Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Spammer/Lowballer

• Thread starter Deleted member 70408
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

VirtualT

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The best case of lowballing was from someone who offered $10 for a domain I had already sold at $2,500.

hehe, I just has one of those, domain LLL.net (primo), end user offers US$50, he owned the developed LLL.com.es, what was he thinking?

I politely explained that three letter nets were worth more than $50 :)

Domain Days 2024

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Lowballing is fine as long as I am the one doing the lowballing. I recall last year I bought a domain for $10 and sold it for $7000.

If people dont post a price then expect a lowball. Of course you do get some arrogant twats that lowball even when a price is posted, thinking they are doing you a favor by taking the domains off you for a low price.

Then you have the ones who PM you about some obscure name for $10,000 only because you showed an interest in another domain previously that was in there mind similar, now that is spamming and should carry a penalty of death by lethal flaming.

But hey I love low balling, it stops people posting MAKE ME AN OFFER, in a hope that someone will pay 100 times the value.

Oh wait I do that.. ah well.

Gotta Love domaining.

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've got some pretty 'low balls' at the moment! :lol:
Pred hasn't had reason to empty them over Christmas.
Maybe Pred will get lucky tonight? ;)
Pred :lol:

D

Deleted member 70408

Lowballing is fine as long as I am the one doing the lowballing. I recall last year I bought a domain for $10 and sold it for $7000.

If people dont post a price then expect a lowball.
Agreed. However, the guy was responding to my Fixed Price listing. This is why I was annoyed!

VirtualT

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Agreed. However, the guy was responding to my Fixed Price listing. This is why I was annoyed!

this annoys me too when people post offers in a fixed price thread, there should be a rule about it

Jacksplat

No time to chit-chat
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm not trying to offend, but the temptation always gets the better of me when I see such posts.

The guy offered 275 for two NNNN.coms .. At most I'd consider and may even turn down 400 for the pair if offered. at 275 I'd scoop them up, but really without any use their value stands only with people who collect and dont realize they have little real use. I don't feel the trend will change much. There are far too many better choices out there for a better price to an end user.

Again, hope your not offended ( i might wanna buy from you someday ) but although 275 is lower than present reseller value, its not too far off.

K, everyone can flame me now.

Jack

D

Deleted member 70408

Jack,
Not going to flame you, but I have not seen any NNNN.com names sell for less than $250 each on this forum in the past 6 months. As I also said, I received a $600 offer for the same 2 names the day before, so clearly the $275 total offer was a lowball.

If someone can prove me wrong and show me a thread from the past 6 months where a NNNN.com name sold for less than $250, I will make a $50 donation to charity.

Johnn

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
'low ball' is generic and has different meaning for each person.
Sellers always wanted to sell as high as they can and buyers wanted to buy as low as they can.

Many members here used 'fixed prices' and 'taking offers' in many ways.
- You can invite offers from fixed prices forums and you can specify BIN in the offers forums.

If you want to be specific then spell it out :
- Fixed prices - not taking offers.

Jacksplat

No time to chit-chat
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
275 is a lowball, Agreed.
Last year this time they were selling around 200 each in forums and in drops i got some at 160 or so, up to 250 if im not mistaken. Recently from perhaps 2 different sellers I've been seeing them offered just above 300 each with no buyers or taking days to sell. Without research I can guess the majority of these are owned by resellers. Those would possibly be what some base value on (supply demand). I don't base value on any genre based on the holdings of a few domainers selling in the few places offered. I don't doubt people would jump on 200 each (without relevancy or flow) but I stand on what I state, I'd consider 200 or so, but wouldnt leap at them without checking in on their real uses.

Thanks for not being offended, Shows professionalism. But I don't think his private offer should be made public, you can rectify now by at least editing his name out of the thread. (I don't know the guy by the way)

Jack

'low ball' is generic and has different meaning for each person.
Sellers always wanted to sell as high as they can and buyers wanted to buy as low as they can.

Many members here used 'fixed prices' and 'taking offers' in many ways.
- You can invite offers from fixed prices forums and you can specify BIN in the offers forums.

If you want to be specific then spell it out :
- Fixed prices - not taking offers.

Very well stated Johnn.

D

Deleted member 70408

275 is a lowball, Agreed.

Thanks for not being offended, Shows professionalism. But I don't think his private offer should be made public, you can rectify now by at least editing his name out of the thread. (I don't know the guy by the way)

Jack
Has been edited.

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I still think you will be better served in the long run to look for opportunity rather than insult. Might work out this time, probably wont. But sometimes it will work out to your favor. Nothing good will come from getting insulted. As far as I'm concerned, if someone is starting the conversation by offering 50% of value, we have something to talk about.

checknme

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
lol - I remember EJS offering me $15 for Scripts.info and thinking that was not a lowball. Just shows how subjective this can be. I do understand your issue about it being as a result of a post in the Fixed Prices forum though.

D

Deleted member 70408

Yours was in the offer section without any opening offer listed. This is completely different.

dvestors

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
lol - I remember EJS offering me $15 for Scripts.info

Owned. :lol:

People make offers in the fixed-price section all the time. Either counter-offer or say no thanks. This thread is entirely inappropriate.

furca

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If someone can prove me wrong and show me a thread from the past 6 months where a NNNN.com name sold for less than $250, I will make a $50 donation to charity.

I bought 1 for less 2 days ago on NP.

But save your money for church pls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom