Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

info Some popular numbers in Domain name !!!

An informative domain name related thread.

Siful Moni

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There are a few number or combination of numbers that are always attractive or meaningful for the business. lets see a few-

360 : This is a whole number that represent whole or complete service.
365 : This represent the whole year or complete yearly service.
24 : It represent all day and this number domains get sold very quick.
247 : This number represent all time live service. I don't see much sales of this number domains with any keyword.
888 : This number represents wealth in china and it gets sold frequently in chinese market.

Domain summit 2024

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Is it repeating 8 three times only?

In Japan, I often see 8s. However, they come as one, two, three, or four digits when it comes to license plates, which I believe cost about $100 extra (per 8, I think).

Siful Moni

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Is it repeating 8 three times only?

In Japan, I often see 8s. However, they come as one, two, three, or four digits when it comes to license plates, which I believe cost about $100 extra (per 8, I think).
As far as I know its about 8.

I seen mostly people using 888 to make the term strong. Not sure much

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Eight is similarly used in Japan for the same reasons then. I never looked into this, but because of the cultural influences over the many hundreds (and thousands) of years in what is now East Asia, it would seem like more countries than just China and Japan embrace 8.

I haven't seen 8 in significant use beyond trinkets or license plates and sometimes in phone numbers, but that's only because you can read and memorize those as ha-ha-ha (888), though.

Pronunciation is another thing that popped up after I saw use in phone numbers. An example of this is that we have two local beers, one called 75 and the other, 78. You wouldn't read them numerically, though. They would be NA (7) - GO (5) and NA (7) - HA (8) for the two cities they originate from.

base

Level 3
Reaction score
4 is a bad number.

Yes. Same here in Japan.

Some hotels still skip the 4th floor.
So it's unlucky, interesting. Seems it's regarded similar to the number 13 here in North America, not many buildings designate the 13th floor with it.

Though, it's not completely avoided. 13 can also be a big attraction calendar-wise. A popular date for the biker community to gather on when it falls on a Friday.

base

Level 3
Reaction score
How about Roman numerals in domains, like XI, XXII etc, have never visited a site using it but wouldn't doubt they are in use. Superbowl uses these in their signatures.

Siful Moni

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
How about Roman numerals in domains, like XI, XXII etc, have never visited a site using it but wouldn't doubt they are in use. Superbowl uses these in their signatures.
I did not see any successful story regarding roman numbers domain.

base

Level 3
Reaction score
I did not see any successful story regarding roman numbers domain.
You are probably correct. I looked at namebio.com for some random ones and found results with the likes of "xxi" or an "xl" or whatever were part of the domain spelling/branding, rather than in a Roman numeral capacity. Or something like "xl" would be in reference to "extra large" and not "11".

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
4 is a bad number.
Hi

i remember when 4 number .com (NNNN) started rising in price
and nobody wanted to buy names with 4's.

but once that supply was depleted, then names with 4, started selling.... cuz that was only ones left.
same thing happened with 5 number.com.

would you turn down a sale because the offer amount has a "4" in it?
ie: $4999

would you give back the money if you earned a $40 click, from a parked name?

on other hand, i've sold names like "3482.com, 4750.com, 4LQ.com, 100calorie.com,10000.org, 1md.com", etc.

imo....

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom