Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

someone stole all my dnf =(

Status
Not open for further replies.

NamePopper.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Already done a few minutes ago. However - my questions still needed to be answered first.

NamePopper.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
They already have been ..... to the extent that you could - in that last pm you sent me.

:)

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
>icehole: yes, I was an idiot to send you the same password

Just from my experience: I know that it's difficult to keep in mind so many different sets of username/password combo. But it may be better to have at least 2 separate passwords; one for more important logins like Internet banking and another for signing up with e.g. Yahoo Games ... and DNForum.com. ;)

Because I sometimes have to sign up services for my clients (I'm a web designer), I make up a password particularly for that purpose (so nobody could guess my AVS password). :D

TexasFilly

RBS consultant
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by icehole
I swear to god, when I finf out who it is, they won't live long.
I am starting to think someone has messed with my hotmail account.
it'll be 'okay'..

don't sweat the small stuff..
and remember inlife..
that most things are small..

i have many dn bucks.. never ever used a one..

i'll donate some bucks to your cause..

cause, it's 'No Sweat"...

no worries mate! it'll be okay.

DomainPairs

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Why is anyone on this board using Hotmail. I thought hotmail and yahoo were for spammers, cheaters and kids. I put both domains on deny receipt as most of my bad/rubbish mail seems to come from those domains.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
>DomainPairs: I thought hotmail and yahoo were for spammers, cheaters and kids.

There are definitely decent people using them. Some of my small business clients are using HoTMaiL too. But we do have A LOT of kids here ... :D

peter

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
DomainPairs: As I said, I have had it for like 6 years, since I was 10, so I have become one with it =)

And texasphilly: thanks! Always nice to hear

options

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Icehole, I ask you again: did you check your names ?
If you registered them using same e-mail address, you may
be in trouble.

D

dkny

Originally posted by DomainPairs
Why is anyone on this board using Hotmail. I thought hotmail and yahoo were for spammers, cheaters and kids. I put both domains on deny receipt as most of my bad/rubbish mail seems to come from those domains.

i have over 20 websites and over 15 email addresses, but I still use yahoo as my main non-business contact. the reason is that yahoo mail is the most reliable service and is accessible from anywhere. never once, I lost my e-mail, never once the server down more than 10 minutes and it hardly down. if I can remember it was down 4-5 times in the last 7 years.

I used hotmail before yahoo, and it deleted all my e-mails once. So, I never go back to hotmail again.

by the way, your perception was wrong. spammers can send e-mail out of any accounts, the just forge the header. and when you send spam mail out of yahoo and aol, they cancel your account right away. i think hotmail does the same thing, not sure.

D

dkny

>icehole: yes, I was an idiot to send you the same password

big mistake!!!

adoptabledomains

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The thing I was mad about, is that someone has taken over my hotmail account, directly after I sent you the password (yes, I was an idiot to send you the same password, but it is a little strange. I send you the password, and minutes later, someone has taken my hotmail account.

First, don't ever use the same password for anything you send via email for anything you intend to keep secret.

When I transfer a domain, I always change the password to something unique, and since I may not remember it, bcc the email to myself just in case. Usually I use some form of the receiver's name with a random number. It is possible to "sniff" emails for the text. So even if the email receiver didn't reveal it, it could be used by anyone with access the the same pipeline the email went through.

It is possible your email was sniffed, and the hijacker immediately tried it on the email account involved in the header. It is also a good idea to send the login name and password in two separate emails. Even if they sniffed both, the data isn't as easy to put together. I used to do this but got out of the habbit since nothing ever happened. I think I'll go back to this myself.

I also suggest the receiver change the password as soon as possible

I'm not sure if any of this applies to PM's here, but they are just in a simple internet accessible database that someone could potentially hack into as well. I know I'll be a little more careful of the info sent now.

MarkMitford

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thankfully when I won Addictive's other auction I gave him a made up password not one I have ever used for anything else. I am only out DNF$500 if Addictive doesn't come through with what he promised.

I will give him the benefit of the doubt and a day or two before I start asking for my DNF$ to be returned.

Mark......

fizz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This thread is very addictive.

domainAddict

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
DomainPairs: As I said, I have had it for like 6 years, since I was 10, so I have become one with it =)

And texasphilly: thanks! Always nice to hear
So you are 16 now? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom