Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Should Duke buy Dnjournal.us?

Should Duke pay $8.95 to reg Dnjournal.us?

• Yes - At least for defensive purposes

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • No - Even if he did reg it, the chances are slim anyone else will

Votes: 7 53.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think it's interesting that he hasn't. I really do given the fact he has been an ardent supporter. I wonder if this is not common though hence the reason for the poll.

edit: Duke made the final vote and purchased DnJournal.us so no need to vote anymore.

DomeBase

Old Timer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Interesting question, Izopod.

I faced a similar questiona while back whether I, as somewhat of a researcher/advocate for .INFO, should use DomeBase.info as my main site instead of DomeBase.com.

Some folks said that it might be hypocritical of me not to use DomeBase.info. Upon reflection, perhaps not. I think that even folks who advocate non-.COM extensions might see some wisdom in buying the .COM *if* you can get it. Also, I had DomeBase.com running before .INFO went live... with lots of links and traffic... so would be pain in the neck to switch.

I wound up registering DomeBase.info... I guess you could say "defensively" but decided to keep the .COM as my main site. I probably would not have paid much to get it though, if someone else had registered the .INFO before I did.

Anyway, for my two cents, I view Duke in roughly the same place with respect to DNJournal.com and would recommend defensive .US registration (or purchase) for not too much money... if only for the symbolism. [If some squatter is holding out for sig bucks... I would say let them hold. :)]

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by DomeBase

Anyway, for my two cents, I view Duke in roughly the same place with respect to DNJournal.com and would recommend defensive .US registration (or purchase) for not too much money... if only for the symbolism.

Couldn't agree more.

Btw: Dot Info is looking up. Just sold a couple of .info's for a nice price!

puxa2

puxa2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm surprised he hasn't regged it yet.

Maybe he is planning to.

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by peaceful
I'm surprised he hasn't regged it yet.

Maybe he is planning to.

Duke?

DomeBase

Old Timer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by izopod

Couldn't agree more.

Btw: Dot Info is looking up. Just sold a couple of .info's for a nice price!

congrats!

and I recently developed http://www.Caribbean.BIZ !

is this the dawn of the age of aquarious with brotherhood across extensions and universal peace or something? :eek: :laugh:

puxa2

puxa2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just to add my two cents....

I think I tend to agree with the high opinion of many here of .us, even breaking away from the whole cc tld future organization of search engine arguments.. I think it will be big solely because it is the official extension of the united states.

Love it or hate, everything us is extremely popular worldwide..

movies, music, culture, money, the news

Its just got ridiculously massive appeal by association

.Com may always remain king but I think .us will be the classy second best but who knows really?

I think generally, especially as you move away from .com (and really even in dotcoms case more and more), you want to aim for generic top tier names.

Names that are in the dictionary as nouns and that generally have more than 50k searches in overture and that have a directory listing in dmoz with the name as the heading of the section. Generally speaking, these are the really worthy names imo in any extension .. the generics.

Just my opinion.

puxa2

puxa2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Nice biz name Domebase, good job!

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by DomeBase

congrats!

and I recently developed http://www.Caribbean.BIZ !

is this the dawn of the age of aquarious with brotherhood across extensions and universal peace or something? :eek: :laugh:

Very nice .biz indeed! Although, as strange as it sounds (coming from a .biz supporter) a .info would work better for Carribbean, if you couldn't get the .com.

I think everyone knows that I have tried to keep things in check. I don't see an entire adoption of a new name-space like we do with dot com. I think there a few "prize" domains in each new name-space that one should go for, especially since you'll get it at a bargain right now. Zouzas was quick to pick up on that with dot us. I think you were someone who absolutely got a great dot info (HealthCare.info) on the "cheap". I think mole got a few .biz names, and well I'm pretty proud of my "protection.biz/canoe.biz".

Let's just keep our "realities" in check is all that I ask...

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by peaceful
And I love my guitars.biz.

That is a good dot biz name Tee. A very descriptive short .biz name that pretty much sums up an entire niche industry.

Well done!

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Most of this discussion has been going on in another thread, but since Izopod has decided to spread it across the forum I will go ahead and duplicate a post here that I just made in the original thread:

Geez, as a ardent supporter of Dot US, you'd think that'd be your "flagship" domain for your indepth US based "journal" site.

Izopod it is truly amazing that you have spent this much time on this forum and have yet to learn even the basics of sensible naming (maybe that explains your weird fascination with .biz).

As is readily apparent to everyone (except you of course - but what's new?), Domain Name Journal is not marketed just to the U.S. It is marketed worldwide as the domain community is clearly a worldwide audience. I guess that never dawned on your before.

.US would be completely senseless for a product marketed worldwide as I have said repeatedly (but then you don't read beyond the comic book level, so I'm not surprised you missed this).

I don't do "defensive" registrations for any of my domains or websites (and I have many)...and with the .com what do I need to defend against, leakage to .biz? :)

he seemed to be pretty active here yesterday with the insults... Now silence.

This may come as a surprise to you, but unlike you, I don't spend 24 hours a day here. I have a number of other businesses to take care of. Of course, with your particular skill set (or lack there of) I'm not surprised that you can spend your whole day here doing what you do best - sitting in front of your computer PRETENDING that you know something about domains.

I am going to be taking bets later as to whether you register it or not. Might be a good thing for your lagging DNJournal.com (not us site)

Just when I though you couldn't say anything to make yourself look more ignorant than you already have - you hit a home run!
Yet another example of where you make up your "facts" or simply lie when giving your so-called "professional (cough-cough) advice".

So DNJournal.com is lagging? Interesting since the traffic figures prove just the opposite. Online only 3 months, but the site has already jumped into the top 30,000 websites according to Alexa's ranking for this week. That is among the upper 1% of ALL sites. I hope it keeps lagging like this. :)

Now, let's compare that to the sites of the expert and self-appointed DNF Senior Leader Baghdad IzoBob. Lots of talk from him about what a great domain Protection.biz is. Seems no one else thinks so. Alexa traffic ranking "No Data". What that means is it's not even in the top 3.5 million sites. Well then how about canoe.biz? Hmmm....No Data - completely invisible. Well, maybe algebra.us? Strike three. Hotlinked to a "Coming Soon" page (somehow I doubt it will ever arrive and if it does it will likely meet the same fate as protection.biz and canoe.biz, utter obscurity).

Izopod you are a phony, a poser and you have been exposed. You know nothing about domains; which ones to buy, how to develop them or how to drive traffic to them. But I am certain this will not stop you for one moment from continuing to dispense your worthless advice and pretending you are something you clearly are not.

For those interested in the entire conversation, here is a link
http://www.dnforum.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=26909&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

puxa2

puxa2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Maybe you guys could just find some way to agree to disagree?

DomeBase

Old Timer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Geepers. I did not know there was a controversial thread on this topic going on or I might have stayed out of it. :)

Regardless of what one might think of .COM, .INFO., .BIZ, .US, or .COOP... I think that DNJournal is doing a fine job and will only increase in importance and traffic.

Geepers... maybe this is not the dawn of the Age of Aquarious with peace and understanding for all afterall? Bummer, man.

If I can contribute by saying something annoying to get both of you upset with me and friends with each other again, let me know! I can be very talented at that. :)

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Izopods being a dork, He feels threatened by .US and is flaming all .US threads .

Ther whole purpose of this "poll" is to flame Duke, that's it's only purpose and now he is dragging the "innocent" civilians in, there's blood in the streets from his ruthless behavior.. I think Bush needs to send in some airattacks over South Dakota and take this evil man out :laugh:

He dosent have a clue and know one will sell him one :laugh:

he has been working this flame for 20 hours already...

:laugh:

zouzas

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by bidawinner
Izopods being a dork, He feels threatened by .US and is flaming all .US threads .

Ther whole purpose of this "poll" is to flame Duke, that's it's only purpose and now he is dragging the "innocent" civilians in, there's blood in the streets from his ruthless behavior.. I think Bush needs to send in some airattacks over South Dakota and take this evil man out :laugh:

He dosent have a clue and know one will sell him one :laugh:

would you say he's mean http://www.mean.us

;)

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by bidawinner

Oh please. And Bid's name is nowhere to be found! :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom