Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Speed Networking: Steve, this is Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeyVic

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What did you think of this year's method of speed networking? I was not fond of it. We each only had about ten minutes to get to know six people, that a computer program assigned us to based upon our business interest and expertise. It did an ok job at this, but I would prefer a networking system that scaled better.

I would rather be at a table of 5-6 people, who each introduced themselves to that group, and when all are done - then rotate to a new table. It is still rapid, but You should be able to at least have minimum knowlege of each of the people in the room that way. Other thoughts on what speed networking formats work well for groups of 50-100 people?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
HeyVic - The session lasted 30 minutes for the group of six people; about 5 minutes per session. The upside: I didn't get sick after that session, unlike in 2010 and round-robin speed networking that involved 100 handshakes and non-stop talking :D The bottom line: it's up to your own initiative to walk up to and introduce yourself to everyone, outside of scheduled events. It worked wonders for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom