Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Since when...

Status
Not open for further replies.

thevirtual

Level 10
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Since the last time I checked it wasn't against the rules to edit the price in a sales thread or remove the old price. If so, why is my post being removed from my thread.

Upvote 0

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi

unless you show all previous prices in the thread, then how will members know that you are actually reducing prices.

you need to show the price drops from beginning to end, if you want to bump your posts by saying "Price reductions".

maybe we need to fix it, so that bumping does not bring threads back to the top of the que?

thevirtual

Level 10
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This is not against the rules in any way regardless and has only been brought up in order to erase my posts in my sales threads for no reason.

Last edited:

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This is not against the rules in any way regardless and hasn't only been brought up in order to erase my posts in my sales threads for no reason.

doesn't make sense to see a thread with 3 or 4 bumps that say "price reduced", with no way to verify any actual reduction was done.

it's either erase the bump or close the thread, if you can't comply

sometimes a few can spoil it for all, so if we can't get cooperation, then the next resort will be to stop bumped posts from going to the top of the que.

then you can post bump, price reduce, or whatever and it will stay where it is.

thevirtual

Level 10
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
There is no way for members to verify the price was reduced unless they check the last updated time on the post, and moderators can check the updates on the post...

If this is required, it should be required for sellers posting 'last offer' to verify who made the offer, otherwise members can not be sure there was an offer. However this has not been brought up probably because it is just a part of doing business and it should not affect the members choice to buy a domain or not.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Easy solution, make all posts uneditable after 30 minutes.

thevirtual

Level 10
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Easy solution, make all posts uneditable after 30 minutes.

This would make it much worse for members who list domains. Noone wants their old sales thread showing up in search engines with prices etc... Most buyers would not want the domains they purchased showing up either. Sellers should be able to edit their posts unless it is against forum rules.

Many other forums do this. Hopefully this forum does not turn into one of those forums, who constantly make it harder for people to use the forum for no valid reason.

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Make it like other forums, where the mods can see what has been edited in each post and make it hidden from other members.

thevirtual

Level 10
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Make it like other forums, where the mods can see what has been edited in each post and make it hidden from other members.

I am sure the mods can already see the edits in members posts.

raoul

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
:asleep::asleep: Every few days a simular topic here, about someone not liking to be indexed by google. As a buyer I not understand what is wrong with being indexed. Why would you care? Why would I as buyer care? You think I going to check old posts what it cost before? It doesnt matter, YOU own it now, so you make the price no matter for what you bought it.

I really not understand some guys here, your in the NICEST biz in the world, there exists NO COMPETITION , you have a name, than you have it, noone can compete you with "better price bro" If someone wants it he needs to pay it. I wonder what you guys would sell if there where no domains.

thevirtual

Level 10
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It is more convenient for members to be able to edit the post with updated prices, updated stats or other info. Some members do not want to have to scroll every post to check the updates on the sales thread. Also members should be able to edit the post to fix any errors or if a domain is not for sale anymore etc...

:asleep::asleep: Every few days a simular topic here, about someone not liking to be indexed by google. As a buyer I not understand what is wrong with being indexed. Why would you care? Why would I as buyer care? You think I going to check old posts what it cost before? It doesnt matter, YOU own it now, so you make the price no matter for what you bought it.

I really not understand some guys here, your in the NICEST biz in the world, there exists NO COMPETITION , you have a name, than you have it, noone can compete you with "better price bro" If someone wants it he needs to pay it. I wonder what you guys would sell if there where no domains.

Some end users will check the domain and they will see the domain posted and prices and other info. Many end users will base negotiations on what they read on the forum. Many members will not buy a domain if it is listed on forums by the seller with prices etc...

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

raoul

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sometimes I think that the "resellers" think the "endusers" are also brainless

raoul

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Some end users are brainless when it comes to domains, particularly the value of domains.

Some "resellers" are brainless, not being able to to sell "it" in a none competition market. Some resellers are VERY bad salesmen, not being able to tell other advantages than a price.

cursal

MomsDigest.com For Sale!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
doesn't make sense to see a thread with 3 or 4 bumps that say "price reduced", with no way to verify any actual reduction was done.

it's either erase the bump or close the thread, if you can't comply

sometimes a few can spoil it for all, so if we can't get cooperation, then the next resort will be to stop bumped posts from going to the top of the que.

then you can post bump, price reduce, or whatever and it will stay where it is.

I have to agree. If your going to post names for sale and then reduce the price, the trail of price reduction should be shown.

After the sale a Mod (if asked nicely) could (and should imo) go back and remove the name from the thread so the SE don't have anything but the prices and cache and the cache will go too in time.

thevirtual

Level 10
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It seems many members want more and more rules introduced for made up reasons until it is not worth posting. Whats next, you will have to wait for your thread to pass a moderation queue or only have two active sales threads per marketplace (lol).

Some "resellers" are brainless, not being able to to sell "it" in a none competition market. Some resellers are VERY bad salesmen, not being able to tell other advantages than a price.

You are not going to sell a domain to an end user that doesn't know what domains are. Most potential end users are not going to read or listen to your essay about how generic domains can help their business. The only competition is the domain they already have that they are satisfied with and they are not going to change domain name no matter the price, at least with most potential buyers this is true.

Last edited:

cursal

MomsDigest.com For Sale!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to add that even if a sale is not made, having the name removed should still be an option. No need to keep a name on a page when there was no sale.

...as for waiting to have a thread pass a moderation que, that is already in affect in parts of DNF. Try posting some News in the News forum. I stopped posting news there because of that and now go directly to the Gold or Platinum to post and discuss what I think is news-worthy.

Sonny Banks

<span style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Agreed with you.
I never had a problem with endusers and threads on forums.
If they want my domain they pay for or I can hold the domain and they can be f..... :D

Every domain is unique so I don't see the problem where is.
Today I can list a domain for $100 here on the forum and tomorrow I can mailing the same domain to an enduser for $10000...if they want buy it they buy it, if they talk about my threads I say them bye bye and I move on to another enduser.

Simply.

thevirtual

Level 10
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It is a stupid idea to not be able to edit a thread. I just got a pm from a member to edit the price from the thread of a domain I sold them because they lost an end user sale because of it.

If you don't care or don't worry about losing sales keep it to yourself.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom