments including the United States Patent and Trademark Office. For comments, please contact [email protected]

And he thought he was protected cause he got a tm for a hijacked domain?

NameSniper.com

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I dont think the money was an issue,even with its current design it should been making tens of thouzands a month and a few thouzands dollars are more than enough to create a good paysite
Probably web development is not for him and now he will invest the money in something he like/can do better

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom