Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Wanted: Service Small browser problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

DomainEmpire.com

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi,

On my second Pc, after I formatted and reinstalled Win Xp Professional, I'm experiencing a strange unexpected problem: I can keep opened only one window at a time of Internet Explorer.
For example, if I click a link which should open a new popup, that popup opens directly in my current window; if I try to open a second new window (File - New window), it's my current page which become the new window, absolutely no way to keep 2 simultaneous windows opened :(

I can't remove IE to reinstall it because it was part of Xp; I reinstalled it again from Microsoft site but nothing changed.
I know you can't help a lot without seeing the pc but ... any idea whould be highly appreciated, thanks.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
In IE go to:

Tools > Internet Options > Advanced

Scroll down to the "Browsing" section and uncheck the box "reuse windows fr launching shortcuts". Or install Firefox from http://www.mozilla.org and make it your default browser :-D

DomainEmpire.com

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Thanks for trying to help, I followed your instructions but the problem hasn't been solved :(
I think there's a virus (but I found nothing with McAfee) or something else which's not allowing to the browser to work properly :(

I'll continue to make some tests ...

Jonas_B

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
DomainEmpire.com said:
Hi,

Thanks for trying to help, I followed your instructions but the problem hasn't been solved :(
I think there's a virus (but I found nothing with McAfee) or something else which's not allowing to the browser to work properly :(

I'll continue to make some tests ...

try downloading some anti spyware software. Like SpyBot Search & Destroy, Ad Aware.

DomainEmpire.com

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
We've already spybot, adaware and mcafee 2005 on that pc ... Problem still unsolved :(

bocajohnh

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
DomainEmpire.com said:
We've already spybot, adaware and mcafee 2005 on that pc ... Problem still unsolved :(
Did you open a web based copy of an excel spreadsheet? I've seen this happen when doing this, but a reboot usually cleans it up, followed by SAVING the spreadsheet and opening it within excel.

You're not talking about the "new" way of grouping similar applications on the task bar, are you? If so, turn that off by right clicking on the task bar, choosing "properties" and unselect "Group similar taskbar buttons".

Make sure your adaware/spybot files are up to date. It apears they added some good ones just recently, as my one system is running much nicer now after getting rid of some crap that's been surviving adaware/spybot runs for the past 2-3 weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom