Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

legal SPAMMER: Alexander - [email protected]

Status
Not open for further replies.

silentg

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This guy keeps sending me the same e-mail more than 2 times a day and it just gets annoying. I tried telling him and he wouldn't listen.
[FONT=&quot]Preferred Domain Availability Notice:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][/FONT]domain.com will be listed for auction in a few days. This domain might be useful for you, since you own a domain similar to this domain.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]To confirm interest in owning this domain, fill out the simple form here: domain.com[FONT=&quot][/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Sincerely,Alexander
15500 SW Jay Street #70927
Beaverton, OR 97006 [/FONT]

If you do not want more of these messages, please click the link above and follow instructions at the bottom of the page
It's nice to be the best, but not when being the best brings out the worst in you.
- Rodney Dangerfield

Domain Summit 2024

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yep. That person / company gives domainers a bad name. I've been getting tons of them from him recently - all are domains that I own but have an "s" at the end (even ones that end in an s), a different TLD, etc..

All these domains are worthless (the ones I own) but are being used for some sort of entity.

IMO legal cybersquatting since there is no TM on the names - nor does he own the names when he sends them out. Highly unethical IMO.

silentg

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just checked the whois on the domain "entreprisedesecurite.com" and I see "InTrust Domain Names" listed as the owner. These guys don't care about these threads. There's 100s of other blog posts and forum threads about their shady business practice.

---------- Post added at 09:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:44 AM ----------

I checked the ip address of the spammer and found it's hosted on HostForWeb.com and whois shows Alex Korneyev as the owner. I tried to look up the ISP to file a complaint and the ISP is listed as HostForWeb Inc. Dead end.

Skinny

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Very, very annoying indeed. Was driving me nuts for the past few days.

Leave my inbox alone!

:)

Skinny

Mark Talbot

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
These are annoying,.. and if I threw my spam box in the water, it would sink like a brick to the bottom.

airmax

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
We all know who is doing this, I get 8 emails a day from this fool. It is the non domainers who generalize the entire industry because of this one company.

gingeman

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This guy is sending me 10-20 emails in the morning, then another 10-20 about the same domains later on. I think currently its about 35 emails a day they are spamming me with, and they always make it through my spam filter. I have complained to them but they don't care.

Does anybody have any ideas on who could police this behaviour and where to file a complaint where it may get actioned?

This guy is obviously a scumbag, intrust domains are the scurge of this inducstry IMHO. If anybody has any other ideas on how to deal with them feel free to pm me.

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
you'd think they would have some method to de-list email addresses if they don't want to get in trouble with the law eventually.

stock_post

JewelryRelated.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just made an offer on any domain they showed me, then stop replying once they buy the domain.
I'm sure I made it to a nice blacklist as I never get any emails from them anymore. I cost them a few hundred bucks too which feels pretty good!

I think this is a better idea - engage them to some point and let them get the domains and then leave them alone.
** Spamming don't cost them, but owning a domain does cost them..

if all of us do the same for few days they will be forced out of business.

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The worst spam I've seen lately is the kind mentioned in this thread, and also the Twitter messages you get from accounts set up just to spam people about dating and hook-up type sites.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom