Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Someone Fake Bidding at sedo ? What can be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

domainplus

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have had this happen to me a few times now...

There is a guy whom I know at the NP forum. I earlier had some issues with this guy where in I lost around 500 bucks buying a traffic domain from him.Turned out that it was fake and to save myself from reputation issues I let it go.

Turns out he doesn't want it to go.He is hellbent on causing more trouble for me. Recently I put up a few names at sedo for auction.Now since I put the name up at DNforum first for sale the guy knows it is my domain. So when I put it up for sale / auction at sedo he will fake bid to an extent that the real bidders will stop bidding. I know he has had his account cancelled but he keeps coming up with fake accounts.

I have a name up for sale now as well and ends in 2 days.He is now bidding on it and I know he wont let anyone else win ?

What to do here. ?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Ask for Sedo to ban his IP range.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
They can't possibly be verified using endlessly different information.

flamewalker

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
there should be an option for the seller to remove bids... that i think is something sedo should look into.

Domagon

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
At minimum Sedo should verify bidders using some off-line method(s)... ie. credit card, phone call, postcard, etc. And also allow for restricting / reviewing of bids prior to them being posted.

To digress somewhat, among the reasons eBay is moving away from auctions is fraud - it's easier to just to encourage sellers to post fixed prices and require buyers to pay immediately.

Policing fraud, especially for low priced domains, is an expensive, time consuming process that Sedo's business model simply doesn't account for, and thus they don't do it.

To reiterate again for the zillionth time ... Sedo is just a venue ... they are not licensed auctioneers. Bids at Sedo are more akin to "offers" than real "bids".

Splitting hairs, but a "bid" is typically a legally binding commitment to purchase the lot at that price plus whatever fees may be added by the auction house. On the other hand, an "offer" in of itself isn't necessarily binding on both parties.

Sedo is a crapshoot - sometimes it works great, other times not. There's no real penality for bogus bidders; so they lose their account, big whoop - they just create a new one.

Bottom line is Sedo needs to make serious changes to their venue so both buyers and sellers are better protected.

Ron

Sonny Banks

<span style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I received several fake bids on Sedo.
They do nothing.
Sedo needs to make serious changes.

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I find that Sedo does not really care about fake bidding with names under 10k...they will do nothing...that has been my experience.

Sedo does need to change...they take their professional users (which includes all users that follow through on buying and selling) for granted and it will bite them in the a$$ down the road. My prediction is that another service or platform will roll out that will care about their customers...listen and take a huge market share from them.

domainplus

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I dont know what todo...The sedo rep here has her inbox full and I cant send her messages...Sedo customer contact center have all the lines busy or are disconnected when I call...

Has anyone got a direct number or any other number that I can call...

I tried the no of registration....

Stian

www.bitweb.no
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So when I put it up for sale / auction at sedo he will fake bid to an extent that the real bidders will stop bidding. I know he has had his account cancelled but he keeps coming up with fake accounts.

I have a name up for sale now as well and ends in 2 days.He is now bidding on it and I know he wont let anyone else win ?

Wow, this shitbag is definitely trying to ruin your business. I hope you can manage to get his real details one day, so we can all go and rip his testicles off.

domainplus

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Wow, this shitbag is definitely trying to ruin your business. I hope you can manage to get his real details one day, so we can all go and rip his testicles off.

yeah ...happened to me 2nd time...so now I fear sending a domain to sedo auction even though I know that it will fetch better price in auction then at Dnforum...

I have mailed sedo ...lets see what they come up with...

Scorpiono

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I would work on some SEDO privacy rules there not allowing him to see which domains you post next. Also, doesn't SEDO pick the 2nd ofter after him if it doesn't go through?

Cartoonz

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
this thread is TWO YEARS OLD!
let it die in dignity ;)

George Verdugo

Seasoned Domainer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
KILL This LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom