Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Sold My First Website!

Status
Not open for further replies.

brentn

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I recently sold my first website. Now I need to forward my customer an "Asset Purchase Agreements" or "Bill of Sale." What do most people use for website sales? Can someone PM me or post a sample of what they use. I'm looking for something pretty simple. I mostly need it for the Yahoo Store transfer.

I appreciate anyone's input or suggestions. Thanks!

fab

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Have you spoken to an accountant?

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Congrats :yo:

BELLC1

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
When the buyers bring the lawyers in, I ignore their documents and tell the buyer I'm not signing anything. If they want the domain, they can send the money and I will transfer it to their account, take it or leave it. I've never had one back out yet.

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Perhaps the buyer is requesting it for tax purposes.

When the buyers bring the lawyers in, I ignore their documents and tell the buyer I'm not signing anything. If they want the domain, they can send the money and I will transfer it to their account, take it or leave it. I've never had one back out yet.

He is selling a website. Have you done this with websites? Most larger sites they ask for you to sign a NDA. I guess it you tell them to piss off before you make the sale and they still buy it you wouldn't have to sign :lol:

BELLC1

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Like I said, no one has backed out before. But that's me.

I do, however, try to use tact, diplomacy and charm. :)

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have directed them to use the escrow.com closing document...Otherwise, I agree an invoice stating your entity as the seller and their entity as the buyer with a 'Paid in Full' on the invoice.

Sonny Banks

<span style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Congrats!

exponent

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

brentn

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Actually the website was sold for $x,xxx and the customer has been more that perfect. He paid up front once he won the auction and has been very patient with this transaction. Its actually Yahoo Store who wants either an Asset Purchase Agreement or a Bill of Sale before they will make the transfer to his name. I was wondering what most website sellers use once their website has been sold. While my customer has been great, Yahoo Store has been kind of a pain with giving me information. That's why I've turned to you guys on this forum for help. I just haven't been able to find a simple standard form to complete this transaction.

All comments and suggestions are welcomed and appreciated!

brentn

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Looks pretty helpful, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom