Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

So who's domain is it anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've previously posted about Pacnames (ex-Totalnic) who have some of my domains in Registrar-Lock, against my will.
Despite repeated email and support "window" requests for them to be unlocked, (their control panel doesn't allow me that facility - in fact I can no longer login to their control panel!), copies to ICANN and a complaint lodged with ICANN, they totally ignore my requests to unlock the domains so that I can move them to Enom.
This is an issue that affects many people from time to time so my question is, "What action is available to me to make them (or any other Registrar)relinquish my domains?".

Attorney comments would be most welcome.

Dave Zan

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Questions:

1. How long has it been since you first brought it up with them?

2. Have they made any reply whatosever? If so, what?

Worse case scenario, you might need an attorney. :'(

I'll see if there's any news about this as well in other places. Good luck!

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
1) Couple of weeks.

2) They respond by telling me how to login (which I already know) but ignore the transfer issue every time.

Their web control panel doesn't allow me access even with the login information that they have sent me - when I use the email address which we both confirm is my contact email the site says that it doesn't know me. However that is not the issue, the issue is the lock and they ignore this completely.

Dave Zan

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I found this so far:

Contact Pacnames

If you have any questions please contact us by any of the methods listed below.

- By phone: +1.303 302 1400

- By email to [email protected]

It's practically reported in the other major domain name forums. :-(

nicpal

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Mr Web, the two week "transition period" that they claimed they are in will end Monday the 1st. So I will be calling them on Monday to see how I can amicably or forcefully get the domain out as well. My client really needs his personal name so I'll let you know what transpires.

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks nicpal - I hope we can both get our domains without undue problems, however I would still like to know what the true legal position is and if they refuse to unlock the domains and permit a transfer I would like to know what options are open to me.

nicpal

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I am sure if we draft corresponding emails and follow-up calls to them on Monday to put a little more pressure on them, they should fold. Usually just the threat of legal action works wonders.

When dealing with the guys that I know represent these high profile clients, it usually doesn't come down to legalities. It is cheaper and quicker for them to make a visit to their place of business or home residence to "talk things over" which I have witnessed them do twice in as many months so far. It's pretty effective!

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
nicpal said:
It is cheaper and quicker for them to make a visit to their place of business or home residence to "talk things over" which I have witnessed them do twice in as many months so far. It's pretty effective!

:-O {takes two steps backwards!}

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
nicpal said:
When dealing with the guys that I know represent these high profile clients, it usually doesn't come down to legalities. It is cheaper and quicker for them to make a visit to their place of business or home residence to "talk things over" which I have witnessed them do twice in as many months so far. It's pretty effective!

I guess you know Tony Sopranno :eek:k:

nicpal

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
GiantDomains said:
I guess you know Tony Sopranno :eek:k:

No... but quite frankly, some of the sports agents I work with or better yet "their business managers" are pretty intimidating. We've had some recent cases where they came down here (to Tampa) after being told to "F - Off" over the phone by a cybersquatter to reclaim a domain. They flew in, picked me up, so I can could navigate and went to the squatters house and got the domain back in person. I have also seen them get two domains back through media pressure in the squatters local market, which made the squatters give the domains up. It'll be interesting to see how they work with PacNames (a registrar) should they continue to be a hinderance.

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
nicpal said:
No... but quite frankly, some of the sports agents I work with or better yet "their business managers" are pretty intimidating. We've had some recent cases where they came down here (to Tampa) after being told to "F - Off" over the phone by a cybersquatter to reclaim a domain. They flew in, picked me up, so I can could navigate and went to the squatters house and got the domain back in person. I have also seen them get two domains back through media pressure in the squatters local market, which made the squatters give the domains up. It'll be interesting to see how they work with PacNames (a registrar) should they continue to be a hinderance.
lol

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Mr Webname said:
:-O {takes two steps backwards!}

Believe it or not, this works. I did it with the webmaster of a company that hosted my website several years ago.

Dave Zan

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
RADiSTAR said:
Believe it or not, this works. I did it with the webmaster of a company that hosted my website several years ago.

Desperate times call for desperate measures. :cheeky:

Interesting. Care to tell in detail how? :-D

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom