Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

show your other gTLDs from Day 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

BuzzNames

Big domains and websites
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Also i buy earth.lighting(in my opinion this extension - new gTLD dont have any future for marketplace , same crap from ICCAN)

Last edited by a moderator:

visit

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
just buyit
global.construction
highend.technology

ImageAuthors

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The long gtlds are toughies, because the just add so man damn letters. But I think stunning.graphics would have a buyer somewhere.

I doubt it. Nobody NEEDS stunning.graphics. Any buyer will have lots of cheaper options. Go to a thesaurus and you'll see just how many positive adjectives there are that can replace "stunning". And .GRAPHICS isn't the only extension to choose from either.

If a domain is replaceable, buyers will find ways around it.

Domains need to be more real, more unique, more irreplaceable in order to have a chance at investment value in these vanity extensions.

All domains in these new extensions are risky investments for domainers. I'm registering some, but they're a small portion of my activity -- and just experimental, as my past purchases in .XXX, .DJ, .FM, .TV, .ME and other extensions have been.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
got confirmation of securing Hawaii.voyage today. Kind of surprised it was not held back or reserved.

Don't plan on getting any more .voyage.

MobileDesigner

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
yea, i didn't get any .voyage. the only thing that i could think of was "star ship enterprise". localization-wise, it may not be so good. that darn "v" has different pronunciations worldwide.

i won a few nice technology. i think ill wait a while for the big ones to come out.

489038902348ffhdjjdwur.png

manyagem

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I tried for bon.voyage but with very little hope. Picked up just one: safe.voyage but I'm not holding my breath for a quick sale.

What do you call "the big ones"?

ImageAuthors

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I tried for bon.voyage but with very little hope. Picked up just one: safe.voyage but I'm not holding my breath for a quick sale.

A lot of us tried bon.voyage.

Safe.voyage is actually pretty good, although none of us can count on sales for any of these. Not at this point.

dmyre

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Wow...

all.terrible
saveyour.money

visit

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Even if I'm a beginner, I think some of the new extensions will have success.
The question is, which entrepreneurs can afford a memorable .comdomain today?

ImageAuthors

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Even if I'm a beginner, I think some of the new extensions will have success.
The question is, which entrepreneurs can afford a memorable .comdomain today?

The argument that good .COM domains are all taken is bogus. For instance, look at Sedo's .CLUB auction that ended yesterday. Over half a dozen of those .CLUB domains -- including items with bids of several hundred dollars -- remained available to hand-register as .COMs even 8 hours after Sedo's auction ended.

visit

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
My other argument is that there are more people on the Internet, more and more people, entrepreneurs, companies, etc. There can be only one "plumber".com,.net,...It costs a lot of money to make publicity for your company when you don't have the right name . Since helping a good name, for example miller.plumber or mayer.camera

MobileDesigner

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I agree with Visit. When .com was initiated, there weren't many on the internetS. For plumbers, they want something with their name or company name. During the time of .com, how many plumbers were there with a website? 1? 3? Then plumbers got their websites. They all wanted www.plumber.com. Rotorouter owns it. So all the 8 billion plumbers might as well get .net or some other combination like wee.iamaplumberinnewyorkcitypleasecallmehyperactivewebsite03.com. The only way this small plumber can only hope for is being found by the search engine. Now in 2014, we have accurate auto-suggestion search engines. Who the hell types in anything in the URL for a local plumber in the New York area? If a client types www.newyorkplumber.com, what do you see? Us! Hahahahahaha!!! Just a parked page.

I'm sorry .com parking guys, more people rely on the search engines. And since .plumber isn't much a sought-after domain name to buy all of the geo and name combined .plumbers, it weeds us out giving plumbers a chance to register their company.
So when a potential client uses the search engine and search for "New York plumber" in the search engine, .plumber domains will go on top. Yea, plumber.com may come up on top as #1, but nowadays, potential clients prefer local businesses. Cause if the local, small-time mom and pop plumber will suffer financial loss if they do a crappy job. If Rotorouter (plumber.com) does a crappy job, no big deal.

Since the launch of .com, these gtlds are the best ideas since the .com launch. It's too early to tell of the impact of these domains, but if you think about what I wrote above, you can see that its plausible.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Alternative extensions have been around for a long time. So why haven't they been more popular if SEO will do ? There are many answers to that, but one big reason is that they suck for branding.

Search engines are not going to favor any extensions, only bona fide developed websites.

gTLD.gurus are singing the praises of new extensions, but they ain't drinking their own medicine.

MobileDesigner

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
True. The new domain extensions should have some strength when users are looking for them specifically. Example; a user searching for "bob's plumbing" may see "www.bob.plumbing".

I havent seen seen the strength of these extensions yet but in time they should.
Mas for .guru, I'm not sure what the users will search for unless when users search specifically for "health guru".

Alternative extensions have been around for a long time. So why haven't they been more popular if SEO will do ? There are many answers to that, but one big reason is that they suck for branding.

Search engines are not going to favor any extensions, only bona fide developed websites.

gTLD.gurus are singing the praises of new extensions, but they ain't drinking their own medicine.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I do not advocate to anyone that they should snag up new extensions.

Because I do know how to create sites in Joomla and Wordpress, my regs are purely for myself to experiment with.

Will Hawaii.voyage get any traffic? Will it rank? I don't know but I am at least willing to try.

Is it a great extension? no. However, it has good results as a search term.

We'll see.

Bottom line, all of this is pure speculation until there is a proven track record.

However I do want to state that I have no doubt that google and other search engines are keenly aware of these releases. To think that everything will stay the status quo is seriously backward thinking and not giving these search engines any credit for keeping up with trends and changing their algorithms. That is how they have survived.

If you are not willing to shell out a few bucks for your own usage then that is your thing.

I am not going hog wild on any extension but I am seriously willing to give something like Korean.technology or Seoul.singles a chance to be a viable experiment for my own usage.

MobileDesigner

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Right on Gerry! You have some nice gems! Looking forward to seeing them blossom! Mine too!

btw, there are some .technologies searchable but not mine...I've placed meta tags in them but they still don't show up when I search using "site:(name).technology". Others do but not mine. Do you have any idea why this is?

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I was able to get nite.photography.

To me, this is a missed gem.

Nite is widely accepted to refer to night. Plus nite (night) photography is actually a specialty of photography. Most of all, the word nite is the 7th most commonly searched four letter word with 12349 views per week.

asfas

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I was able to get nite.photography.

To me, this is a missed gem.

Nite is widely accepted to refer to night. Plus nite (night) photography is actually a specialty of photography. Most of all, the word nite is the 7th most commonly searched four letter word with 12349 views per week.

Yes but XMS for night photography are 10,000 and only 20 for nite photography
GL anyway :cool:

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
not sure what xms is.

But I like the fact the nite has a weekly search volume of over 12000 and there are 56,200 results for the exact search term of "nite photography".

asfas

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
not sure what xms is.

But I like the fact the nite has a weekly search volume of over 12000 and there are 56,200 results for the exact search term of "nite photography".

xms = Exact Monthly Searches

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom