Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Since when...

Status
Not open for further replies.

thevirtual

Level 10
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Since the last time I checked it wasn't against the rules to edit the price in a sales thread or remove the old price. If so, why is my post being removed from my thread.

Upvote 0

Sonny Banks

<span style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It is a stupid idea to not be able to edit a thread. I just got a pm from a member to edit the price from the thread of a domain I sold them because they lost an end user sale because of it.

If you don't care or don't worry about losing sales that is your business.

The problem is not loose a sale.
If an enduser don't want buy a domain anymore because he see the same domain on a dn forum well...the stupid is the enduser (not very motivated to buy).

It's full of intelligent companies out there with cash in hand so move on to another enduser.

I repeat I've sold several domains listed on DNForum to endusers...never a problem.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It seems many members want more and more rules introduced for made up reasons until it is not worth posting. Whats next, you will have to wait for your thread to pass a moderation queue or only have two active sales threads per marketplace (lol).

You are not going to sell a domain to an end user that doesn't know what domains are. Most potential end users are not going to read or listen to your essay about how generic domains can help their business. The only competition is the domain they already have that they are satisfied with and they are not going to change domain name no matter the price, at least with most potential buyers this is true.

stating what an end-user will and won't do and/or listen to, or how they cannot be persuaded to think differently, comes from your lack of experience in dealing with people in general.

you have no idea!

It is a stupid idea to not be able to edit a thread. I just got a pm from a member to edit the price from the thread of a domain I sold them because they lost an end user sale because of it.

If you don't care or don't worry about losing sales keep it to yourself.

Read here:
12. Do not "bump" your sale threads with the word "bump" or no relevant information. All replies to your own threads in sales MUST contain information pertaining to the sale. You must have a minimum price reduction of 10% to post a price reduction as a bump. Otherwise, edit the original post and do not bump! Do not use sneaky bump tactics like "If you PM me, post in the thread that you PM'd me". No "PM sent" replies to threads. There are too many bump tactics to list, so please just don't try any of them. Trading bumps is not permitted, you bump for me, I bump for you, etc., so even if there's no harm intended, do not bump others' threads because you think it's a good deal, or the recipient will feel obligated to bump your thread, and you can see where this will lead.

so, again how will members know that you have reduced your price, within the required 10% amount, if previous prices are not listed in the thread?

you can edit your thread all you want, but if you bump it with "price reduced" you must show the trail of reductions.

thevirtual

Level 10
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
stating what an end-user will and won't do and/or listen to, or how they cannot be persuaded to think differently, comes from your lack of experience in dealing with people in general.

you have no idea!

Actually, you don't know me.

I am getting tired of these lame insults.

gingeman

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So,

Can the mods see post edits or not?
If they can, which I believe is true, then surely they can see if a post has been bumped or a price legitimately reduced...

This forum is well indexed in google.

For many sales posted, if you then go and type the exact name being sold into google, the dnf thread will turn up at or around the top of the page. If this thread has pricing in it and the name was recently sold, then an end user will be a much harder sell. TBH I can hardly believe there are people disputing this...

biggedon said:
so, again how will members know that you have reduced your price, within the required 10% amount, if previous prices are not listed in the thread?

you can edit your thread all you want, but if you bump it with "price reduced" you must show the trail of reductions.
For clarification though, the rules state nothing about leaving a trail, this is just one interpretation.

I am pretty sure I read that mods here can see edits made to a post, seeing as they are the ones who enforce the rules, surely that is all that matters?

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So,

Can the mods see post edits or not?
vBulletin (at least with a hack) allows edit history to be viewed AND EVEN compared, just like what you do with Microsoft Word, or WordPress.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom