Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Spam King gets spammed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beachie

Mr Flippy Returns..
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by ozone
wow, i think itd be cool to get that much stuff in the mail. u could just fill a room with it (hes got many rooms) and go swimming in it
Noooooo! Think of all the papercuts :eek:

Beachie

Mr Flippy Returns..
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by beashnet
What they did to him is worse than what you're suggesting Fizz, IMO.

If they signed his number up to all telemarketing companies, at least he could shut his phoneline down like you could shut an email account down.
Why? He could move house hahaha :laugh:

Seriously though, why should I change my email address that I've had since 1994 because I'm on every (and I mean every) spam list on earth. I have to wade through 100's emails each day, and occasionally accidently delete important emails hidden amongst the spam.

He can contact all the companies and remove himself from their mailing lists, just like I have to contact every spammer and 'remove' (I don't believe half the links at the bottom are actually the spammers site) myself.

In Australia we call people like him "Nimbys". It's OK, as long as it's "Not In My Back Yard"..

Ciqala

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
well its not like he can just ask the mailmen to stop delivering either...

remember what happened to kramer when he tried it. and neumann never seemed the same after that episode.

wwww

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by ozone
some chick called loveline once (radio show) and she was a mailman (err person) and she said u can tell ur mailman (err...or person) to stop giving u junk mail and they will

I guess that only applies to unaddressed massmails and not to personally addressed letters. Or how can the postman figure out which letter from Honda contains an important contract and which one is the catalogue that I sent him to his address this morning? :cool:

...guess the only way to get rid of it is to call every single company and ask to be removed...

draqon

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i love adam carolla and dr drew! they rock.

fizz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by wwww
...guess the only way to get rid of it is to call every single company and ask to be removed...
Or he could simply send out the mother of all spam mails to 200 million companies around the globe instructing them not to send him any physical junk mail :D :D

Pokerface

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Lol... you guys are funny....

But he got what he deserved imho...

Bob

Jedi Master
Reaction score
I love it. This guy is an schmuck. . .

Spam on dudes!

May I also suggest a few mailbombs? :evil:

-Bob

M

mole

MIKE WENDLAND: Behind the scenes, spam's even uglier

December 13, 2002

Bloomfield Township spam artist Alan Ralsky is in the midst of yet another controversy, this time involving an anti-spam activist who says someone left him threatening telephone messages after he took photos of Ralsky's brand-new $740,000 house.

The activist, Rich Clark of Warren, said he's reported the threats -- which were left on his answering machine -- to police. He said it all started last weekend when he drove to Ralsky's neighborhood to snap some photos for an anti-spam Web site.

Clark said as he was taking his pictures from the street, someone left Ralsky's house, got into a black car and tried to block him from driving away. Clark said he maneuvered around the vehicle, but was followed.

The next day, the phone calls started.

"You don't know who the hell you were . . . with yesterday," began the first call. "You got the wrong guy. You don't even have the guy you think you do."

The caller then gave details about Clark's home, his driver's license number, even the bank his car was financed through.

A second call said: "I'm going to make your life so miserable you should watch every corner you go into, bro, every second."

The next day, there was still another message. "Just waiting for you," it said. "You haven't heard the beginning of what's going to happen to you yet. Keep your eyes open."

Clark provided me copies of the recordings. Are they from Ralsky? It was hard for me to tell. I asked Ralsky, and he said he knows nothing about it.

"Come on," said Ralsky, "That's ludicrous. I'm not that stupid."

He said he had no idea who was in the black car that Clark said left his driveway. "I don't have a black car," he said. "And I'm 57. I'm not about to go chasing anyone. But what was that guy doing taking pictures of my house for, anyway?"

Clark says he took the pictures to post on an anti-spam Web site (he hasn't decided which one). He now plans to add the audio files from the phone messages.

Warren police said Clark's report is on file, but there is no investigation in progress.

Ralsky, who is one of the biggest senders of unsolicited bulk e-mail in the world, says anti-spammers have been harassing him for the past year. Lately, said Ralsky, anti-spammers started flooding him by snail mail with coupons, brochures and ads. "I just toss them right into the wastebasket," he said. "It doesn't bother me."

There's no surefire way to eliminate unwanted e-mail. But if you're determined to learn all you can about the problem, one of the best resources I've found lately is on Whew.com (www.whew.com/On-Line_Spam).

The site has a collection of articles and links to anti-spam news groups and Web sites. While the site's news links aren't as current as I'd like, as a one-source briefing it's pretty hard to beat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom