Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

sick of TopSites.us spams? I am

Status
Not open for further replies.

NexSite

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am sick of this

Could you please be so kind as to update your listing in the TopSites directory by Saturday, if you don't mind? (We can only continue to list you if you click the Update button.) Simply go to:
http://topsites.us/update.cfm?d=nexsite.com&id=19392050

TopSites is in the top 1% of all websites in the world by popularity!

By updating your listing you will also appear at the top of Yahoo, MSN, Google, Go, AOL, Netscape, Lycos, AltaVista, and Excite Search window results when Internet Explorer AutoSeach users search any word in your TopSites listing.

Questions? Please write to [email protected].

Thanks,

John Kennedy

To remove your address from our database and your listing from the directory go to:
http://topsites.us/cancel-.cfm?d=nexsite.com&id=19392050

I don't know if anyone else is, thought I saw a thread about this somewhere before. I have had enough. I cant stand a person that mines the whois to creat a spam list. ANybody that has info about Mr. Thomas or valid email adresses that I can return the favor , please PM me. I will FORWARD about 2400 spams per day to every valid adress that is associated with this company. Lets help each other payback this guy.

actnow

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My first reaction would be to do what you said.

But, the best thing you can do, is hit your delete button.

I also get a lot of them.

If he knows you are alive. He will keep coming at you.

Plus, I am sure he has a spam filter. Because, everyone else probably tries to do the samething.

NexSite

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yea, and now I got this bill or william oniell guy , i.e. sitescanner.com starting to pull some of the same type tactics.

RMF

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I get them a lot too. The past couple months I've been getting a lot more of it for some reason. I always just delete it.

RMF

Spider

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I got a site scanner this morning on a domain that was never down. lol.

wyvern

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've received the topsites email several times also, but it was always because I had placed my site(s) in their database. It's free for a certain length of time (90 days, 6months?), then they want you to renew the listing, which costs the second time through.

Shame on me for not reading the terms before listing the first time.

They have not yet spammed me about any of my sites that had not already been added to their database.

Poker

Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They use a FREE Dmoz database dump and then ask you to PAY...if you want to fight back, report them to Dmoz for every domain you have listed for free at Dmoz.com

Togoodhlth

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's getting nuts. I am getting calls all the time from hosting companies (earthlink) among others trying to sell me hosting for newly registered domains. Since I register a lot they are always calling. It's at the point where I have talked to the same telemarketer more than once and I have asked repeatedly to be taken off of thier list and never to be contacted in the future but guess they don't cross reference.

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yes, I hate them too. They foool me quite often into thinking thier emails are actually for me.

They never get my $ though :D

NexSite

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Great replies and links folks. Much appreciated.

DNJunkie

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yes they are a pain!!! I rekon we should all sign a petition to get them shut down. it makes me mad to get emails from them wanting my cash for something I never signed up for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom