Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Starting a Registrar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toeki

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
take a look at RegFly - they got 500,000+ domains but they're still a reseller for enom

rumor has it that they might become a ICANN accredited registrar

csitenet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Its well worth advertising in internet sites and not tv. Tv wont do you much good. If you spend the money you want on tv ads on internet ads you will go much further and build up a good rep.

Domain reg biz makes small profit unless in a large scale. If you are serious you will need about 1 million$ i would think. to spend alot of ads, getting recognised etc. Spend money on a decent interface, etc.
you will need to hire staff. You can't do it all on your own like a hosting biz. You need to consider all aspects. Getting your own servers, reliable connection. If your going to offer web hosting what software you will use.

i strongly recommend you don't go into this buisness unless you have PROPER investment. There is alot of big players who can afford to offer cheap prices than you may in your first few years which may hurt your business.

Although the best of luck to you if you are going to start it. But i really suggest getting a stong investment before hand! Else its Higly likely you wont make much profit / money at all and you may lose your house etc!

David

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've come to the conclusion that Registrar may not be the route. I am now seriously looking into starting a PPC network, maybe parking as well. PPC will be like AdSense contextual, etc. What ya'll think of that line of business, since I've gotten such great responses, I may as well ask here. Thank again, tons of information.

Nexus

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
dberube said:
I've come to the conclusion that Registrar may not be the route. I am now seriously looking into starting a PPC network, maybe parking as well. PPC will be like AdSense contextual, etc. What ya'll think of that line of business, since I've gotten such great responses, I may as well ask here. Thank again, tons of information.
Try to collect a number of high traffic partners and get onboard with Google's parking system as a collective. See how you do.

~ Nexus

David

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Nexus said:
Try to collect a number of high traffic partners and get onboard with Google's parking system as a collective. See how you do.

~ Nexus

Where can I get information as a joining in as a collective?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom