Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Snapnames a waste of time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nexus

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Stocdoctor
NicGenie seems to rarely include the "Great" names in their lists for bids, and I wonder if that is intentional, due to arrangements with the other parties.
Have a question. Who here uses NicGenie? I went to register for their service recently, and when I got to the credit card request form, I realized I wasn't on a secure page. I thought it was a mistake, but it doesn't look like there's a secure site running. Is everyone using them putting their credit card info through an unsecure page?

~ Nexus

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Namewinner got a nice name for me once....it cost me $8.95 :D
So yeah, i like Namewinner, even it it only would be for Mark Mitford's existence who is a hell of a guy and really works his ass off for helping dotster/NW customers.
I like Snapnames too though cuz i like any service that gets me names :D

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by beatz
Namewinner got a nice name for me once....it cost me $8.95 :D
So yeah, i like Namewinner, even it it only would be for Mark Mitford's existence who is a hell of a guy and really works his ass off for helping dotster/NW customers.
I like Snapnames too though cuz i like any service that gets me names :D

Yes I would also take wwf.com for$8,95

Diogenes

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
doesn't it seem most of the posters above said "snapnames got ___.com but not for me?" Well who are they good for then? I've had snaps renewed, nothing reregistered by any fellow squatters...

Snapnames is a good concept, cause they sell time....something gauranteed to dwindle away...

D.

Nexus

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I guess that'll teach me to re-open a thread unused in months just to ask a related question! :) Everyone ignores your question and goes to the previous page to respond to all the old messages as if they'd just been made. Note taken!

~ Nexus

Kid Kool

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
snapnames gets tons of the best names. If i had to pick i would take the snap over any other service. It is the best odds

names snap has gotten:

layout.com
freemarket.com
chapter11.com
cuties.com
ad.net
shopper.net

Nexus

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Let me post my question in its own
thread and unsubscribe from this one then... :)

~ Nexus

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sheesh I started this thread back on January 4th looking for names over the previous months. I was quite frustrated by Snaps record and it appears by the pms I got, so were a lot of others. Things have changed quite a bit now with the pending deletes and all. The new system has allowed some time for the likes of Namewinner and Snapnames to improve their services. So the results now seem much better. It has also knocked out some laggards in the drop catching business and allowed those services that are on top of this thing to take advantage such as Dropwizard. I believe that the changes have also caused some confusion with the individual participants and that makes for better success for those that are up to speed. I'm now more pleased with the Snapname / Namewinner / Dropwizard results. Doc

nomad

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Stockdoctor - reasonable concerns, but before you support WLS you should think about what a post-WLS domain world will look like. The variety and creativity of all these small registrars will be gone, in favor of more profits for the evil empire. Large speculators and Snapnames who drive the secondary market will be 'on the inside' and will be able to get as many WLS positions as they now get names. So the only change for individuals is a rise in price to play in this game...and the high barriers to entry are what was being complained about to begin with.

It is possible that a distribution system more fair and more favorable to the small guy could be implemented; WLS is not that system.

Overall, the industry vanguard should be promoting more options and competition, not less.

Nomad

Kid Kool

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by nomad
S
It is possible that a distribution system more fair and more favorable to the small guy could be implemented; WLS is not that system.

Overall, the industry vanguard should be promoting more options and competition, not less.

Nomad

I think the free market already allows for this. There are over 20 dropcatching services all with unique price models and systems.
There are options to get great names for anyone regardless of budget.

Drewbert

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I still prefer the old system,that hardly anyone understood. :^)

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Holy Moly How did this thread get dug up? Should have been dead and buried. Snap has gotten better.

Y

_Yakov_

Stockdoctor, zg.com - snapped by snapnames.com on 14-Apr-2003 - 2 month ago.
Please, $300 DND :)

Otherwise, I agree, it's no longer competible, zg.cm is the best doomain I saw snapped. :)

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by nameslave

Question: is BuyDomains.com a registrar?

Yes, they are owned by DomainDiscover.

friday

Half way there :)
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I haven't seen any major names caught by them. Any decent name goes to the private domain catchers (99 times out of 100).

The only chance off getting a decent or half decent domain nowadays, is to contact the owner before it is deleted and negotiate. It's not a brilliant way of doing it, but your chances of realisticly getting the name is much higher.

Otherwise, you will pay extortionate prices to the few key players in the drop catch business. I have regretted not contacting owners in the past but I will not make the same mistake anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom