Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

question Should I buy a domain with no backlink, but high spam score?

This is a general or domain name related question.

ABCV

Level 1
Reaction score
I was checking a few domain names that I had liked. They had no backlink, but high spam score. I have read somewhere that moz doesn't get to know, if a domain name has been disavowed. As now no domains are not linked to them, should I buy them?

DomainsGENERAL.com

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Wait, isn't the spam score a "lower is better" metric!? I believe so. And it's related to the CONTENT sitting on the domain, not the domain itself. Isn't it? In this case, the spam score isn't really relevant, except maybe penalizing the domain for a while due to past content. But that shouldn't last over time (with good content).

In any case, you want LOW spam scores, not high ones, if I'm not mistaken.

Domain summit 2024

DomainsGENERAL.com

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
YAHH YOU CAN DECREASE THE SPAM SCORE BT GOOGLE DISAVOW TOOL.
Oh, the SPAM score would be because of links pointing to the domain, and NOT content, as I wrote erroneously above. And I guess I misunderstood the initial poster question then: He was asking if he could still buy the domain despite the spam high score, isn't he? Not that he wanted to buy it because of it (what I understood).

Neoget

Level 5
Reaction score
I consider that any worn pants can be cleaned and worn again, similarly with domains, the content is important and services provided, if your services are in high demand you can host your website even on dgngidg0hndi8ughiu:com and search engines will do the rest for you, you even will not need to run ads, your end users will do it for free, this is based own my own experience, of course a strong domain will yield more traffic to your web.
However the never used domain might be a better choice.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators