Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

So who here sold Face.com for 80 mil - I know you are here ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImageAuthors

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If autotagging becomes a reality, then maybe a good SEO tactic for my UnderwaterBasketweaving101.com project will be to gather pictures of every human being imaginable from yearbooks, mugshots, what have you and post them on UnderwaterBasketweaving101's Facebook profile. Then the autotagger will -- correctly or incorrectly, it matters not -- tell every human being that they and their friends have new pictures at UnderwaterBasketweaving101. So they will all come running to my precipice like lemmings!

fpforum

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I agree with some of the others here..the domain could have something to do with it..But facebook already owns FB.com...I don't think Face.com is the shortest they are trying to go.

richface

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
absolutely disagree with your statement. In my view it is a smart buy and can clearly see how this can be integrated in a social environment especially looking ahead.
The sale of this one is nothing to do with the domain and everything to do with the technology.

Something tells me that if they had a different domain, the acquisition wouldn't have taken place; for instance, if they went by the name of "Facial". They would get lots of attention for that one, just not from Facebook.

I think it's a waste of money on Facebook's part. They're known as Facebook; not as "face". FB.com was a very good acquisition for them, as it is an appropriate abbreviation. But not face.com.

shellyboy911

4PPO.COM - Unlimited Free SEO + Ai Tools
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Face.com domain alone wouldn't be worth 80 mil, I would say it's worth 10 mil because of type-in traffic from fb users and also face is 50% of the facebook name.
Heck, if facebook didn't exist, the face.com undeveloped domain name value would've been worth like $100k maybe.

mave1986

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Face.com domain alone wouldn't be worth 80 mil, I would say it's worth 10 mil because of type-in traffic from fb users and also face is 50% of the facebook name.
Heck, if facebook didn't exist, the face.com undeveloped domain name value would've been worth like $100k maybe.

Agree! Facebook not buying face.com for just the domain, but mainly for the kind of app the FACE.com team developed

4u-domains

DNF Old Timer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Auto tagging ... on a website? with nuances of coloring, angle of face, lighting?
I can;t see it myself... More mistakes than successes methinks.

Molotov

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
sweet domain either way

seoexperttools

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I agree that Facebook would be more interested in the technology that the team is developing rather than the domain name itself. The auto tagging feature of Facebook is working pretty smooth right now and i think maybe they need that technology for something else in the future, like, recognize the facial features of a person via the smart phone to allow them to log into the facebook account.

vaby42

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
[h=1]80 mil is very huge man...[/h]

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom